EOI Invitation date predictions (FOR 189 VISA ONLY)

CaptainC

@CaptainC the invitation round information from the first draw in October is now on Skillselect website. It shows that it was pretty much all 65+ pointers invited as was obvious really. They haven't put information up from the latest draw yet, seems to be moving about 15 days per round. Hopefully in November the draws will clear all the backlog, cant see many 65+ lodging an eoi between now and then, can you?

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@CaptainC the invitation round information from the first draw in October is now on Skillselect website. It shows that it was pretty much all 65+ pointers invited as was obvious really. They haven't put information up from the latest draw yet, seems to be moving about 15 days per round. Hopefully in November the draws will clear all the backlog, cant see many 65+ lodging an eoi between now and then, can you?

Hi Rob, thanks, I saw that and made a post about it earlier.

Luckily the majority of EOI's that are submitted are 60 points so the backlog should clear fairly quickly.

Hi CaptainC.

I don't know if you missed my earlier post below (I wouldn't be surprised as you apparently now have a second job on here!), but what do you think?

Dependant on how it is assessed will obviously make a great difference on any Invitation date.

Hi CaptainC.

I've got a process question for you: What is my actual EOI date?

I first set up my EOI on 30/8 with only 55 points after not quite getting Superior on IELTS (a bummer, I can tell you. I was 0.5 away!). I then switched after some research and sat the Pearson PTE test and got the Superior rating, which pushed me up to 60 points. I updated the EOI as a result on 08/09. However I had also previously included a 190 expression for WA and then realised that it was Schedule 2. I am not sure of the ins and outs of the state sponsored route, but was worried that as a Schedule 2 I might get invited without a contract in place which would negate that invitation (and you only get the possibility of 2!); so I removed the 190 expression on 22/09.

I'm hoping 08/09 is regarded as the effective date as it's earlier, and think it should be based upon an earlier post by you which mentioned that it is only when amendments to EOIs are made which change points that it will make a difference to the effective date.

What do you think?

p.s. If you can follow that, well done!

Edited by confidemus

Hi CaptainC.

I don't know if you missed my earlier post below (I wouldn't be surprised as you apparently now have a second job on here!), but what do you think?

Dependant on how it is assessed will obviously make a great difference on any Invitation date.

I just about followed it! ;-)

08/09 is your date of effect.

Thanks very much for the reply. That's what I thought. However when I look at the "Date of Effect" on my EOI landing page it says 08/09, but the PDF of the actual EOI when downloaded from Skillselect says 22/09!

Hopefully we're both right! :)

Do you mean that your EOI was 190 and now it's 189?

What if within my current eoi i change my education from aqfIII to other qualification as assessed by assesing authority, would my date of effect change even though my points would stay the same. Otherwise I will leave it how it is and inform my case officer that I chose the wrong option

Clerical errors don't usually affect the EOI, so I don't think it will alter, but I can't be absolutely sure.

My advice...leave it, unless it's likely to be construed as misleading to the processing officers.

Clerical errors don't usually affect the EOI, so I don't think it will alter, but I can't be absolutely sure.

My advice...leave it, unless it's likely to be construed as misleading to the processing officers.

Thanks, that was my gut instinct. It is not as if I am claiming extra points and I do have the AQF III, plus need to be invited before january so dont want to affect my eoi

Attention Software & Application Programmers (2613--)

I have worked and prepared a sheet for EOI backlog clearance history for Software & Application Programmers (2613) . Where I have calculated in how many days, how much backlog cleared for 60 and 65 pointers and when occupation ceiling occurred and when there was no backlog for all invitation rounds. This is for fellows who are waiting for Invitation so that they can see the trend and predict for their chances.

If anyone can suggest to improve this sheet. You can post your comment on the sheet or on relevant cell.

Please press Like & thanks if my work helped you :)

Software & Application Programmers (2613) EOI Backlog Clearance History

Attention Software & Application Programmers (2613--)

I have worked and prepared a sheet for EOI backlog clearance history for Software & Application Programmers (2613) . Where I have calculated in how many days, how much backlog cleared for 60 and 65 pointers and when occupation ceiling occurred and when there was no backlog for all invitation rounds. This is for fellows who are waiting for Invitation so that they can see the trend and predict for their chances.

If anyone can suggest to improve this sheet. You can post your comment on the sheet or on relevant cell.

Please press Like & thanks if my work helped you :)

Software & Application Programmers (2613) EOI Backlog Clearance History

Great sheet and thanks for sharing.

Presumably the data for the 23rd October os based on other applicant's experience.

Thanks very much for the reply. That's what I thought. However when I look at the "Date of Effect" on my EOI landing page it says 08/09, but the PDF of the actual EOI when downloaded from Skillselect says 22/09!

Hopefully we're both right! :)

I had the same issue! Do not worry about that at all, your EOI date of effect is 08/09 for sure. In fact, DOE on your landing page is the correct one. I had exact issue 2 weeks ago and after I got invitation, I found that the generated PDF shows incorrect DOE.

1. 261313

2. Software Engineer

3. 60

4. 13/01/16 (next January)

Currently running at around 4 months wait time. However the minimum points are standing at 65 at this time.

There is insufficient data to say whether this is likely to come back to 60 before the new financial year, and even if it does there will be a large backlog of 60 point applicants ahead of you.

Currently running at around 4 months wait time. However the minimum points are standing at 65 at this time.

There is insufficient data to say whether this is likely to come back to 60 before the new financial year, and even if it does there will be a large backlog of 60 point applicants ahead of you.

I think with the current pace, it takes at least 4-6 months to get invitation for a recent 261313 - 60 pointer; even longer...

so you cannot give predictions right now okay. I seriously can wait for more than a year (even until 2016 August I don't care).

Edited by Pfleger

so you cannot give predictions right now okay. I seriously can wait for more than a year (even until 2016 August I don't care).

ANZSCO Codes 2211xx, 2611xx, and 2613xx are so unpredictable that it's very difficult to say with any degree of certainty. If you were applying under any other occupation other than those above, I could make a fairly accurate prediction.

Currently the minimum points for 2613xx is 65 so on that basis you wouldn't receive an invitation until (if) the minimum points reduce back to 60.

Can you boost your points up to 65 or even 70? Doing that will almost certainly guarantee you an invitation.

All that said, I very much doubt that you'll be waiting more than a year.

Edited by CaptainC

ANZSCO Codes 2211xx, 2611xx, and 2613xx are so unpredictable that it's very difficult to say with any degree of certainty. If you were applying under any other occupation other than those above, I could make a fairly accurate prediction.

Currently the minimum points for 2613xx is 65 so on that basis you wouldn't receive an invitation until (if) the minimum points reduce back to 60.

Can you boost your points up to 65 or even 70? Doing that will almost certainly guarantee you an invitation.

All that said, I very much doubt that you'll be waiting more than a year.

Thanks. I am currently studying at Germany so I don't have to be in a hurry really. If it does not take me for more than a year (even 7 months is fine for me :)) I can boost my score to max 70 within a year.