Guest ameliaandpeter

OH thinks i'm mad but............

Guest ameliaandpeter

Has anyone taken a tortoise to OZ. It's the family pet and i don't want to leave it. OH says if it costs alot it's not going.

Any advise much appreciated.

Thanks

Amelia

Guest kdal

Hi Ameila, I don't blame you if it were my tortoise I would want to take it too.

Now I have a story

A friend of mine was on holiday and her son became attached to this tortoise, anyway they were on the aeroplane and he kept going to the toilet, when they got out of the UK airport, he popped the tortoise out of his trousers!! They still have it now

I know thats naughty and I am not telling you to do that, but there you are you can love a tortoise!

Guest ameliaandpeter

:biglaugh::biglaugh: thanks for that. i wonder how long the flight was i don't think i could do that for 22hrs. Plus he is quite big.

Plus been watching that oz customs programme and they seem very scary especially the women.

Thanks again

Amelia

Guest Sandra,Mike and boys

Hi Amelia

I know how you feel. We had two cats untl a few months ago and since the female-Treacle- died we just have Saracen- Mike named him!!!

Anyway, we don't want to bring him as such a long way and he is getting on, we were hoping in-laws would have him as there cat has just died. Found out today that they are 100% on not having him, and suggested we get him put down!!!

Feeling great right now!

Really hope you can sort out the tortoise dilema, my parents have one they inherited and always thought we may inherit him from them down the line.

S X

Guest ameliaandpeter

Hi Sandra,

thought you had gone on your reccie, u have been very quiet. Guess inlaws aren't animal lovers. Do u think your mum might?

Pete thinks i'm mad about tortoise situ don't know if its boy or girl so named speedy. read your thread girl i know what u mean. had lump in my throat reading a moving thread yesterday. i think our emotions r all over the place the more it hits home.

take care

Amelia x

Hi Sandra,

thought you had gone on your reccie, u have been very quiet. Guess inlaws aren't animal lovers. Do u think your mum might?

Pete thinks i'm mad about tortoise situ don't know if its boy or girl so named speedy. read your thread girl i know what u mean. had lump in my throat reading a moving thread yesterday. i think our emotions r all over the place the more it hits home.

take care

Amelia x

3 weeks til we go. Just been revising, but all exams out the way now, hoping to get my results soon, although been told I've passed the practical for the massage, and feel good out about the test papers- got 88% for anatomy and physiology in the mocks- surprised myself!!!

So now I can get excited re the trip, just need to get back my positive vibe!!!

How are your plans going hun?

Guest ameliaandpeter

Quick answer not. At moment need to contact ea to find out situ. but i know he is going to say nothing at present we have a broken chain AND NOTHING IS SELLING AT MOMENT. I don't know what to do as took house off market. I don't want loads of strangers trooping through house ruining weekend again plus don't want buyers to pull out. As they have alot cheaper hse which i hoped would sell quickly.

Sorry about rant it's doing my head in.

Must be great now exams over and u can plan trip. I,ve left a few things in next for u.

Take care

Amelia x

Rant away hun, I definately feel for you, its such a damn frustrating time trying to sell, still got everthing crossed for you hun.

Will speak soon

S X

(I am soooo planning on going to the Next end of season sale when the summer ends!!!!)

ive just been having a look on the quarantine website and im pretty sure you will not be able to bring a tortoise with you,this is what ive read,the website is the AQIS one ,hope this helps with your dilema,

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest 7gotooz
Has anyone taken a tortoise to OZ. It's the family pet and i don't want to leave it. OH says if it costs alot it's not going.

Any advise much appreciated.

Thanks

Amelia

Hi

I am pretty certain its cats/dogs & some horses

Take care

Rachel

Guest ameliaandpeter
ive just been having a look on the quarantine website and im pretty sure you will not be able to bring a tortoise with you,this is what ive read,the website is the AQIS one ,hope this helps with your dilema,

Cal x

Thanks for info Cal, at moment can't get into site (think laptops buggered). Bit gutted, we hadn't considered moving to oz when we got him. If we have to leave him there are about 10 families that want him. He's the first thing they asked about, a very popular boy.

Thanks again

Amelia

Guest kdal
thanks for that. i wonder how long the flight was i don't think i could do that for 22hrs. Plus he is quite big.

Plus been watching that oz customs programme and they seem very scary especially the women.

Thanks again

Amelia

Emmmm are you sure you can't disguise him as something lol

Your right abt the Oz customs programme.

Will not be hibernating time, can't you hide him in the container:biglaugh:

Don't listen to me you will be trouble

Anyway have a Tortoise joke for you :-

At a fancy dress ball one couple came with the woman on the man's back.

"What have you come as?" asked the hostess.

"I'm a tortoise," said the man.

"A tortoise?" she asked.

"Yes. My name is Tom, and this is Michelle."

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Guest ameliaandpeter

:biglaugh::biglaugh: VERY FUNNY :biglaugh::biglaugh:

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TOLD A TORTOISE JOKE BEFORE AND I CAN TELL THE KIDS ..........

Guest Glen & Shirl

Hi Amelia & Peter,

Just thought I would let you know about something I heard once about 'sexing' a tortoise....

In the depths of my mind someone has told me that you look underneath a tortoise to see which sex it is. I know what your thinking, not at the back end, at the tummy in fact!

If the tummy is flat is should be a girl....if it is concave it should be a boy. This allows the male to mount the female and when I was told this, it seemed pretty obvious......always been a bit nieve me!

Hope this facinating fact is useful to whoever inherits him or her.

Shirley

Guest ameliaandpeter

Thanks For That Shirley, I Will Track Him/her Down Hopefully Tomorrow As Not Easy To Find If Raining.

I Will Report My Findings.

Thank God If Doesn't Involve Marigolds, Try Explaining That To The Kids.

Amelia

Guest missymon
:biglaugh::biglaugh: thanks for that. i wonder how long the flight was i don't think i could do that for 22hrs. Plus he is quite big.

Thanks again

Amelia

Hi Amelia,

Can you tell me which is the TV programme about Oz customs and which channel it is on please? Anything about Oz and I have to watch it!! lol

Thanks hon

Monica

Guest Racht70
Hi Amelia,

Can you tell me which is the TV programme about Oz customs and which channel it is on please? Anything about Oz and I have to watch it!! lol

Thanks hon

Monica

Hi there its called nothing to declare and i think its on discovery channel.I sky plus them and have an oz fest every saturday night

Nothingto declare 2 episodes

Crime scene Australia one weeks worth (5-6 episodes)

Rach your sad,lol,, i was just like you before i came ,it got to the stage where all your mates give you that ''not oz again'' look everytime you go to speak,lol

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Guest ameliaandpeter
Hi Amelia,

Thanks hon

Monica

missymon,

it's on Wednesday 9.00pm on Living for 1hr. It is repeated in the week but don't know when.

Enjoy

Amelia

Guest 7gotooz

Thanks again

Amelia

Hi Amelia

A couple of weeks ago on the news there was this story about an internet company selling tortoises & delivering them by courier - they built them a custom made nest in a box & DHL `d them!!

That would be the best way to emmigrate - go for a long nap & wake up in Oz with your house still around you !!!!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Take care

Rachel

Guest missymon
missymon,

it's on Wednesday 9.00pm on Living for 1hr. It is repeated in the week but don't know when.

Enjoy

Amelia

Many thanks for the info. I will look forward towatching it.

Monica

Guest mandisfam
Thanks For That Shirley, I Will Track Him/her Down Hopefully Tomorrow As Not Easy To Find If Raining.

I Will Report My Findings.

Thank God If Doesn't Involve Marigolds, Try Explaining That To The Kids.

Amelia

Hi Amelia, So what sex is your tortoise then????

Sorry to hear to wont be able to take him/her......but this thread did make me chuckle....

Mandisfam