Tassie Talk

PommyPaul

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/04/2016 at 09:30, Skani said:

How can a town with this chocolate heaven not be a fab place? :wubclub::laugh:

http://anvers-chocolate.com.au/#intro

And there was an amazing shop called Reliquaire - 26 rooms of amazing stuff - which burnt down on Christmas Eve.:cry: I've known people to make the drive from Hobart just to visit Reliquaire. But the owners are re establishing it in temporary accommodation at the moment.

http://www.reliquaire.com/

Reliquaire has reopened Skani.  It has been rebuilt on the original Gilbert Street site.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toots said:

Reliquaire has reopened Skani.  It has been rebuilt on the original Gilbert Street site.

Anvers is a regular stop for us if we are en route to Devonport, a delightful place with generous free samples.. the same applies to Ashgrove Cheese Factory. The Federation Chocolate Factory @ Taranna is also a pleasant stop although I dont like their chocolate as much, but they have the most beautiful Huon pine conference table cut by their fair hands.  Always love the Christmas shop @ Richmond....Lafayette On Bridge...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Evandale said:

Anvers is a regular stop for us if we are en route to Devonport, a delightful place with generous free samples.. the same applies to Ashgrove Cheese Factory. The Federation Chocolate Factory @ Taranna is also a pleasant stop although I dont like their chocolate as much, but they have the most beautiful Huon pine conference table cut by their fair hands.  Always love the Christmas shop @ Richmond....Lafayette On Bridge...

The Design Inn, High Street, East Launceston is a wonderful Christmas Shop, beautiful displays, always a favourite of ours with a great French cafe next door on the common and a wonderful butcher close by!

40 minutes ago, Evandale said:

The Design Inn, High Street, East Launceston is a wonderful Christmas Shop, beautiful displays, always a favourite of ours with a great French cafe next door on the common and a wonderful butcher close by!

I've never been Evandale.  Thanks for telling us about it.  Put it on my list of things to see when I'm in the area   .........................  I'll leave the butcher shop for my husband to go look at.  I've never been inside a butcher's shop not even as a child.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toots said:

Oh wow....that's wonderful!    They were so devastated by the fire and it was such a special place that I thought it might be all too much to start over again.

• Like 1