Bridgeman

Australian paint brands

I am thinking of doing some painting in the house and just wondered about people's experience with the various paint brands here. Obviously I am familiar with the quality of Dulux but what about Taubmanns and I also came across British Paints in Bunnings.

We have used Taubmanns in several houses that we have owned for a number of years and are really pleased with the finish and durability. I should add though that we use professionals to do the work so that probably contributes to the excellent result.

Don't think you will go far wrong with either Dulux or Taubmans, if I really had to chose I think it would be Taubmans seems a good product ( I have been in residential construction for 35 years )

Can't go wrong with Dulux or Taubmans. I have used both in renovating my house and impressed with both. I used British Paints on one project and wasn't as impressed and haven't used them since. Also tried Solver paints once and was not impressed. I just stick to Dulux and Taubmans now. As an aside, one of my nephews is a professional painter and decorator of some 15 years standing, and he will only use Dulux or Taubmans. Keep an eye on Masters and Bunnings as they have specials on paint and you can save a fair bit if you buy on special.

......Just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me down if my personal views do not coincide with yours! :animal-dog:

Do you have Farrow&Ball or Little Greene in Oz?

Stick with Dulux.

It is worth paying a bit more for.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Don't forget to use a primer... We learnt the hard way.

IELTS : 13/08/16: W8 S8 L9 R9. Skills Ax sent/Rcvd/granted: 30/08/16, 12/09/16, 10/10/16. AHPRA sent/AIP : 05/09/16, 28/12/16. EoI/invited: 20/1/17, 01/02/17. 189 submitted: 06/02/17, Caseworker: 23/02/17. Medicals: 31/03/17. Grant: 12/04/17. Child 101 submitted: 09/06/17. Granted: 06/07/17. Landed: 01/09/17.

5 hours ago, LandM said:

Do you have Farrow&Ball or Little Greene in Oz?

There are some heritage paint choices but if you take a colour sample to Bunnings they will make you up a can of Dulux  to match it.

The match is usually accurate, we took a tray table top in and the match was perfect.  We always use Dulux.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes: