EOI Invitation date predictions (FOR 189 VISA ONLY)

CaptainC

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, ladies and gents the invitation round for 189/489 is underway and some applicants have already received their invitations.

The process is automatic and usually takes around an hour or so for all of the emails to be sent out, (skillselect accounts are usually updated a little faster)

If you haven't received an invitation (either by email or via skillselect) in the next 3-4 hours then you can be sure that you haven't been invited this time.

There's something not quite right with the invitations based on the information coming into the forum.

I saw on the forum that someone got invited with 60 points and a submission date of 14th September.

All applicants with 60 points (other than those pro rata applicants) that applied before 14th September should have been invited.

Unless:

1. people have made amendments that would affect points.

2. A milestone that would affect points was reached between the submission date and the invitation round. (such as the applicant having a birthday that moved them into a new age bracket)

3. They submitted EOI for any other visa type than 189

4. The poster that said he was invited got the date wrong, wasn't actually invited, or had more than 60 points.

Hi CaptainC,

1. ANZSCO code -254499

2. Occupation - registered nurse

3. Points score - 60 points

4. Date of submission of the EOI - 08/10/2015

I hope i can get invited before mid January next year otherwise my IELTS will expire :(

Thanks CaptainC!

I would have thought that you may have an invite by next round, or the second round in November at the latest.

Hi CaptainC,

I submitted my EOI for Electronics Engineer on 7th September. I was expecting to receive my invitation today. Can you please suggest when i can expect. Please find the information below:

1. ANZSCO code: 233411

2. Occupation: Electronics Engineer

3. Points score: 60

4. Date of submission of the EOI*: 07/09/2015

Thanks,

Vharoon

Hi CaptainC,

I submitted my EOI for Electronics Engineer on 7th September. I was expecting to receive my invitation today. Can you please suggest when i can expect. Please find the information below:

1. ANZSCO code: 233411

2. Occupation: Electronics Engineer

3. Points score: 60

4. Date of submission of the EOI*: 07/09/2015

Thanks,

Vharoon

There are several anomalies in the last invitation round at the moment that I am trying to figure out.

Somebody has claimed that they have received an invitation today with 60 points and submitted on the 14th September which would mean that you would have definitely received your invitation today.

It seems that you aren't the only one who submitted earlier than this date that didn't receive an invitation today.

Please bear with me and I'll try to figure it out. I'll post on this thread if I manage to get some answers for you.

Just received this back from the member who said he was invited when submitted on 14 September. So the latest date I've seen up to now is mid August.

I just notice that I have made mistake with my announcement. I have submitted my EOI on 14 AUGUST not september.

I really apologize for any confusion it caused.

Thanks CaptainC for bringing this up.

I only had 55 points up until two weeks ago, done the IELTS and somehow managed to get all 9's.. I feel the pain of not having enough points so I'm not taking it for granted :smile:

Excellent work Davesh1, well done!

Edited by CaptainC

Hi CaptainC.

I've got a process question for you: What is my actual EOI date?

I first set up my EOI on 30/8 with only 55 points after not quite getting Superior on IELTS (a bummer, I can tell you. I was 0.5 away!). I then switched after some research and sat the Pearson PTE test and got the Superior rating, which pushed me up to 60 points. I updated the EOI as a result on 08/09. However I had also previously included a 190 expression for WA and then realised that it was Schedule 2. I am not sure of the ins and outs of the state sponsored route, but was worried that as a Schedule 2 I might get invited without a contract in place which would negate that invitation (and you only get the possibility of 2!); so I removed the 190 expression on 22/09.

I'm hoping 08/09 as it's earlier, and think it should be based upon an earlier post by you which mentioned that it is only when amendments to EOIs are made which change points that it will make a difference to the effective date.

What do you think?

p.s. If you can follow that, well done!