Accommodation and job opportunities in Southern Inland region NSW..

manukarthi07

It covers a huge inland area from just south of Sydney down to the Bombala area.

Chances of getting a job: Buckley's and none

Well not totally impossible.

But quite hard I would say - especially for a foreigner

Towns outside main cities can be a bit parochial. Unless you have a desperately needed skill (doctor), from experience it can sometimes be hard to find work; at least quickly.

Jobs tend to go to locals first.

Dear Jumpingjillybean, I received SS 489 Visa from Southern Inland-NSW and I'm permitted to work in this region expect Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong

You may be permitted to work there. But given my last post. I would put the feelers out before arriving if you can. Just to get a feel of the places and what is on offer. Because you have to pay your rent somehow, and arriving and not being able to find work immediately, may be painful!

Okay fine I will do it..

And I have one more question, I heard that for 189 Visa, concerned region will be paying basic stay fund for 3 months to candidate whoever comes on that VISA is it true?

Of course it is not true. Why should the Australian taxpayer be funding your expenses for three months, that would be outrageous.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you mate...

How about job opportunities in NSW regional areas like Goulburn, Queanbeyan, Bowral, Tumut, Yass, Young e.t.c for mechanical field..

How big is this suburbs are?

They are not suburbs, they are small cities and towns. You can find statistics for their population here:

http://www.bobinoz.com/australias-states/new-south-wales/

You really need to learn how to use Google!

As others have already told you - because that region is mainly farming country, job opportunities are not frequent. When a vacancy does arise, it is often difficult for them to find staff because most Australians do not wish to live in small country towns, so you would have a good chance of being hired - but you may have to arrive in the region, find work doing something else and then wait until something more suitable arises.

Hi Marisawright..

Thanks for your response and I'm planning to move this region on Jan 2016. Ya I can check it in Google but in the mean time it is better to get views, ideas and opinions from experts like you..

We are not experts! We are other people like you. Some of us have lived in Australia for a long time, but we are just ordinary people and we can only offer advice from our own experience. I don't think we have any members who actually live in that area. I don't know which country you are from, but if I asked you about job prospects in a rural area far from where you live, could you answer me accurately?

Hi JockinTas,

What would be the average living cost/ week for single person?

Surely you have realised by now, we do not have any members of this forum living in that area, so there is no one here who can tell you that.

Bowral is almost a suburb of Sydney now. Wealthy Sydney people retire there, and some younger people commute to Sydney too, so it is very expensive (unlike most of the rest of the area you mention). Queanbeyan is also quite expensive because it is almost a suburb of Canberra. Elsewhere will be cheaper, but rentals in country areas are always expensive. Look on domain.com.au, realestate.com.au and allhomes.com.au to get an idea of rentals.

Nothing beats the eyeball test - check out real estate.com for rental costs, seek for jobs and cut your coat to suit your cloth basically. The S Highlands are quite expensive, Queanbeyan is cheaper than Canberra but it's right up there too. If you want cheap, try Delegate. No jobs probably but they have a Friday night meat raffle at the pub which would be handy. Bombala might have the edge on jobs but I can't vouch for the meat raffle!

Honestly - there is no real answer to your question, it's as long as a piece of string!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 06/10/2015 at 20:48, manukarthi07 said:

Dear Mates..

I Manu from India and planning relocate to Southern Inland region of NSW, since I had received 189 SS Visa. Now my inquiries are...

1.Can I get jobs in this region?

2.Can I get proper accommodation and what would be the living cost/month for single person.?

3.Is this region is friendly and safe?

Kindly can any one have ideas on these above mentioned matter please share and your valuable assistance is highly appreciated.

Hi Manu,

i am now the same position. May i know your contact. Please assist. Planning to relocate from Singapore JAN 2020.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2015 at 12:04, manukarthi07 said:

Hi mates,

Is there some one, who have received 489 SS Visa from Southern Inland region and planning to move shortly to this region. If there please let me know..

Hi Manu,

I read all of your questions in this forum and i have the same. Now i got 89 Visa for Sothern inland region. Could you please advise your experience in that region? your help much appreciated. you may contact me through babulaldgl87@gmail.com

Looking your reply,

Babulal

11 minutes ago, Babulal R said:

Hi Manu,

I read all of your questions in this forum and i have the same. Now i got 489 Visa for Sothern inland region. Could you please advise your experience in that region? your help much appreciated. you may contact me through babulaldgl87@gmail.com

Looking your reply,

Babulal