189 Visa Grant Delay

mickeyteg

Cheers for your response CaptainC. I am not sure if UK is a high risk country or not.

When you say extra checks, what are them checks? I've had a word with my work place, nobody has received any sort of check or verification comms from them. So I wonder what sort of other checks are there? I mean the PCC is in effect the document that states character and other law-abiding status.

Ta

I have also been seeing a lot of 189 Visa lodge's and grants being given within a 1 month to 2 months time frame, i do think that there could be some factors that could be causing the delays, however as CaptainC stated that high risk countries will tend to have longer processing time, but based on my experience, there were three of us who applied for 189 from the same country and same company, only I got the long term treatment,, :( , still hoping today tough..

Keep Praying everyone,..

I have also been seeing a lot of 189 Visa lodge's and grants being given within a 1 month to 2 months time frame, i do think that there could be some factors that could be causing the delays, however as CaptainC stated that high risk countries will tend to have longer processing time, but based on my experience, there were three of us who applied for 189 from the same country and same company, only I got the long term treatment,, :( , still hoping today tough..

Keep Praying everyone,..

From which country are you?

Cheers for your response CaptainC. I am not sure if UK is a high risk country or not.

When you say extra checks, what are them checks? I've had a word with my work place, nobody has received any sort of check or verification comms from them. So I wonder what sort of other checks are there? I mean the PCC is in effect the document that states character and other law-abiding status.

Ta

UK is on the low risk list of countries. Is the UK you country of citizenship, or did you apply whilst located elsewhere? That can be a factor.

There are many reasons that applications get held back and recently an increasing number of people are being asked to fill in form 80 which can slow things down quite a bit.

I am a UK citizen.

Could be any number of reasons then MoBari. The high risk country reason is the usual one but as you are a UK citizen and applied while in the UK, then that counts that theory out.

Just be patient, and don't take too much notice of the other grants that you see. The ones that are getting finalised within a couple of weeks are few and far between, and the majority of applications take between 2 and 3 months. I know you've been waiting a while, but they are getting through them slowly but surely.

If it is any consolation, I am in the same boat as you, but applied earlier on the 3rd August. When we called last week the girl told us our would be looked at in 2 weeks...that was 1 week ago. I dont know if she was just fobbing us off or if it was true.

People in high risk areas have gotten their visas before us. There just doesn't seem to be any structure, no rhyme or rhythm or pattern to it all.

Gosh I wish I knew what was going down there. I personally reckon they have a daily game of bingo and whoever s application number get called out - Bingo they get a grant !! :twitcy:

On my case, i have front loaded all the documents, including medicals and PCC, I pretty sure i have all in order, was checked by my Agent.

totally clueless from this point on..

:twitcy: getting bonkers with all this waiting and checking.. ha ha ha ha ha ..

What was your agent advised?

Its really depressing sometimes to wait for so long.

Me and my husband cannot plan anything yet as everything will depend on the visa grant.

Thanks CaptainC. I have received a response from the department that they are conducting verification and they do not need any other documents from my side. This is the first response that i have got till now. Also do you know if Pakistan is among the high risk countries??

Thanks CaptainC. I have received a response from the department that they are conducting verification and they do not need any other documents from my side. This is the first response that i have got till now. Also do you know if Pakistan is among the high risk countries??

Yes it is

hi guys, it's my first time to reply to this thread. Also waiting for the golden email like you guys. If it's fine with you, let's make a tracker of everyone who is still waiting to hear from DIBP so we could see any pattern and at the very least comfort each other while waiting.

So far this this is the list of people I've had a chat with who are still waiting:

Username/Date Applied/Date of CO contact/Date when documents were submitted/GRANT DATE

kkwaiting - April 2015

binoyski - July 22, 2015

RK9999 - August 4, 2015

Adele - August 5, 2015

Umair Rafiq - August 14, 2015

Perthling - August 17, 2015/ October 2 (Form 80, 1221, medical for husband)/ October 22/ no grant yet

Mobari - August 26, 2015

Saacor - September 22, 2015

Feel free to add or edit if I got any information wrong. For anyone else not on the list feel free to add your details. May the grants rain on us soon!:)

Hi Perthling,

I'd suggest that we add a bit more attributes to the list, such as, CO contact (if any, then date and nature), occupation and EOI points.

Mine are, Applied on 26-08-2015, CO Contact on 06-10-2015 asked for Payslips, Occupation: Software Engineer 261313, EOI points claimed 65.

Cheers

kkwaiting - April 2015

binoyski - July 22, 2015 / November 6 (req employment contact info) / Dec 11 (Assessment in Progress) / Production Engineer, EOI 60 pts. / Waiting.

RK9999 - August 4, 2015

Adele - August 5, 2015

Perthling - August 17, 2015/ October 2 (Form 80, 1221, medical for husband)/ October 22/ no grant yet

Mobari - August 26, 2015

good suggestion Mobari :)

Username [Occupation and code/ number of pts claimed] - Date Applied/Date of CO Contact/Date when Request Completed/ Visa Grant Date

kkwaiting - April 2015

binoyski [Production Engineer 233513/60 pts] - July 22, 2015/ November 6 (Req Employment Contact Info)/ December 11/ ______

RK9999 - August 4, 2015

Adele - August 5, 2015

Perthling [Materials Engineer 233112/65 pts] - August 17, 2015/ October 2 (Form 80, 1221, medical for husband)/ October 22/ ______

Mobari [software Engineer 261313/65 pts] - August 26, 2015/ October 6 (Payslips)/ October 11/______

Edited by perthling

kkwaiting - April 2015

binoyski - July 22, 2015 / November 6 (req employment contact info) / Dec 11 (Assessment in Progress) / Production Engineer, EOI 60 pts. / Waiting.

RK9999 - August 4, 2015

Adele - August 5, 2015

Mobari - August 26, 2015

Saacor - September 22, 2015/October 27 2015 (PCC,Medical)/November 23 (Form 815)/Jan.4,2016 (Husband PCC)/Civil Engineer