My travel thread

Quokka2005

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go to New Zealand when you are at this side of the world Stacey doesn't have to be for five or six weeks - go for one or two. Best time I experienced was in Rotarua - loved it! Apparently they filmed a BBC series called Walking with Dinosaurs there - I could imagine it. Lots of bubbling mud and geysers - fantastic - think you would love it also - something you will never experience anywhere else

Edited by dxboz

I would go to New Zealand when you are at this side of the world Stacey doesn't have to be for five or six weeks - go for one or two. Best time I experienced was in Rotarua - loved it! Apparently they filmed a BBC series called Walking with Dinosaurs there - I could imagine it. Lots of bubbling mud and geysers - fantastic - think you would love it also - something you will never experience anywhere else

I enjoyed my time at Rotarua very smelly though lol!

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd give a little update. I'm feeling pretty settled in my job now. Made some friends at work and have a few friends thst drink here. One of my good friends left today though so I'm a bit gutted about that but maybe I'll see him another time.

The works fairly easy, there's slightly more stuff to do than my last place. It's definitely more social because there's more people. I think I might even miss it when I leave. I'm currently trying to decide wether to start farm work in June or not. I'm worried that I'll regret not having the opportunity but I'm also wanting to travel to other places in the world too. I'll see how another month here goes

Stacey if you have the chance to do your farm work bit to get another year's WHV, then why not take that opportunity. You don't have to use it if things work out differently for you, but you just never know what is out there, who you will meet, and where life will take you. I did my farm stint in 1967 in Tasmania picking apples..... so glad I did even though it was very hard work.

Thought I'd give a little update. I'm feeling pretty settled in my job now. Made some friends at work and have a few friends thst drink here. One of my good friends left today though so I'm a bit gutted about that but maybe I'll see him another time.

The works fairly easy, there's slightly more stuff to do than my last place. It's definitely more social because there's more people. I think I might even miss it when I leave. I'm currently trying to decide wether to start farm work in June or not. I'm worried that I'll regret not having the opportunity but I'm also wanting to travel to other places in the world too. I'll see how another month here goes

You've plenty of time to see it all :) Its not like its going anywhere ;) (I was gone 8 years travelling and living overseas in my 20's after initially planning to go for a couple) just the opportunity to stay longer or return to Aus in the future should you want to travel and work here again for a while will be gone to you if you decide not to do the second year farm work. What you prioritise now, you may feel differently or change your mind in the future but I always reckon its good to get bases covered.

I've messaged places and nobody ever gets back to me. I tried for cattle station work here but I can't get in without a driving licence. I'm 80% sure I'm not going to do the work but I'll keep an open mind.

The plan at the moment is to work till mid or end June and then do the west coast. So excited!

The girls I'm working with are going traveling in a few months. Would be amazing to go with them but not sure it fits in my plans. They are going south WA then along to Melbourne and Sydney. I guess I could go down south wa if the dates match and then find someone to do north wa with after

• 2 weeks later...
PoP

Aww thank you!! Some people don't find it very interesting but I like sharing my stuff with friends on here who don't have facebook and if I can help any other travellers then I'm happy too

It's a great thread. Love the photos and hearing about places you've been to. Certainly gives me a few ideas xx