186 Nomination - How Long?

Bhatia425

Most applicants find that if they lodge the application before the nomination is approved, then once the nomination is finalised the same CO is likely to immediately move on to processing their application. If you wait until after the nomination is approved, applicants typically go to the back of the queue and it may take another 4-5 months for the application to be approved. However you have the reassurance that the nomination is already approved and won't cause an issue with your application.

Hi,

Our agency is finding 4 - 5 months as the average.

As noted, you can lodge your visa now and link to the pending nomination. However, if the nomination is refused, so is the visa - and you will lose your visa application fee.

Did you lodge through Direct Entry or Temporary Resident Transition? When does your current visa expire?

Joy

• 3 months later...

Hi guys.. I am Anil here and want to ask you guys one question. Please reply me if somebody got idea. I am already applied 186 nomination and visa. Nomination applied 8 oct 2015 and visa applied 23 nov 2015. Still I am waiting for visa and nomination, if anyone got idea please let me know how long they will take more, it's going 4th month from 8th oct to till now... Please reply me. Thanks

• 1 year later...
Hi everyone, 186 lodged June 2016 ( Hairdresser) still no news .. does anyone who lodged 186 visa in June2016 got any answer? my agent has informed me that some of the applicants who apply in July2016 got their visa approved already . I'm not sure why I left behind .

This thread was started in 2015 and has not been active for a year!

Search the forum as there is a specific thread for 186 timelines.