My travel thread

Quokka2005

Never had a problem with jet lag travelling either way and nor have I found the journey boring, in fact probably more relaxing, for me anyhow plenty of things to do that I never seem to get too much time to do normally! I can sit back and watch films, tv programmes, play games read books/newspapers/magazines, do crosswords/puzzle books and all this whilst having my food and drink brought to me, I can doze off whenever I want and not too fussed on getting a good sleep because, and this is what works for both Linda and myself, we will sleep at normal sleeping time (or maybe slightly earlier) once in the destination country. The hard part is if you land on a morning, trying to stay awake all day, to this end we try and look at flights which will land afternoon/evening or have some thing organized to do to keep us occupied for the day.

Happy travels.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I gave up on telling mum I have a job, she wasn't really believing it lol. So she thinks I'm coming Friday. she text me saying she's so excited which makes the sadness of leaving here a bit easier. I'm sure she'll want to send me on a plane again after a week haha

I did a '

contiki'

Tour when I started the travel ... Tapped in and out of loads of places. Gave me a great idea of places to go later. Once a traveller always a traveller for some of us, I left Aus in 1994, returned 2012.... Very unsettled.,, won't be staying at ' home' long at all!!

The first flight was fine because I slept for almost 8 hours. The second flight was crap, really cramped and warm. Someone became ill on the plane so they had to ask for a doctor.

I managed to surprise my mum!! Was so funny. I thought she had figured out that I was coming today but she thought it was maybe tomorrow. She screeched haha

The first flight was fine because I slept for almost 8 hours. The second flight was crap, really cramped and warm. Someone became ill on the plane so they had to ask for a doctor.

I managed to surprise my mum!! Was so funny. I thought she had figured out that I was coming today but she thought it was maybe tomorrow. She screeched haha

That must have been lovely to surprise your mum especially as she wasn't expecting you today :cute: 8 Hours sleep on one a flight is great! Well done! Shame about the second flight.

Im trying to settle down into home life again but i cant shake the travel bug. I kinda thought it would go away but its like my minds blocked out all the stressful parts. Someone told me the long haul flight would be like giving birth.. you forget the bad bits after lol. Thats kinda what its like.

Im trying to settle down into home life again but i cant shake the travel bug. I kinda thought it would go away but its like my minds blocked out all the stressful parts. Someone told me the long haul flight would be like giving birth.. you forget the bad bits after lol. Thats kinda what its like.

Having done both, I can assure you it's really not the same lol

I'd rather fly long haul then give birth again any day :laugh:.

If your able to travel and enjoy life whilst you do not have commitments why not. Hope you settle soon, I had a friend who came back from Australia from a WHV within a week she had moved to Jersey and then after that job she moved to Norway. She couldn't get rid of the travel bug lol.

Give yourself a bit of time and don't overthink it or put pressure on yourself about it, If you still want to travel someplace else after Christmas, get saving and start planning :) A few months in and you may well still want to leave or you might not.

Give yourself a bit of time and don't overthink it or put pressure on yourself about it, If you still want to travel someplace else after Christmas, get saving and start planning :) A few months in and you may well still want to leave or you might not.

Thats roughly the plan. Hopefully have a better idea of what i want after christmas but not holding my breath.. its me after all haha. I need to save up a lot first anyway, need to pay off nny credit card. Me and mum are thinking of going to krakow in december so if that happens then itll be nice. We've wanted to go there for a while. If i do decide to do another whv then i have to decide between canada and new zealand. Im thinking probably NZ

Thats roughly the plan. Hopefully have a better idea of what i want after christmas but not holding my breath.. its me after all haha. I need to save up a lot first anyway, need to pay off nny credit card. Me and mum are thinking of going to krakow in december so if that happens then itll be nice. We've wanted to go there for a while. If i do decide to do another whv then i have to decide between canada and new zealand. Im thinking probably NZ

Is Canada not extremely difficult to get a WHV for? May have changed as its been 12 years but when I looked into it I couldn't get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk