189 Visa Lodged October 2015

hjd

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife and I lodged our 189 from the 8th October round and with our daughter now are just waiting for a agent to be assigned. Our only concern now is the medical as I'm a big chap and so will have a high BMI. I don't have any medical conditions or history and take no medication and work full time so hoping this will be fine but until that is done we can't start to dream too much.

Hi everyone,

I have heard that immigration are not accepting anymore applications at the moment, the independent visa is closed till further notice!! I hope this isn't true!!

Where have you found this info? From what i can see there is another invitation round in October.

Hi everyone,

I have heard that immigration are not accepting anymore applications at the moment, the independent visa is closed till further notice!! I hope this isn't true!!

The occupation ceiling for occupation code 2212 (Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers) has been reached but other occupations are still being invited to apply.

My wife and I lodged our 189 from the 8th October round and with our daughter now are just waiting for a agent to be assigned. Our only concern now is the medical as I'm a big chap and so will have a high BMI. I don't have any medical conditions or history and take no medication and work full time so hoping this will be fine but until that is done we can't start to dream too much.

Hi, We had our medicals today in Manchester, they were really helpful and it didnt take long. My partner had a higher than normal blood pressure so was concerned about that but i think it is more a picture of your overall health etc im sure you will be fine, good luck.

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know briefly about the general time frame between lodging the visa application and when you actually receive the visa? I have got everything uploaded recently, but no idea when should a CO be assigned and how long until the whole process is done. From what I found on the immi website, it should be 3 months. But there are several cases that I know which took about 2 months or even less. Is there any indication for this? Thanks guys.

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know briefly about the general time frame between lodging the visa application and when you actually receive the visa? I have got everything uploaded recently, but no idea when should a CO be assigned and how long until the whole process is done. From what I found on the immi website, it should be 3 months. But there are several cases that I know which took about 2 months or even less. Is there any indication for this? Thanks guys.

Hi!

There really doesn't seem to be any order or logic to visas being granted I don't think. Yes there is a maximum of 3 months but we were told it could take around 3 weeks after we submitted our visa, which was the 9th Sept! We got a CO assigned 8 weeks after we lodged our visa, the 9th Sept is when we finished uploading our last bit of info! It's just a waiting game!

You never know you may be one of the lucky ones, or like us and be waiting a while!

Good luck x

Hey All,

I just finished uploading a load of documents, I really hope they will all suffice as I uploaded most of them separately, so I really don't want to have to hit the limit of 60 docs..

Anyway, now that I have paid for the visa and uploaded the docs, do I need to wait to get told to do a medical or can I just go ahead and do it myself?

Thanks

Hey All,

I just finished uploading a load of documents, I really hope they will all suffice as I uploaded most of them separately, so I really don't want to have to hit the limit of 60 docs..

Anyway, now that I have paid for the visa and uploaded the docs, do I need to wait to get told to do a medical or can I just go ahead and do it myself?

Thanks

Hi, You can do medical straight away. Log into your immi account and click the 'get medical details' button this will allow you to access the number you need in order to go ahead with your medical.

Hi,

Today I got Case Officer assigned and he was asking for my husband PCC papers for his international travel which is pending. We have sent for PCC request to Germany on 8th Oct and still not heard anything from them.

I have anyhow attached the acknowledgement that we received from courier service that it is delivered.

Do anyone know if this will affect? or Case officer will wait until we get the PCC from Germany has come to us? We do not have any tracking also for this request on the German official sites.

Thanks!!

Aus this is quite interesting as we are also facing a difficult situation regarding a pcc.

I can't give you much advice since we haven't been allocated with a CO but I do know how you feel. Also it is good that you attached the paper from courier service as any proof could help at this point.

When did you apply for visa?

Edited by MiM

Aus this is quite interesting as we are also facing a difficult situation regarding a pcc.

I can't give you much advice since we haven't been allocated with a CO but I do know how you feel. Also it is good that you attached the paper from courier service as any proof could help at this point.

When did you apply for visa?

Thanks MiM for the reply!!

We lodged VISA on 20th Sept.

COs are very familiar with the fact that some country police checks can take more than a few weeks to get. Uploading the receipt is the usual recommendation so the CO knows it has been requested, and they'll wait until you provide the documents when you get them.

Thanks MaggieMay24, CaptainC and others for replying on my issue. I luckily go the PCC via post yesterday. I was surprised to see it on the same day when CO request and was really happy!! :wink:

I have uploaded the same in immigration site and replied to the mail that asked for pending documents.

They had asked for translation also as it is in German. I got it done from a site online and sent the screenshot as PDF -> (not sure if that is the expected way of sending the translation). Anyone has idea on translation part??

Edited by AusApril27

Sorry, me again. I keep seeing people talking about a form 80 on the forum and was wondering what this was and whether i've missed something important? can anyone help please? thanks

Hi Ceri,

The Form 80 is a pretty intense form which details all your previous travel details for the last 10 years, employment from Birth, qualifications etc. It asks for details of countries travelled to and dates, places you studied and addresses...etc etc! I would start doing it because if your CO asks you for it and it isn't done, it might delay you. It took my BF and I agessssss to go back through his past, getting all the information together. Esp living in the UK, we travel to Europe a lot and not for a long time so there is not really any evidence of it. Facebook was our best friend trying to work out all those dates. I had to speak to my BF's parents and get info on schooling. The biggest struggle was the employment as it asks for employment from BIRTH!! WTF!! Having 2 degrees my BF has done a lot of part time jobs to get him through his studies so that's been the biggest headache. Your CO might not ask for it, but I would recommend doing it in case it takes a while to collate info. You can find the form here....

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/80.pdf

Good luck!

Hannah

hjd, I did form 80 for both of us. I've been looking at 1221 but thinking it's a waste of time. Did you do that one?

hi Wooba. I didn't do the form 80 for both of us. Just my BF who is the primary applicant. Haven't done 1221 either. Sick of filling forms in!!

Hi Ceri,

The Form 80 is a pretty intense form which details all your previous travel details for the last 10 years, employment from Birth, qualifications etc. It asks for details of countries travelled to and dates, places you studied and addresses...etc etc! I would start doing it because if your CO asks you for it and it isn't done, it might delay you. It took my BF and I agessssss to go back through his past, getting all the information together. Esp living in the UK, we travel to Europe a lot and not for a long time so there is not really any evidence of it. Facebook was our best friend trying to work out all those dates. I had to speak to my BF's parents and get info on schooling. The biggest struggle was the employment as it asks for employment from BIRTH!! WTF!! Having 2 degrees my BF has done a lot of part time jobs to get him through his studies so that's been the biggest headache. Your CO might not ask for it, but I would recommend doing it in case it takes a while to collate info. You can find the form here....

https://www.border.gov.au/Forms/Documents/80.pdf

Good luck!

Hannah

Hi Hannah thanks for the reply. I completed it yesterday with as much info as i could (32 years of info to remember!) As you said thought it was best to do it whilst im on half term rather than a CO ask for it and trying to find time to then complete it. Im getting really impatient now as i just want to move over having sleepless nights worrying it might not happen