Anyone got a skilled independent 136 visa?

Guest woodlara

Guest woodlara

Hi just wondering if anyone has applied or got a 136 skilled independent visa?

If so how long did it take, ours seems to be taking forever, sent off end of August last year 2007 still not really heard anything just an acknowledgement of a recipt.

Just found out my husband and I have got jobs! in Brisbane

Reading some of these posts makes you really think if your doing the right thing a lot of negativity

Lara:wacko:

Guest psmdwaiting

Hi We have applied on a 136 skilled independent visa & sent it off Aug 07 - We have just been asked to get our medicals & police checks done!

Well done on getting the job offers, what do you both do?

I have also been reading alot of the negative comments on here, don't let it put you off. There are obviously more positive ones that haven't been mentioned because they are out there & making the most of it! Too busy living the dream than whinging about things! :)

Guest fatpom
because they are out there & making the most of it! :)

That's correct :smile: Whilst many of the negative posts have some basis many (if not most) migrants are living a pretty normal reasonably happy life - niether a dream nor a nightmare.

So called negative posts simply provide balance to the so called positive posts.

Those who find it doesn't gel for them usually return back home non the worse for their experience and probably the better for it. :smile:

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else and there's loads of other people just the same.

Hi our visa went through smoothly,i think if you have things against other people eg younger,a job which is in more demand they bump you up the ladder and try and get you there quicker take the negative posts onboard but dont let them put you of see it for yourself we have just come back from australia and the places we thought we would like are not the same now we have seen them.

Guest woodlara

Hi we went ahead and got our medicals and police checks done off our own back! hopefully they've received them, everything seems to have got slowed down due to the change last september when things went electronic, we seemed to have got pushed down the ladder a little

and the waiting time seems to have got extended its seems it was taking 8 months last year..

I'm an occupational therapist and my husband is a speech and language therapist.

Had interviews early in the morning, not a good time for me...

Where are you heading? We're going to be west of Brisbane, so not as close to the beach as we'd hoped, not that I think we could have afforded it anyway

Thanks for the reply

Lara

Guest woodlara

Hi all, thanks for all the votes of confidence, very nerve racking for us, never been to Aus but always wanted to, big step, bringing our two girls (9 and 11). So all these comments re: flys in your mouth, dreadful drivers, high suicide rate, does this all exist, I have wondered re, flies etc (I sound really nieve)

Lara:idea::wacko:

Guest rachelj

we came on a 136 visa i think it took about 9 months to get visas and about 9 to sell house that was a pain as we had visas but had to stay till house sold.

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Lara, we logged our 136 application at the end of August, and got our visa on the 1st May, so hang on in there, it won't be much longer.

Have a look at a thread called "Can we have a new list of August people" I think there still about twenty people on that waiting, so your not alone.

Good luck

KP Nuts

Hi we lodged at the end of Aug and got our visa last week. If we'd done our meds in advance of being requested it would probably have come sooner and we wouldn't have had to ask for an extension when they were requested, as it took about 2 months to book and get our medical results. I guess it depends on how soon you want to get there. We've only got 9 months left to activate our visa now.

Guest BrerRabbit

Hi just wondering if anyone has applied or got a 136 skilled independent visa?

If so how long did it take, ours seems to be taking forever, sent off end of August last year 2007 still not really heard anything just an acknowledgement of a recipt.

Just found out my husband and I have got jobs! in Brisbane

Reading some of these posts makes you really think if your doing the right thing a lot of negativity

Lara:wacko:

Hi Lara - we came on a 136 visa. it took about 11 months for it to be granted and we flew out the next month, we coudln't wait! It's been well worth it, we came in march 2006, had one serious bout of homesickness after 6 months but since then, it's been fine. I know our lives here are much better than we had in the UK, and we've just bought our house which we're delighted with! Good you've got jobs in Brizzie, I'e just resigned from a job in Brisbane because I was commuting from the Gold Coast on the trian and it was just too far, bt start my new job on 10 June in Surfers Paradise!

Good luck to you, hang in there for your visas, let us know how you get on.

Zoe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brissy_pom

Hi Lara, we came on a 136 visa back in 2005 and it took about 10 months to get through. As others have said it was a stressful time, feel like you are putting your life on hold until its granted. However hang in there, definetly worth the wait. Its a fantastic lifestyle over here, I'd ignore the negative comments, especially things like flies in your mouth (what a lot of rubbish!). I think the only downside is distance to not only UK to visit family etc but also other countries. That said lots of new places to explore on this side of the world. I could never imagine going to back to the UK to live now.

Guest creakybones

Hi Lara

I applied for the 136 last August and didn't get a CO till May, but things have moved quickly since then. Just waiting for meds to finalise now. I'm sure I read on the immi website that all Aug applications were now assigned to Co's so it might be worth getting in touch with your agent or Australia house to check on your status.

Guest mag888

hi we applied for 136 visa on 24th aug 07

we got the visa 2 weeks ago so hang on there I'm sure it won't be long

we fly out on 28th sep yippeeeeeeeeeee! at last

Guest leeob77

we are same. 136 visa sent august last year. everything done. just waiting for now.

our agent reckons we should hear something by the middle of july.

lot of people reckon that allocation has been used up and there will be a load of visas issued in the first part of july.

dont know how true this is but seems to fit in with the agents timescale.

just hope the house doesnt take as long to sell!!!!

Archived