My travel thread

Quokka2005

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be disappointed to know that no one is going to stalk you Stacey.

Parley, are you are trying to channel that Trump guy and offend people wherever you go? If so its working like a charm.

:rolleyes:

Guess here I am today.. Facebook friends aren't allowed to say. I've probably forgot I already said on IKNOWCB lol

I thought you said the Great Barrier reef but I could be getting my days mixed up. If so, enjoy :)

It's just hard with this phone, they take ages to upload and then they go upside down!

Today I got to see a reef shark, loads of fish, 3 turtles, loads and loads of lorikeets, massive bats that I found interesting and creepy at the same time, lizards and this weird looking little bird that looked like a miniature fluffy emu or something like that. It was running around the road looking confused, felt sorry for it

So yesterday we went to Lowe island in the GBR. Was a really nice boat and the crew were lovely. The Marine biologist gave us a talk about what we would see and then everyone went snorkelling. I even had a go haha. I didn't go as far as the others but I still got to see a fish and there was a turtle right at the beach when we first arrived. We also got a tour around the island. It was roasting hot while doing that lol just wanted to run into the water. Then later than night we walked into town and that's where all the wildlife stuff was happening - fruit bats on the street, hundreds of lorikeets etc.

today we we went a tour to the daintree rainforest/Cape tribulation. It was nice to see it all, I wasn't impressed with the daintree river bit though. Didn't get to see any crocs lol. I can't remember who said that a cassowary would get me but we did get to see one with a chick and eventually it got pissed off so everyone made a swift exit! :laugh: