Decided to escape

pomstar

In what way can your nation's history be YOUR history? How are you more connected to it simply because you live within a certain radius? I can feel just as connected to British/ Italian history by looking at pictures and READING. After all most of us probably live in suburbs far away from where any of these events occurred, and so still actually are physically removed in some way or another.

The landings on the moon affected us all but none of us live anywhere nearby..? Do we really need to actually visit or even glimpse the moon to believe it can be achieved?

I have seen a lot of Europe and it's history and of course the UK's too. These days though, being a grumpy old woman, I would rather watch some of those wonderful history documentaries on TV and miss out on the travelling and the queues. I have bookshelves of history books too. As we say on this forum all the time .............. we are all different. I just can't stand crowds anymore.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen a lot of Europe and it's history and of course the UK's too. These days though, being a grumpy old woman, I would rather watch some of those wonderful history documentaries on TV and miss out on the travelling and the queues. I have bookshelves of history books too. As we say on this forum all the time .............. we are all different. I just can't stand crowds anymore.

Is that you in the picture Jock, in a crowd?

Well with history comes the crowds. That is fact.

I'm more for the spaces where I can contemplate being a human being from a different angle.

My point is that those who purport to immerse themselves in architectural history for the benefit of their concept of time.. can sometimes be very good at exhibiting a peculiar brand of short term thinking.

:confused: