How Long?

Guest kazzy01

Guest kazzy01

Dear All

Today I have sent my final outstanding documents to Australia so am wondering if any of you can tell me how long it will be until I hear whether the visa has been approved?

I have applied for a Skilled General 136 visa.

How will I hear, a phone call, email or letter?

Would appreciate any guidance on this! So glad the end is in sight now!!

Karen

Guest donovan

HI KAREN MY HUSBAND IS APPLYING FOR 136 SKILLED VISA, WE SENT OUR DOCUMENTS TO OZ IN AUGUST AND HEARD 8 WEEKS LATER, I HAVE HEARD THAT THEY DO ACKNOWLEDGE FROM THE TIME THE RECEIVE IT (AUGUST) WE ARE JUST WAITING TO HEAR THAT WE CAN GO FOR OUR MEDS, BUT I THINK THIS CAN TAKE UPTO 5/6 MONTHS

SARAH

Hi,

You will get an acknowledgment letter or email (depend how you've asked for them to correspond with you), ours did say how long the wait for processing was (at that time it was 4 - 5 months), at 4 1/2 months we got a case officer and he requested we go for medicals & send for police checks and gave us all the forms. The police checks took ages to come back - our visa was granted 2 weeks after the last bit of paper work was received in Aus

Guest MarcDownUnder

Hi Karen,

If you have sent your medical/police check as well as your application then it shouldn't take too long. I applied on the 13th October and my visa was granted last Wednesday (however this was a partner visa and I am already in Australia so it might be different for you). They sent a letter through the post.

Good luck!

Marc

Guest kazzy01

Sorry I should have explained more clearly. By final documents, I meant my police check and a copy of my new passport.

They have had all of the application back in February. So I wanted to know, now that they have received everything I have been asked for by my case officer how long will it take to hear whether the visa has been granted or not?

Hope that is clearer.

Kind Regards

Archived