Pro Forma of assets - getting a bank to witness

Guest Veebee29

Guest Veebee29

Hello,

I am currently getting my paperwork together for sponsorship from South Australian Government.

I need to get my assets witnessed by a bank official or public notary.

I visited 2 banks today and it seemed to be a new thing to them and they weren't happy to sign away to anything.

I am currently looking into getting a public notary instead.

has anyone else bene through this and do you have any advice? It may be because my mortgage and savings are with separate banks therefore one single bank cannot witness my total assets?

Thanks for your help!

Vicki

Hello,

I am currently getting my paperwork together for sponsorship from South Australian Government.

I need to get my assets witnessed by a bank official or public notary.

I visited 2 banks today and it seemed to be a new thing to them and they weren't happy to sign away to anything.

I am currently looking into getting a public notary instead.

has anyone else bene through this and do you have any advice? It may be because my mortgage and savings are with separate banks therefore one single bank cannot witness my total assets?

Thanks for your help!

Vicki

Hi Vicki,

I am not sure if this is any help but can't you go to your solicitor and get him to certify any documents? We were sponsored by the Qld government and our assets were cash and property. So, the bank statements were sufficient evidence to prove available cash and the properties we had, we had to have independant valuations of all of them and this was enough evidence.

Speak to your agent, i am sure they will accept certified copies.

Paul

Guest Veebee29

Hi, thanks for your response!

Yes it seems very straightforward to just get a solicitor to notarise the pro forma now. They also said that they do not need to see any evidence as it is a declaration of net values made by me on my honour.

I think I was just hoping to save some money, it will cost around 70 pounds for this service (I'm in London). But all worth it in the end.

I am not using a migration agent so am finding this site extremel useful!

VETASSESS granted 29/04/08

Next step is SA Gov sponsorship.

Archived