register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Guest66881

Anyone felt the downturn yet?

Happy days Paul - not long to go now :smile:

Yep getting there now, been an Experiance but the time has come to finally go home

paul :jiggy:

yes construction is bad at the moment, might have to return to blighty..

Voted worst newcomer. 2010, cheers x. Visa Application 3/2 /12. Granted 20/5/2012. Builder Now in Perth

Guest Guest66881

Can't you try another industry or profession mate?

Can't you try another industry or profession mate?

Trying anything. i just got my builders diploma and nothings cooking, tried a couple o0f agencies advertizing for mining but dont reallyfancy it. just worried that the last bit of savings will vanish and then we reallyare uop the creek without a paddle. i dont give up easy so will keep trying. Definately tougher tho

Voted worst newcomer. 2010, cheers x. Visa Application 3/2 /12. Granted 20/5/2012. Builder Now in Perth

The Sunshine Coast,Is facing a Huge Down Turn. Has the Highest Unemployment,and the Highest Criminal activity in Queensland.And the State Government And Councils continue to increase their ridiculous charges.Rates up Charges Up Even New costly Regulations for pool owners.Went for a few bits in Woolworths this morning Bananas up to $4.89.A bunch of 3 small beetroot $6.50.Parsley $12.00 kg.House Prices Down and Thousands up for sale,Thousands have Rented them out as they are on the market for so long.Making Places have more Dole Bludger renters, than owner occupants.NOT GOOD.

yes construction is bad at the moment, might have to return to blighty..

I can't comment on Perth however construction is busier than ever on the east coast.

Trying anything. i just got my builders diploma and nothings cooking, tried a couple o0f agencies advertizing for mining but dont reallyfancy it. just worried that the last bit of savings will vanish and then we reallyare uop the creek without a paddle. i dont give up easy so will keep trying. Definately tougher tho

What's your trade or are you in management

I can't comment on Perth however construction is busier than ever on the east coast.

WA has led the Australian economy over recent years. There are early signs that the housing market is beginning to falter on the East Coast as well. Check out decline in action sales in Sydney.

WA has led the Australian economy over recent years. There are early signs that the housing market is beginning to falter on the East Coast as well. Check out decline in action sales in Sydney.

I wasn't even thinking about Sydney Flag as it has marched to its own drum for decades and Sydney is just one city on the east coast. I agree WA has largely led the economy in the last few years but we both know that isn't the norm and not everywhere was/is reliant on the mining boom.

In relation to softening auction results - this doesn't necessarily equate to a decline in sales. We sold our Sydney property just recently. It was passed in at Auction but sold the next day for well in excess of our reserve.

Funny how others think the east coast is doing poorly

We don't see that at all living here

No signs of a down turn yet

Houses going on the market and selling very quickly when priced right

....I Actually Live In Australia....And I'm Enjoying Life On The Gold Coast....It Is Possible You Know....

I was talking to a guy near me recently and he said it took him 5 years of traffic control before someone gave him a continuing construction role but he said it was worth it as he now has good money and job security. Massive amount of building Gold Coast right now and the Parkwood Commonwealth games site is getting going.

I asked my site manager for my house how people are contracted and he said it was all done through an online hub with the building company. He said registration had a huge amount of red tape attached but that they were always needing skilled contractors.

Visa: 475 regional GRANT 22/6/12, touchdown 4/11/12 . Applied 189 PR visa 13/11/14 Grant 20/1/15

I wasn't even thinking about Sydney Flag as it has marched to its own drum for decades and Sydney is just one city on the east coast. I agree WA has largely led the economy in the last few years but we both know that isn't the norm and not everywhere was/is reliant on the mining boom.

In relation to softening auction results - this doesn't necessarily equate to a decline in sales. We sold our Sydney property just recently. It was passed in at Auction but sold the next day for well in excess of our reserve.

I agree but the downturn in the resource sector will surely be felt everywhere. Less than a year ago on this very forum there were those still crowing about the WA economy and housing. They have gone quieter over recent months.

I believe there has been a decline in the overseas market in Sydney. Even overseas buyers surely have a limit as to what is realistic value? Anyway this has fed the QLD market somewhat for the time being.

I still maintain a correction will follow and WA will not be the sole state of declining fortune. Those that pocket the loot made on excessive gains may well count their good fortune over the coming years.

I was talking to a guy near me recently and he said it took him 5 years of traffic control before someone gave him a continuing construction role but he said it was worth it as he now has good money and job security. Massive amount of building Gold Coast right now and the Parkwood Commonwealth games site is getting going.

I asked my site manager for my house how people are contracted and he said it was all done through an online hub with the building company. He said registration had a huge amount of red tape attached but that they were always needing skilled contractors.

The Commonwealth Games being a major factor in this. Any thoughts how the economy will fare post Games?

I have to say it seems really busy in SE Queensland. A major project for building 4,000 more homes at Redlands Bay plus all the supporting infrastructure has just been given the green light for example. If you try to engage anyone for any job they are all booked out for weeks. Just my impression......

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Even little old Devonport is having a lot of new houses built and the whole of the town centre near the river is being totally revamped next year.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

Just driving from Newcastle to hunter vally the construction of new houses is on a scale I have not seen even during the booming years in the uk late 80's and then around 2004/ 05 , Not sure where these people work but the houses are getting built so they must be getting a mortgage and have their deposit to go forward with it,

you go down to Sydney and the skyline of tower cranes tells its own story.

I have to say it seems really busy in SE Queensland. A major project for building 4,000 more homes at Redlands Bay plus all the supporting infrastructure has just been given the green light for example. If you try to engage anyone for any job they are all booked out for weeks. Just my impression......

We have to be a little careful in the Redlands, the spin the mayor puts on things does not stand up to scrutiny! 4000 houses equates to lets say 6000 adults looking for work.........where? not in the Redlands that's for sure! The road infrastructure is not coming in to manage all this development only for just some improvements on a few junctions. Also the house blocks and houses are getting smaller, and now, so I have heard, the police are starting to call this Redland city of ours "Logan by the Sea". Yep we need development but we need more controlled, sequenced and better planning.

Enjoying life in Queensland

We have to be a little careful in the Redlands, the spin the mayor puts on things does not stand up to scrutiny! 4000 houses equates to lets say 6000 adults looking for work.........where? not in the Redlands that's for sure! The road infrastructure is not coming in to manage all this development only for just some improvements on a few junctions. Also the house blocks and houses are getting smaller, and now, so I have heard, the police are starting to call this Redland city of ours "Logan by the Sea". Yep we need development but we need more controlled, sequenced and better planning.

I was not promoting this as good news necessarily. My first thought was where are the people and the long term jobs coming from and if too many join the commute to Brisbane the roads will get even busier. I am staggered at the amount of housebuilding in the area with so much land apparently being made available for housing development and constant sub-dividing of plots with existing homes on them.

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

The new 2015 Redlands plan needs only contain two elements..............1, a map of the Redlands.......2, a box of pins!

Enjoying life in Queensland

I guess the only thing to consider is whether the houses are being built by individuals or companies. Individuals is fine. Companies is Spain.

The only solution to support excess builds is rump up the population by increasing intake. Construction being the replacement for the mining downturn, it is hardly surprising it has become the way it has. Hence the Ponzi scheme of it all. All seems little thought but tears ahead for many.

I guess the only thing to consider is whether the houses are being built by individuals or companies. Individuals is fine. Companies is Spain.

Lots of spin. Just how much can be spun until people awake?