My travel thread

Quokka2005

He must gave improved. I can't imagine anybody putting up with a rubbish meal at the end of a hard days work. I've known folk who have spent time up north also and out on cattle stations as cooks but they at least were able to provide a decent meal for the workers. The workers don't want anything fancy just good home cooked food and plenty of it.

Doubtful. Only person I've ever known that apparently couldn't cook bacon without burning it. He done good chips, when not setting the oil alight. Mostly his cooking was breakfast, working on tenders taking workers to and from rigs I think it was. Great money, for what he said himself was very little. This was a long time ago though. Indeed the food was first rate in the actual camps at the time.

I expect most ate before or after boarding the vessel when word got out about his cooking.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap that's my wisdom tooth flared up again. A reminder that I need to go home sooner rather than later and get it removed. Unless I get it yanked out in Thailand haha

Yep. No problem in Bangkok. The dentist in the backpacker/tourist ghetto of Khaosan Road will do it for a fair price. They are fully versed to Westerners and speak perfect English. I'd be off there sooner than later.

I cant afford to get it done the now AND travel. My moneys disappeared already, i honestly dont know what on really. Im so bad with money over here, it just vanishes. I had to buy a few things for the trip and then obviously there was petrol, food etc. I bought some gifts for people back home but other than that! Someone take my bank card off me haha. So now ill definitely have to work. Or i just do a stopover on the way home for however long the money lasts me but even if i stay till the end of my visa ill still only do a month in asia cos i want to be home in december

I cant afford to get it done the now AND travel. My moneys disappeared already, i honestly dont know what on really. Im so bad with money over here, it just vanishes. I had to buy a few things for the trip and then obviously there was petrol, food etc. I bought some gifts for people back home but other than that! Someone take my bank card off me haha. So now ill definitely have to work. Or i just do a stopover on the way home for however long the money lasts me but even if i stay till the end of my visa ill still only do a month in asia cos i want to be home in december

Well you are in one of the more expensive countries. Just remember something like one day here in Perth would equate possibly three days in Thailand. Although costs there these days can mount up as well. Especially if drinking. That said you would be able to lay back and enjoy, without the annoyance of work playing on your mind.

With little money, and what I detect no great will to work, I'd be off to Asia as son as possible. Is there any viable need to hang around Perth any longer? I'd imagine any mystic this city may have held, has since worn off?

Every girl here thats visited asia travelled alone. If i go ill be cxareful though, my mum worries a bit too

I have lived in Australia, UK and Thailand and I would be no more concerned about a girl alone in Thailand than I would in either of the other two. In fact, I would potentially be more worried about a girl alone in Sydney than I would in Bangkok.

Asia is very dangerous for women especially travelling alone.

Actually it is dangerous for everyone.

Be very careful if you do go.

Asia depending on where is a walk in the park. I see you never travelled much. Solo women everywhere in Thailand, with loads in Cambodia, Laos and Malaysia. There have been for decades. About the easiest place to travel and those places posing danger, and of course they exist, are well sign pointed.

Really don't alarm the poor girl. Less hassle than parts of Australia.

Probably my biggest risk is just getting lost and having a meltdown haha. But ive no interest in going to any full moon parties or anything like that so i should be safe enough if i do go to asia

You'll be very safe. More so than out late in Perth, generally speaking. Anyway you don't answer me directly now so I'll let you sort out yourself without further comment. Auntie will no doubt give alternative advise.

I have lived in Australia, UK and Thailand and I would be no more concerned about a girl alone in Thailand than I would in either of the other two. In fact, I would potentially be more worried about a girl alone in Sydney than I would in Bangkok.

Very true. Asia is a cinch for solo girl travellers. A huge number go alone or in pairs. Of course they meet up with others on the road. Fun thing to do and a great experience.

You'll be very safe. More so than out late in Perth, generally speaking. Anyway you don't answer me directly now so I'll let you sort out yourself without further comment. Auntie will no doubt give alternative advise.

What are you talking about? Ive replied to several of your posts and i like your advice. My family dont take anything to do with my travels other than to ask what im upto and to stay safe. My aunt wants to go to vietnam i think

What are you talking about? Ive replied to several of your posts and i like your advice. My family dont take anything to do with my travels other than to ask what im upto and to stay safe. My aunt wants to go to vietnam i think

Meant Perth Auntie. Isn't that how you refer to her/them? Anyway probably only worth staying in West Oz if able to save enough, in order to make a difference to your Asian stint. You'll no doubt wonder why it took you so long, when and if you finally get there.