Glimmer of hope for accountants

UA to AU

Hi all, the results for the 3rd Feb round are up - for accountants they have indeed started inviting 65 pointers!!

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil/3-february-2016-round-results

Good luck to all of those waiting!

It looks as though 2 full months worth of 65 pointers were invited and this was 250 people.

However this trend cannot continue, there are only 1270 slots left which is only 141 a round.

I would guess that if you are a recent EOI submission with 65 points you are not going to be guaranteed an invite.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like 250 invitations cleared a half of month of 70ers and 2 months of 65ers. Surprisingly, despite the total number of invitations fall from 2400 to 1600, they didn't cut the number of accountants - same 250. Hopefully, the trend will be the same, which is good for 65ers submitted in 2015.

It looks like 250 invitations cleared a half of month of 70ers and 2 months of 65ers. Surprisingly, despite the total number of invitations fall from 2400 to 1600, they didn't cut the number of accountants - same 250. Hopefully, the trend will be the same, which is good for 65ers submitted in 2015.

This trend cannot continue as there are only a limited number of accounting places left, averaging the number of places out per invitation round means only 140 can be invited per round, if more are invited still then the cap will simply be reached earlier.

This trend cannot continue as there are only a limited number of accounting places left, averaging the number of places out per invitation round means only 140 can be invited per round, if more are invited still then the cap will simply be reached earlier.

Actually, it can, but you are right that in this case the ceiling will be reached within ~ 5 rounds or 2 month (in Apr), but the faster the quota is filled the more 65ers will be invited this fin year. Hope this is what they will do.

Another positive trend is that programming occupations (which are the most numerous) ceiling could be reached within 2-3 rounds, which should reflect positively on accountants.

[TABLE=width: 282]

[TR]

[TD]2613[/TD]

[TD]Software and Applications Programmers

1160 places remains, 580 were given on the last round. [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

2611[/TD]

[TD]

ICT Business and Systems Analysts

340 places remains, 125 were given on the last round.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by UA to AU

Hell, DIBP made a mistake, and now has corrected it. Real visa date of effect is 3​ August 2015 4:35 PM.

Every round they make mistakes :(

Hell, DIBP made a mistake, and now has corrected it. Real visa date of effect is 3​ August 2015 4:35 PM.

Every round they make mistakes :(

Good spot I had wrote down 30th also, a bit annoying for those waiting still and that makes quite a difference.

So only 1 month cleared with 250 invites which means over a 6 month backlog of 65 pointers, this most likely means that new 65 pointers will not get an invite.

Unbelievable, congrats on that. Could you tell me briefly how a direct grant is different from the standard procedure, and are there any ways (in your opinion) to increase the chances of getting a direct grant?

I did not do anything different to get a direct grant and there is no difference in process etc. it simply means you have already provided the case officer all required documents so he does not contact you, therefore just make sure you upload everything at time of application. I had already done my police checks and medicals and had all documents scanned and ready to upload the day I applied.

I made sure I uploaded everything I thought which could be useful, so for work; contracts, payslips, P60/P45's, references. For my de facto relationship photos, bank statements (joint and solo), a signed statement, bills. For my education everything I used for the skills assessment. Various forms of ID; passport, driving licence, birth certificate.

The only thing which I did not upload was form 80, I have seen a few people recently mention they were asked for this, however it is a long form so I took the risk.

I made sure I uploaded everything I thought which could be useful, so for work; contracts, payslips, P60/P45's, references. For my de facto relationship photos, bank statements (joint and solo), a signed statement, bills. For my education everything I used for the skills assessment. Various forms of ID; passport, driving licence, birth certificate.

So you passed police checks and medicals after getting the invitation without asking from DIBP and when you lodged visa you uploaded medicals and police certificate together with basic documents. Am I right?

So if your application had stuck for more than a year you would have to pass medicals and police checks again?

So you passed police checks and medicals after getting the invitation without asking from DIBP and when you lodged visa you uploaded medicals and police certificate together with basic documents. Am I right?

So if your application had stuck for more than a year you would have to pass medicals and police checks again?

No, I did the police checks and medicals a couple of months before I even had an invite when I had lodged my EOI.

I knew roughly when I would get an invite and I knew my case was straight forward so that the application should not take long to be processed, I also knew that I wanted to be in Australia by June 2016 so I was not bothered about the date implications.

Yes if my application had taken longer I would have needed to get more checks, I did the checks in October and my grant was December so this only gives me until October to enter the country but for me this was not an issue and as I said I planned and will be over there by June!

The main disadvantage with doing the checks now is that they are only valid for one year, so as you suggested if your invitation comes late, and/or your application takes a while it may mean you need to enter the country very soon, or redo these parts.

Hi everybody. This is an excellent news!

So, what do you think about the possibility to be fastly nominated by NSW for 190 visa? Given that the queue of accountants for 189 visa is moving, there is more space for a nomination by NSW with a base of 65 points + 5 points for nomination?

Another question about the SKILLSELECT INVITATION ROUND of 3rd FEBRUARY 2016:

[TABLE=class: table-100]

[TR]

[TH]Points[/TH]

[TH]Description[/TH]

[TH]Points score[/TH]

[TH]Visa date of effect[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2211[/TD]

[TD]Accountants[/TD]

[TD]65[/TD]

[TD]

3​ August 2015 4:35 PM

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

What does it mean that the "Visa date of effect" is 3 August 2015 4:35PM ?

Have a good day!

Edited by Kuriatko

Hi everybody. This is an excellent news!

So, what do you think about the possibility to be fastly nominated by NSW for 190 visa? Given that the queue of accountants for 189 visa is moving, there is more space for a nomination by NSW with a base of 65 points + 5 points for nomination?

Another question about the SKILLSELECT INVITATION ROUND of 3rd FEBRUARY 2016:

[TABLE=class: table-100]

[TR]

[TH]Points[/TH]

[TH]Description[/TH]

[TH]Points score[/TH]

[TH]Visa date of effect[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2211[/TD]

[TD]Accountants[/TD]

[TD]65[/TD]

[TD]

3​ August 2015 4:35 PM

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

What does it mean that the "Visa date of effect" is 3 August 2015 4:35PM ?

Have a good day!

Hi, it's impossible to predict for 190 SS. I agree that chances to get an invitation will increase, but still difficult to say.

Visa date of effect means the date on which the latest invitation was sent. In other words, everyone who submitted 189 EOI with 65 points has already been invited. Everyone who submitted later is not invited yet.

Serg

Hi Everybody !

Any further news for accountants (also from other forums)? Other invitations after the EOI lodged on 22nd September 2015 mentioned by Serg?

Have a nice Friday ;-) !

I am afraid until the official stats are released dates are not that useful, you also need to know the total number invited as we are nearing the cap.

Knowing people on 22/09 got an invite is less important, as if this was from 125 invites then this is really good news, but if it was from 250 invites then it is potentially bad news.

... Knowing people on 22/09 got an invite is less important, as if this was from 125 invites then this is really good news, but if it was from 250 invites then it is potentially bad news.

You're right! I will wait for official statistics before to state that it's a "good news".

And what about 190 invitations from NSW? Where can I find other threads where people discuss about the 189/190 matter for accountants?

You're right! I will wait for official statistics before to state that it's a "good news".

And what about 190 invitations from NSW? Where can I find other threads where people discuss about the 189/190 matter for accountants?

I am not too close to 190 visa's as I did a 189. I know that these are not linked to the limits etc. so I imagine finding someone to compare invite dates with will be harder.

I am afraid until the official stats are released dates are not that useful, you also need to know the total number invited as we are nearing the cap.

Knowing people on 22/09 got an invite is less important, as if this was from 125 invites then this is really good news, but if it was from 250 invites then it is potentially bad news.

I think this is good news anyway. This round proved the DIBP's new trend (not 25 - 50 invites a round like in 2015) - they are interested in accountants. A couple of months ago I didn't even dream about a trend like that. Those (65), who won't get invited this fin year are likely to get invitations in H2 2016, so don't get depressed.

PS: hope DIBP will learn from its auditors experience in 2015.

Serg