HappyHeart

Safe Travels and Good Luck Stacey

Feck me MR you've been her long enough to know that the time of the day has feck all to do with it. Yes the UV is higher, and so is the sun, so if you're wearing a hat, with a wide brim. it won't touch you (except by reflection from concrete or water, which ini itself can be harmful) but most poms get caught early day/late arvo when the sun has waned but is lower in the sky so gets under those silly wide brimmed hats. I've seen folk "go for a walk with the dog" at 4 pm and come back looking like a baboon's arse.

Having turned myself into a "vampire" I never get burnt. The earliest I've been to the beach was ten to six pm at Neilsen Park a month ago. But I do like long sleeve shirts and wide brim hats.

Having turned myself into a "vampire" I never get burnt. The earliest I've been to the beach was ten to six pm at Neilsen Park a month ago. But I do like long sleeve shirts and wide brim hats.

I can picture you with the long sleeve shirt under a safari suit with short sleeves :-)

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

I can picture you with the long sleeve shirt under a safari suit with short sleeves :-)

Are safari suits coming back "in!?" Maybe dress shorts and long socks too?

Glow, not blow.

I always thought it was GO........seems not:

And she said, "Do you come from a land down under?

Where women glow and men plunder?

Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?

You better run, you better take cover"

OMFG. These baked beans are lethal..............

That picture above is at Tamarama beach for all the people walking in the heat

Pretty good giving out free sunscreen.

I rarely wear a hat. Really must get one. And I don't wear a long sleeved shirt either. But I do usually avoid going outside between 12 and 4.

I never wear sunscreen either. Ever.

Actually I have used it once in 15 years and got burnt on that day!! And I never get burnt. I blame that ruddy sunscreen.

I suppose I should. I don't like the chemicals in most sunscreens and not yet found a natural one I like.

I must admit I mainly use diet as protection: "tomatoes and tomato-based products (paste) are a major source of an antioxidant called lycopene, which has been proven to provide long-term protection against UV-radiation-induced effects". http://www.rd.com/health/beauty/healthy-foods-healthy-skin/

Stacey make sure you use it. Your poor pale Scottish skin will burn to a crisp at Bondi.

OMFG. These baked beans are lethal..............

I think it's supposed to rain today isn't it? I doubt we'll be going to the beach but I'll have my sun cream with me, always have it in my bag. I'm wearing long trousers so least I won't have to bother with my legs! I'm enjoying the cooler weather at the moment.

Thats me awake again and I didn't get to sleep till late :(

The Pavilion gets families too so no short shorts. I'm at Bronte, had a walk to Tamarama to look at some of the sculptures and then a swim back here and now sitting for a while, 844 pm but still pleasant.

Mary, we are not really interested what you are doing ....could you leave it to Stacy which we are interested in...cheers.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Nah don't be daft, he can say what he wants! Gives me ideas on where to go as well. I've been awake since 6.30am :( Think I'm going to go for a shower the now or else I'll end up fighting the other two girls for it once they are awake

Speaking of sunburn - I think I might have got some on my face from Singapore. It doesn't hurt at all but my face is just a bit red looking. I did put lotion on tho when I was out although obviously not enough! The

Yesterday I felt like I was on holiday in Europe but this morning I kept looking for spiders beside me in the shower haha!

Speaking of sunburn - I think I might have got some on my face from Singapore. It doesn't hurt at all but my face is just a bit red looking. I did put lotion on tho when I was out although obviously not enough! The

Yesterday I felt like I was on holiday in Europe but this morning I kept looking for spiders beside me in the shower haha!

whats the weather like stacy.... hot?

I think you know fine well that the weather isn't great. 20 is fine for me tho! It's a nice change for a little while from 33 and high humidity

I think you know fine well that the weather isn't great. 20 is fine for me tho! It's a nice change for a little while from 33 and high humidity

How would I know what the weather is like :eek:

Eh.. Because we've been talking about how Sydney's not been having that nice weather? And I'm pretty sure someone said already that It was going to rain today

Eh.. Because we've been talking about how Sydney's not been having that nice weather? And I'm pretty sure someone said already that It was going to rain today

Sorry stacy, Only read the last few posts

We have free water back home but they don't have a tap that you can help yourself to, you have to ask for it. My friend splashed it all over herself and this Aussie guy was laughing :laugh:

A perfect opportunity to start chatting him up, assuming, of course, he could decipher a jetlagged scottish accent.

You could have had a potential partner visa sorted within five hours of landing............

Yes, I wore suncream 52 weeks of the year - it definitely doesn't have to be hot to burn (or even sunny)

If you're worried about the chemicals then there are plenty of natural ones - I used the Cancer Council Classic on everywhere but my face.

Just seen this and thought of you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31892[/ATTACH]

I have always bought sunglasses from the Cancer Council and also their hats.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

A perfect opportunity to start chatting him up, assuming, of course, he could decipher a jetlagged scottish accent.

You could have had a potential partner visa sorted within five hours of landing............

he was a bit older lol and he wasn't laughing at me, he was laughing at Emma. I said he'll be calling you a stupid Pom and she didn't know what that was! Some of the guys here though.. Phwoarr :laugh: I keep getting distracted haha.

If these girls don't wake up soon I'm going out myself!!

he was a bit older lol and he wasn't laughing at me, he was laughing at Emma. I said he'll be calling you a stupid Pom and she didn't know what that was! Some of the guys here though.. Phwoarr :laugh: I keep getting distracted haha.

If these girls don't wake up soon I'm going out myself!!

so?,

to both.

ETA - Isnt my friend dopy, i need to look after her in adult situations. So, do you came here often? Whats your job? Whats your promotion prospects? Etc

Edited by dmjg

I don't even know how to chat someone up. And I'm especially less likely to do it when I've just walked off a plane and I look a complete state. I never look very good abroad, there's always something going on like heat rash, sunburn, mad curly hair etc

Who is this new person ?

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

I don't even know how to chat someone up. And I'm especially less likely to do it when I've just walked off a plane and I look a complete state. I never look very good abroad, there's always something going on like heat rash, sunburn, mad curly hair etc

Sunburn is avoidable, don't know about heat rash and just pull your hair back in a ponytail. Much cooler :wink:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

And there is your next line,

'well, youre seeing me at my worst and still want to chat.........'

it can only get better from here,

'and how many kids are you interested in having???'

Who is this new person ?

Some random incarnation of a rodent.......

Sunburn is avoidable, don't know about heat rash and just pull your hair back in a ponytail. Much cooler :wink:

My hairs always up but it still looks a riot. It's the fringe, goes all curly. I haven't actually had heat rash yet - I was expecting it in Singapore. Soooo glad though because I forgot to get antihistamines which usually help it. My face is looking a bit red like I've been drinking lol