Decided to escape

pomstar

I don't recall any of the posters on here saying the UK is a shithole or maligning people who choose to live in the UK.

@Gbye grey sky - there are definitely a few regulars who may well intimate that the UK has gone to the dogs etc etc... many of whom have not visited or lived there in a long time, so maybe a valid observation on the current state of the UK has been missing in those posts!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH he sounds more like someone who has had a gut full of being here. Which is fair enough, it's not a crime to hold opinions, even if they're negative ones. It doesn't mean that they are the truth, just his opinions.

I do agree with the dumbing down bit though. The mainstream media (ABC and SBS aside) here is ****ing woeful and IMO a stain on this grate nation

Sure but if you have an opinion calling people stupid or poor then expect similar back surely?

Sure but if you have an opinion calling people stupid or poor then expect similar back surely?

Sure. I just don't understand why people take such comments so personally. If someone makes a sweeping generalisation it's pretty obvious IMO that they are sweeping, but it is his view. Just like it is parley's view that the UK is some 3rd world failed state living under Sharia law, where the idea of quality coffee is Kenco Gold, and a barista is someone who goes to law school, .

Both views are pretty inaccurate, but they are the views of the individual and getting irate about them won't change anything.

Sure. I just don't understand why people take such comments so personally. If someone makes a sweeping generalisation it's pretty obvious IMO that they are sweeping, but it is his view. Just like it is parley's view that the UK is some 3rd world failed state living under Sharia law, where the idea of quality coffee is Kenco Gold, and a barista is someone who goes to law school, .

Both views are pretty inaccurate, but they are the views of the individual and getting irate about them won't change anything.

C'mon Dom, that's far too rational for PIO. Don't be ridiculous. Typical Lefty rant.

Edited by HappyHeart

Sounds like you are a bit irate about Parley's views.

Here I am having a great life and thinking Oz is the best place on earth to live, but after reading your post I realise it is really a living hell. I will try much harder to be miserable in the future. I am thinking you are probably winding us up - anyone who hates Oz as much as you wouldn't have stayed so long.

Here I am having a great life and thinking Oz is the best place on earth to live, but after reading your post I realise it is really a living hell. I will try much harder to be miserable in the future. I am thinking you are probably winding us up - anyone who hates Oz as much as you wouldn't have stayed so long.

Maybe they are lower socio economic and couldn't afford the move back... :wink:

Doctors and nurses holding protests recently against the winding down of NHS, held placards including ones that stated things like "Don't Make Us Move To OZ'. Yep I'm afraid Australia has very serious issues ahead. Housing being an issue of serious concern. Still the sun shines and there's always the sand dunes on the beach when things get tougher.

Think you misinterpreted the message on those placards. They meant don't make us have to move to Oz for a better deal than we can get here.

I know exactly what they meant and thought it relayed as such. Both countries have serious issues not being addressed by respective governments.

Every school child is taught that European history only really goes back to about 1787 when the first convicts arrived.

So of course there is going to be limited culture, arts and HISTORY here.

Cannot believe it took OP ten whole years to work that one out. And they have the audacity to say people who settle here happily are uneducated!

Also by OP saying that all migrants are stupid for liking living here and dismissing indigenous history……..I reckon they are being extremely inflammatory and obnoxious with the purpose of looking for reactions.

Failing that, if this is a real post – I feel very sorry for the OP – as they seem very bitter and unhappy.

Edited by snifter
removed personal comment as per forum rules

Hey

Every school child is taught that European history only really goes back to about 1787 when the first convicts arrived.

Cannot believe it took OP ten whole years to work that one out. And they have the audacity to say people who settle here happily are uneducated!

Also by OP saying that all migrants are stupid for liking living here and dismissing indigenous history……..I reckon they are being extremely inflammatory and obnoxious with the purpose of looking for reactions.

Failing that, if this is a real post – I feel very sorry for the OP – as they seem very bitter and unhappy.

I don't reckon anything apart from the OP has had a skinful of Australia and wants out. Not at all wrong with articulating their frustrations. None being original after all. Not a few I would have stated myself at some point of the journey. Some I could still tick as shortcomings.

After ten years or perhaps twenty, some on here now may have a complete turn around in thinking and what may seem attractive now may well prove frustrating in time. Others meanwhile will adapt and prefer their adopted country while others may never waver.

All good in the great tapestry of opinion and real life.

Edited by snifter
removed some quoted text as now deleted and removed a line of text from reply referrring to it

:mask:

I'm in full mod mode atm. I've just spent the last 20 minutes dealing with this thread. Removing posts, comments and so on. I had planned to message all those who have had posts removed for one reason or another (some were removed simply because they quoted a post that was not felt suitable to leave on the forum, nothing more to it than that and ensures the context of the thread is kept). I really don't have time now though to write messages to 4 or 5 different people having spent 20 minutes sorting this thread out so far.

I don't get paid for this, I volunteer. I give my time freely to read the crap (and not so crap :cute:) stuff people post. I don't ask for thanks or anything in return. I don't expect any. But I at least hope people will bother to remember for a moment at least before hitting 'Post reply' to read back over what they have written and to consider if its appropriate to post in this thread (or whatever one they happen to be posting in). Or bother to go read the rules and actually try to recall them from time to time before posting. I'll even link to them for you to go read if you've not done so already. If you've time to read a heap of hot air elsewhere round the forum, hopefully you'll have a few minutes available to squish in and read these http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/welcome/91456-forum-rules-guidelines.html

If you notice your post has been deleted, perhaps consider not reposting it again or posting along similar lines. If you want to find out why a post was removed, PM a mod and enquire. We can let you know. If its felt its needed, a warning or an infraction will be given. Or we may just drop a PM to let you know. We don't always inform when posts are removed as if we did we'd not have much time for a life tbh.

To be clear here, anyone wishing to discuss my post here with me or any other mod, please use the PM system. Do not continue the conversation in this thread. Posts doing so will be removed and infractions may follow.

Anyways, that was the explanation to anyone wondering where their post has gone. And some other stuff.

Don't make me come back and get all mod like on your asses. I want to go hug unicorns dammit :mad:

I'm in full mod mode atm. I've just spent the last 20 minutes dealing with this thread. Removing posts, comments and so on. I had planned to message all those who have had posts removed for one reason or another (some were removed simply because they quoted a post that was not felt suitable to leave on the forum, nothing more to it than that and ensures the context of the thread is kept). I really don't have time now though to write messages to 4 or 5 different people having spent 20 minutes sorting this thread out so far.

I don't get paid for this, I volunteer. I give my time freely to read the crap (and not so crap :cute:) stuff people post. I don't ask for thanks or anything in return. I don't expect any. But I at least hope people will bother to remember for a moment at least before hitting 'Post reply' to read back over what they have written and to consider if its appropriate to post in this thread (or whatever one they happen to be posting in). Or bother to go read the rules and actually try to recall them from time to time before posting. I'll even link to them for you to go read if you've not done so already. If you've time to read a heap of hot air elsewhere round the forum, hopefully you'll have a few minutes available to squish in and read these http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/welcome/91456-forum-rules-guidelines.html

If you notice your post has been deleted, perhaps consider not reposting it again or posting along similar lines. If you want to find out why a post was removed, PM a mod and enquire. We can let you know. If its felt its needed, a warning or an infraction will be given. Or we may just drop a PM to let you know. We don't always inform when posts are removed as if we did we'd not have much time for a life tbh.

To be clear here, anyone wishing to discuss my post here with me or any other mod, please use the PM system. Do not continue the conversation in this thread. Posts doing so will be removed and infractions may follow.

Anyways, that was the explanation to anyone wondering where their post has gone. And some other stuff.

Don't make me come back and get all mod like on your asses. I want to go hug unicorns dammit :mad:

may I offer you some advice snifter, and this is for your own safety as I do care, please please be sure not to hug the unicorn from the front!

Yes miss

I don't reckon anything apart from the OP has had a skinful of Australia and wants out. Not at all wrong with articulating their frustrations. None being original after all. Not a few I would have stated myself at some point of the journey. Some I could still tick as shortcomings.

After ten years or perhaps twenty, some on here now may have a complete turn around in thinking and what may seem attractive now may well prove frustrating in time. Others meanwhile will adapt and prefer their adopted country while others may never waver.

All good in the great tapestry of opinion and real life.

............while I agree with most of what you say flag.....

............there is a way to say it.....

............inflammatory all encompassing generalisations of a people and place.....

............will cause an angry response from those accused or accossiated with the views.....

............nothing wrong with feeling Australia is no longer for you....

.............but posting with respect for those that do......would of perhaps then not encouraged many of the deleted posts...

............while I agree with most of what you say flag.....

............there is a way to say it.....

............inflammatory all encompassing generalisations of a people and place.....

............will cause an angry response from those accused or accossiated with the views.....

............nothing wrong with feeling Australia is no longer for you....

.............but posting with respect for those that do......would of perhaps then not encouraged many of the deleted posts...

Quite right Tink. The OP may be a 'professional' but has no manners or respect. Find that a lot with so called professionals.

Quite right Tink. The OP may be a 'professional' but has no manners or respect. Find that a lot with so called professionals.

............found in all walks of life unfortunately.....

............and a shame it has caused anger.....

............when some may share the sentiment and could of contributed their experience....

.............without the inflammatory comments...

Yeah and I also feel sorry for the 15 people who have "liked" the post they must be a sorry lot.

Why waste the type space is where I go out from. But then that is me.

I must admit, I didn't think much of what you are referring to either but given it was the OP's first post and they are sticking the boot in big time about Aus, I ain't going to lose sleep over their opinon or waste time replying to it. It is what it is and not something I really hold much in. Some will no doubt be chomping at the bit to reply :unsure:

My point earlier was to be civil. If the thread goes off the rails it will be locked and/or moderated or moved. We've been here a thousand times with these sorts of threads. Does anyone ever have a case of déjà vu? :cute:

Anyone want to go hug a unicorn?

but you just have......several times......:laugh: