186 Visa - Health Waiver Process and Time lines

sydnewbee

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and found very helpful.

Here is my situation. I have been on 457 visa from last 3 years and recently company sponsored my 186 nomination.

Nomination got approved last month i have applied for visa(on my own) 2 weeks back. Completed my medicals and have been told that my blood work found that i have HIV. I have been checking since then what are my options to get PR.

Is there any one in this forum gone through similar situation. I know i can exercise heath waiver at later stage when CO will ask. But, it will be helpful for me to know if any one had been through similar situation and the end result.

My health status is excellent and i haven't had any major health issues from last couple of years.

Thanks

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and found very helpful.

Here is my situation. I have been on 457 visa from last 3 years and recently company sponsored my 186 nomination.

Nomination got approved last month i have applied for visa(on my own) 2 weeks back. Completed my medicals and have been told that my blood work found that i have HIV. I have been checking since then what are my options to get PR.

Is there any one in this forum gone through similar situation. I know i can exercise heath waiver at later stage when CO will ask. But, it will be helpful for me to know if any one had been through similar situation and the end result.

My health status is excellent and i haven't had any major health issues from last couple of years.

Thanks

So you have been diagnosed with HIV as part if the visa medical? Is there a waiver available for that?

I would suggest you need a good registered agent, with experience of medical cases.

Hi Sydnewbee Welcome to the forum. There is the potential for a health waiver to be considered by the DIBP under certain circumstances when using the ENS transitional stream. The MOC estimated costing for someone living with HIV is generally considerable and I suggest you obtain advise from someone with experience with this condition and health waivers prior to hearing from your CO. This will enable you to know what circumstances would permit consideration of a health waiver, know what will be required and to prepare in advance of the CO contacting you. I'm assuming from your username you are in Sydney, if so you might contact http://halc.org.au/ for some initial advice.

• 1 month later...

I'm also in the same situation except that I know my condition before I applied. I have declared on my application form my status which I brought all my records to Bupa when I did my health check. I am not yet in the process of health waiver as I've only lodged recently.

I'm in touch with a MA which he claims that they had 8 successful health waiver cases in the past 2 years 6 of which are HIV related. During the same period, the have not received any refusal yet. The claim seems legit since the company is one of the big law firms that has been around for quite some time.

Hi All,

Apologies for the delay in response and thanks for your updates and support.

I am in discussion with an agent who has experience in Health Waiver process.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 05/01/2016 at 13:09, arianph said:

I'm also in the same situation except that I know my condition before I applied. I have declared on my application form my status which I brought all my records to Bupa when I did my health check. I am not yet in the process of health waiver as I've only lodged recently.

I'm in touch with a MA which he claims that they had 8 successful health waiver cases in the past 2 years 6 of which are HIV related. During the same period, the have not received any refusal yet. The claim seems legit since the company is one of the big law firms that has been around for quite some time.

Hi arianph, I was happy to know that I had a similar case with you.  May I know whic MA did you go to for your health waiver request and did you lodge your visa on your own or through a migration agent?  Thanks.  I know this is an old thread but I appreciate if you could offer some information.

• 1 year later...

Hi I am New in this forum , Could anyone have idea about it.

I left Australia not realising the fact that I was in bridging visa A, and couldn't return back 

To Australia, because I didn't bring travel Authority.

I applied ENS visa Feb 2018 from Aged care and still in the process.

I tried to go back to Australia by tourist but Immigration  refused my tourist visa

What is other visa option for us to 're enter Australia . Me ,my wife and 4 year old child was in visa application. Could  you please share your experience please

Hi I am New in this forum , Could anyone have idea about it.

I left Australia not realising the fact that I was in bridging visa A, and couldn't return back 

To Australia, because I didn't bring travel Authority.

I applied ENS visa Feb 2018 from Aged care and still in the process.

I tried to go back to Australia by tourist but Immigration  refused my tourist visa

What is other visa option for us to 're enter Australia . Me ,my wife and 4 year old child was in visa application. Could  you please share your experience please