You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

jonsgot

car seats and travelling from syd airport to accommodation.

Hi - I'm new to this site and have question that has been bugging me and hope someone can help...

If a friend has offered to pick you up from sydney airport and you have 2 kids and no car seats, what do you do? I'm assuming it is law for kids to travel in the apprpriate car seat in Sydney but if my friend doesn't have them, can you make just one journey without them or are there taxi firms that carry car seats that I could book at the airport? Do airlines help with this sort of thing?

Thanks

Sally Seadon

Guest Ms_Fi

I wouldn't drive in Sydney without carseats - is there anyway your friend could borrow suitable car seats? If not then I'd be looking into getting my friend to buy some and then paying them back once I arrived.

I wouldn't drive in Sydney without carseats - is there anyway your friend could borrow suitable car seats? If not then I'd be looking into getting my friend to buy some and then paying them back once I arrived.

Don't worry I wasn't even considering it. I've check with the airline you can take car seats in the hold.

Guest Ms_Fi

Quite a few of my friends have taken carseats abroad and weren't happy with the way they were handled by the aircrew. My sister has a cheap spare that she takes abroad with her rather than her top of the range one that normally stays in her car.

Not sure if you're going over on holiday or emigrating but if you're planning on coming back I'd suggest you don't take an expensive carseat just incase it gets trashed.

We're emigrating to Sydney in September this year. I've also emailed a transfer taxi firm to see if they offer the use of car seats as part of their service. Well, its worth a shot.

Car seats here should carry the australian kite mark ,in the unfortunate event of an accident ,insurers can be funny if the seats dont.I would ask your freind to pick you a couple up from Target,Big -w ,etc ,they arent that expensive and you know they wont have been banged or thrown about,good luck

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...