You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

HappyHeart

Safe Travels and Good Luck Stacey

Bet you could eat an Indian ? Are there any staying in your quarters ...?.....:wink:

yes there's one in the other bed but he's the one that's snoring! I really want a Chinese lol. I didn't have anything on the second plane and didn't eat much on the first. Then I didn't eat much of my dinner tonight so no wonder I'm so hungry

Isn't there a convenience store around?

nah this is in a quiet residential street. If I went back out looking for stuff I'd just get lost again and it's almost 2am

Glad to hear you're trip as begun and arrived in Singapore safely

Enjoy it

Australia soon

OMG

Excited for ya

....I Actually Live In Australia....And I'm Enjoying Life On The Gold Coast....It Is Possible You Know....

If they are still around the Deli France cafes do a good breakfast, youmight have to go to the central area though.

Enjoy today.

Yeah it's a mixed room, I think I'll be asking for female one next time I use a hostel. It's 2 older men and one younger guy has just came in but I dunno where he's from. There's a local lady here too that's nice.

I Think I totally got ripped off by the taxi drivers tonight but then again there's so many charges added on apparently that maybe it was right. He was really nice though although he told me I had a baby face!!! He said that people use my hostel for affairs lol I was like err are you sure?! I think I just totally overreacted at being lost but it was late and I was the only female alone there that wasn't local. It's 99.9% groups of Asian men and I didn't feel that safe standing around at that point

Some of the roads are toll roads/congestion charges Stacey at certain times of the day. Ask reception for a card with the address on so that you can show it people next time.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

. Ask reception for a card with the address on so that you can show it people next time.

Yes, that's a good practice to get into no matter where you stay, Stacey. Even if you think you will remember, it saves confusion if there are hostels/hotels with similar sounding names. And it avoids any confusion caused by accents too. :wink:

Yes, that's a good practice to get into no matter where you stay, Stacey. Even if you think you will remember, it saves confusion if there are hostels/hotels with similar sounding names. And it avoids any confusion caused by accents too. :wink:

I remember in Thailand our hotel already had pre-printed cards which said in English and Thai .... I am lost, please direct me to .. and the hotel name. Never had to use it but I was glad I had it.

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

I remember in Thailand our hotel already had pre-printed cards which said in English and Thai .... I am lost, please direct me to .. and the hotel name. Never had to use it but I was glad I had it.

:laugh: Bangkok was the one place a printed address didn't work for us. The tuk tuk driver couldn't read - English or Thai. We did eventually find it ourselves, though.

If they are still around the Deli France cafes do a good breakfast, youmight have to go to the central area though.

Enjoy today.

I went to them in HK.

God why didn't I think of that! If I go out tonight I'll call it mount Sophia because the taxi driver says that's what most people call it around here. I said to him "how much do I owe you" and He started laughing and said "no i owe you because you are feeding me". I bet I was!!!! But I was just so glad to get home and he was really the only one that would help me. If I come back I'll get a hostel somewhere more central

Haha not really! The taxi driver was asking last night if I have a friend here and I said no. I think he tried to say I like a challenge lol. Someone with guts wouldn't have a meltdown on the street like I did last night :laugh:

a guy I met in London messaged me last night saying his American friend is in Singapore alone too so I think I'm going to meet her tonight. Maybe get some dinner or something

I don't think I'll be coming back anytime soon because I don't want to face another long journey

Just take a Valium or similar when you get on the plane.

I took a sleeping tablet upon boarding at Singapore.

Next thing I know we are circling to land in London.

Best flight of my life!

OMFG. These baked beans are lethal..............

He said that people use my hostel for affairs

My god - what sort of place have you booked yourself there!!??

Sounds a bit like the hotel (brothel) where I accidentally stayed in Kuala Lumpur. The other guests were up to all sorts of shenanigans with each other. Me and my female traveling companion had to barricade our door to stop them getting in that night......oh the fun of backpacking!

OMFG. These baked beans are lethal..............

Any number of cheap Chinese operated hotels were rented by the hour, especially in Malaysia. I've stayed in ones in KL as well, going back some time, but never had a problem in any such establishments. I do recall one very active young lady who entertained numerous clients over the course of a day/evening. The walls being paper thin, one couldn't hope but over hear everything.

Anyway I wonder where the back packing area of Singapore is these days? Last time I was in that scene it was the infamous Bencoolen Street. A rather non descript area of high rises, where businesses rented out various floors to be used as dorms or single rooms so narrow it was hard to breathe.

Not being a major back packing centre I suspect it is scattered. It would have been better to pay a little more and stay more central. I have the address of a newish place with good reports. I should have dug it out before but thought the matter was in hand.

Anyway Singapore is a breeze to travel in. Enjoy the day and tonight Stacy with your first venture out in the' Far East'. Conrad most certainly would not recognise the old town.

Haha no the hostel isn't dodgy! Well from what I can see anyway. I just noticed the new guy in my room has an Australian flag on his suitcase. I'll try chatting to him later

Haha no the hostel isn't dodgy! Well from what I can see anyway. I just noticed the new guy in my room has an Australian flag on his suitcase. I'll try chatting him up later

Floozy!!

Oi how did you change that! Witch! I won't be chatting anybody up. His little bed area is so tidy and mines looks like a bombs went off haha. My mum was right about me being messy!

Im off to meet an American girl for some food. We have a mutual Facebook friend so he put us in touch since we're both here alone

Oi how did you change that! Witch! I won't be chatting anybody up. His little hot ass is so bang tidy and mines looks like a bombs went off haha. My mum was right about me being messy!

Im off to meet an American girl for some food. We have a mutual Facebook friend so he put us in touch since we're both here alone

Stacey!!!!

He's not very friendly, I said hello when I walked in and I never got a hello back from him. The American girl was lovely. Dinner was not though!! I've had such bad luck with my food since I've been here.

i suppose I should start a proper travel thread

What I can do is pick up your posts from where you landed in Singapore and move them to a new travel thread for you, that way people can follow your adventures from the beginning?

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

He's not very friendly, I said hello when I walked in and I never got a hello back from him. The American girl was lovely. Dinner was not though!! I've had such bad luck with my food since I've been here.

i suppose I should start a proper travel thread

The first meal we had was in the hotel, the OH ended up with a plate full of cold boiled chicken, fat, bones and all, sitting on a pile of cold rice pasta. Two ingredients. Three if you count the water.....

The food off the street is much nicer, you can see what youre getting up front.

The first meal we had was in the hotel, the OH ended up with a plate full of cold boiled chicken, fat, bones and all, sitting on a pile of cold rice pasta. Two ingredients. Three if you count the water.....

Isn't that why it's called, Chewing the Fat?

We all live wherever we feel the most smug, I mean, snug.

thats basically what happened to me. First night I had a Indian which was ok. Yesterday I went to maxwells hawker court but it was soooo busy and I couldn't get a seat at all so I had to leave. I ended up at China town and went into a place that looked ok.. I ended up with this plate of chicken that was cold and I noticed blood on a few bits. So I didn't eat that. I ended up with a place of rice. Then me and the American girl went to a hawker place for dinner that her hostel told her about. Most of it was closed so we went with the place that looked half decent. Omg I wouldn't have served rascal this stuff. The chicken was just bits of crap, like bits of fat and really horrible bits. So I ended up with rice and the sauce again. I went to McDonald's yesterday after that blood chicken, just for chips but I didn't eat much of those either. I'm hoping I can find something a bit better today. Would like some chicken satay