Opinions on Upper Coomera

VikkiT

Hi everyone,

I have been in Australia for 7.5 years. We have just made the decision to move to the Gold Coast.

Please could i get opinions from those that have lived or know someone who has lived in the Upper Coomera area? I've read many bad and many good. We are currently in Sydney. I do realise I need to go up and have a drive around and get a feel for it myself, but thought if I could narrow areas down, it'd make the trip a lot easier :)

thanks for your help!

Vikki x

Upper Coomera is growing pretty fast for sure

Not the best area for great internet access unless your lucky with the NBN

So many great suburbs in the northern Gold Coast to mention them all

We're in Helensvale which we love

Pac Pines, Oxenford, Coomera

In all areas you have great, good and bad parts

Plus what I like might not be the same for you

Any more questions just ask away

Howard

This is a subjective reply :)

Stayed there when we first arrived. We had a holiday let for a few weeks to settle in. Personally I was keen not to settle there. I did (once left) see some of the nicer parts but that wasn't where our let was.

2 observations:

traffic regularly chokes up around the area - although I think they may have just confirmed a major road project to change that - could be a factor in itself

its often on gold coast cops during the car chases . . . .

Please take the reply as one mans perspective. I have a friend at Helensvale who says that's really really nice but is generally positive about parts of Coomera as well.

I have friends at UC ,they lived there for a few years ,moved back to the UK for a few years and returned this year renting just a few doors down from their old house in UC, they like it and love its proximity to everything.

On the flip side i like it to visit but it isnt a suburb id personally chose to live in.

Each to their own though and it suits a hell of a lot because its a popular area and trust me there are much worse places out there.

Cal x

I've heard of several people who live there, who really like it, however I have a friend who has a property there and has had a mouth full of abuse, on more than one occasion from other residents and wouldn't return.

Its difficult to tell as everyone is different and it just takes one unpleasant neighbour anywhere to ruin a road. Maybe rent before you buy. The area visually appears very nice.

We currently live in Upper Coomera and have done for 3 years.

We hope to move to Helensvale in the next 12 to 18mths

Some parts of Upper Coomera are ok others not so good. I tend to find that the areas off Billinghurst and around the Shopping Precinct there have a bad reputation. Lots of break ins etc.

We live off Roe Street nearish the Coles. It is handing having a good Drs surgery, shopping, pools etc all in the one place however as previously mentioned traffic can be horrendous! We have to drop our son off at daycare a few hours earlier than we would like due to getting stuck in all the school traffic in the area. There are lots of private Schools here. Both main roads in and out tend to totally jam at peak hours and we have to plan around that.

We are fortunate in that we have good neighbours around us but have had some shockers as well. People are people wherever you go so you will always risk bad neighbours, barking dogs etc. I have had on a few occasions had to call the police due to various criminal activity and once foiled a group of lads doing break ins in the street (thank you pol air for helping out!).

There is lots of development up and coming in the area around the Train Station etc. Lots of new houses. Some so close together you can put your arm out the window and touch your neighbour!

Personally its not for us but Im glad we gave it a go. I would say do your research, there is a lot on line about the good and bad areas.

Good luck!

When I Retired in 2001.I decided to get out of the Rat Race, And Buy A house in the Middle of a paddock. I did in the Middle of 1400 acers with no neighbours. Most of these modern estates, the houses are so close together, you can hear the neighbours at the toilet.The Houses In Australia Look good,but are Paper houses. Brick Veneer.Ovens in the summer and freezing in the winter.So thin you think the birds are sitting on the bottom of the bed.I think All suburbs are the same. Houses Packed close together.And The Noise drives you mad.So the money you pay for a house around the Gold coast. You would be better off buying small Acreage, out a bit,at Bars Scrub, Logan Village,Tamborine,Munruben,Bannockburn,Buccan,But All over Queensland, one of the biggest problems, is Anti social behaviour, and Neighbour hood disputes. You need luck on your side, to find good neighbours, as all the R/e Agents describe everywhere as peace and quiet location.Aussie's love Noise Stereo's have one Setting In Most places FULL BORE! Even on Acreage you get the nuisance of dirt Bikes. The Quality Of Life Is Peace Perfect Peace.We went back to the UK in 2013 The House Had Double Glazing.Unheard of in AUS.We couldn't hear a thing from outside.

Archived