Guest Guest66881

Cops and drug use.

Guest Guest66881

One of three police officers stood down after testing positive to illegal drugs was the same officer cleared after fatally shooting a dog in Perth’s northern suburbs.

Police revealed last night that an internal review had cleared a police officer of wrongdoing after he fatally shot a Staffordshire Terrier named Biggie on a Kinross on November 2.

Vision of the incident went viral after it showed the officer shooting the dog.

WA Police said yesterday the vision had been examined and a review had determined the officer was justified in shooting the dog.

Biggie, who is understood to have escaped from a backyard, had reportedly been acting aggressively for about two hours before he was shot.

getimagecontent_7_1b5tgnf_1b5tgni_1b5v3rk-1b5v3rm.jpg?x=656&sig=9kgsn3cjuJxFlI._xRJcGw--Dog shooter cop stood down over drug tests

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/30256723/dog-shooter-cop-stood-down-over-drug-tests/

Begs the question just how many more are high while on duty?

Guest Guest66881

Could it be in this instance he took to drugs because of the public pressure against him (not condoning his actions at all) or is he a career drug user and how many more are there?

I am not at all surprised.

We have had two dealings with WA police and on both they proved to be incompetent, moronically stupid and a total waste of tax payers money.

Guest Guest66881

Total waste of a great dog's life and a career that a lot of people would give their right arms to do:dull:

The owner was to blame. How do 2 big dogs like that get out of their yard, walk 10kms and attract so much attention the police are called...and attend..in WA? More to this than meets the eye, second time the dogs had got out and another cop had shot and missed earlier on. Poor ownership.

Guest Guest66881
The owner was to blame. How do 2 big dogs like that get out of their yard, walk 10kms and attract so much attention the police are called...and attend..in WA? More to this than meets the eye, second time the dogs had got out and another cop had shot and missed earlier on. Poor ownership.

The threads about the police officer being a druggie on duty?

The threads about the police officer being a druggie on duty?

Oh right. Sorry for mentioning the dog issue. You did too. Druggie cops? I'd question the validity of the test/circumstances. Not defending just keeping open mind.

Oh right. Sorry for mentioning the dog issue. You did too. Druggie cops? I'd question the validity of the test/circumstances. Not defending just keeping open mind.

Why would you question the validity of the test without knowing anything about it ? I would be more surprised to hear no cops were drug takers.

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me. 

Sigh. Just an episode of a cop programme I watched once. I find it surprising such info is available to the press tbh

I said test/circumstances. The episode is being linked. Therefore I'd question the whole thing given its 'come out' since the video did showing the dog sitting for the cop. Something fishy going on

Just do a little research into cops and drugs within Australia over the years. It reached quite high places a few decades back. Back to the thread. Why would anyone think cops wouldn't get high as anyone else? Who knows how widespread. They would certainly know where to get their hands on the merchandise.

Just do a little research into cops and drugs within Australia over the years. It reached quite high places a few decades back. Back to the thread. Why would anyone think cops wouldn't get high as anyone else? Who knows how widespread. They would certainly know where to get their hands on the merchandise.

Drugs and corruption in the police force were pretty rife in certain areas when I first came to Australia in the very early 80's. Quite disgusting really at the time.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

Guest Guest66881

The timing is either very unfortunate for the cop in question, as he did pass the one before the dog shooting, maybe it is stress related him taking to drugs seeing he as received death threats on social media etc?

The testing is done by an independant body they work across all fields of employment, we had them in a few weeks ago. I wonder how many of the stress based industries do have drug related issues within the ranks - nurses/doctors etc?

Paul were you the owner of this dog ?

I want it all, and I want it now.

I suppose nothing surprises these days but I expect police to be held to a higher standard.

It annoys me that these days drug use is never treated as a criminal issue.

If you are pulled over and tested for drugs the worst that happens is that it is treated as a driving offence.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Guest Guest66881
Paul were you the owner of this dog ?

No mate, but i do know the family and knew the dog in question.

The police have a zero policy regarding drug usage, why not the ranger to this call though maybe the ranger was sat in a carpark somewhere lighting his pipe up or whatever they get up to?

Police should be an example to the rest of society and taking drugs, excessive drinking etc etc should result in immediate dismissal and criminal prosecution. This principle should also apply to anybody in a position of responsibility from pilot to bus driver.

Regarding drug taking, pressure or stress DO NOT result in drug taking, 99% of drug taking is social and through choice. Drugs cause an issue for a number of people in society who have addictive tendencies or get involved in addictive drugs ie ice. Most recreational drugs are not addictive and most casual users are not addicts.

The solution is no tolerance ie the UAE approach or legalise with treatments available for those in trouble. Current approach globally is not working.

S

Thames Migration appointed Jun 12 and 189 Visa granted Jan 13:wink:. Landed Sep 14 and roots being quickly established. Brisbane, what an amazing place with incredible opportunity.

Guest Guest66881
Police should be an example to the rest of society and taking drugs, excessive drinking etc etc should result in immediate dismissal and criminal prosecution. This principle should also apply to anybody in a position of responsibility from pilot to bus driver.

Regarding drug taking, pressure or stress DO NOT result in drug taking, 99% of drug taking is social and through choice. Drugs cause an issue for a number of people in society who have addictive tendencies or get involved in addictive drugs ie ice. Most recreational drugs are not addictive and most casual users are not addicts.

The solution is no tolerance ie the UAE approach or legalise with treatments available for those in trouble. Current approach globally is not working.

S

Rubbish.

It is hypocritical of the police to take drugs themselves. But then again they don't make the laws they just enforce them.

So long as the officer was not impaired at work, there should be no problem.

Prohibition has solved nothing and has only strengthened the criminal element in society.

If you want to cut down on drug use look at the society that the drug users live in.

When people lead happy productive lives they use less drugs.

When people lead lives with little hope or have problems they use more drugs.

Drug use should be a medical issue not a criminal one.

End prohibition and see the world change.

It is hypocritical of the police to take drugs themselves. But then again they don't make the laws they just enforce them.

So long as the officer was not impaired at work, there should be no problem.

Prohibition has solved nothing and has only strengthened the criminal element in society.

If you want to cut down on drug use look at the society that the drug users live in.

When people lead happy productive lives they use less drugs.

When people lead lives with little hope or have problems they use more drugs.

Drug use should be a medical issue not a criminal one.

End prohibition and see the world change.

Not sure I agree with all of that, drug takers are usually weak minded people that succumb to peer pressure. Once drug takers start breaking laws of fuel their habit it becomes a criminal issue.

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me.