Flying out to Perth January 2016!!

mel25

We still cannot believe we have our visas granted and flights booked!! 15 weeks 6 days we'll be in Perth!:jiggy: Time is going to fly... So much to do : shipping off what we're taking (in November), leaving parties for the children and their friends, last Christmas in the UK with plenty of family to visit! Anyone else flying out to Perth on 26th January? (with Singapore airlines) We're having 2 nights in a hotel in Perth together before heading North to Butler to spend a couple of weeks with family there whilst we get sorted!

Take some time to decide, explore everywhere. We thought we would end up near the sea, Butler and surrounds is quite dense living, any new build (as a lot of rentals are) will be on top of your neighbours, nothing wrong with that if that's your thing. We booked a holiday rental for 3 months before we left the UK, tried for a few north but could not find one empty for 3 months so ended up in the hills. Big blocks, lots of space, national parks and state forests, less populated. We bought 10 mins from our holiday rental, easy access to the city etc.

Edited by rob dc

Excitement for us which I am sure will turn into nerves when we move in with the in laws for the last few weeks.. We leave Manchester at 08.45 on the 26th, quick stop off at Munich then onto Singapore. Nice to hear from someone who will be heading out and going through the same emotions as us! Good luck and maybe meet you on the plane! haha

From here we're thinking around Butler due to having family there but will wait till we get there before we decide :) will be dependant on work etc. Partner is electrician. Kids getting excited!

Butler is a lovely area and being new theres lots going on..... we are moving another 15 mins up the road to Yanchep - well once my wifes 309/100 comes through ;-)....... If you need a hand with housing either buying or renting, go and see the guys at Remax on the main street ( my brother works there ) ;-)

Excitement for us which I am sure will turn into nerves when we move in with the in laws for the last few weeks.. We leave Manchester at 08.45 on the 26th, quick stop off at Munich then onto Singapore. Nice to hear from someone who will be heading out and going through the same emotions as us! Good luck and maybe meet you on the plane! haha

Sounds a bit like what we did. We lived in Gee Cross, sold the house privately and moved in with the in-laws for a few weeks over Christmas. Flew out in February with Singapore Airlines, had a few days in Singapore, then on to Perth.

People bought us loads of stuff at Christmas, a massive scaletrix kit for our 2 year old was one, which we had to bring with us. We had loads of luggage and ended up posting a lot of stuff from Singapore as someone said the Airline would charge us a lot of excess baggage. It all arrived in Perth safe and sound though.

Good luck. exciting times.:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Were re hopefully moving back around Australia Day pending the visa coming through before xmas for my partner. We'll be living with my parents in South Freo initially but then moving to western suburbs (Doubleview or Wembley) as my daughter starts primary school in Feb in city beach. So excited now!

Sounds a bit like what we did. We lived in Gee Cross, sold the house privately and moved in with the in-laws for a few weeks over Christmas. Flew out in February with Singapore Airlines, had a few days in Singapore, then on to Perth.

People bought us loads of stuff at Christmas, a massive scaletrix kit for our 2 year old was one, which we had to bring with us. We had loads of luggage and ended up posting a lot of stuff from Singapore as someone said the Airline would charge us a lot of excess baggage. It all arrived in Perth safe and sound though.

Good luck. exciting times.:cool: