Guest paulwbafc

energy bills

Guest paulwbafc

With petrol crisis how is this effecting Australia?

In the UK energy bills are going up at same rate as petrol. If oil hits the $150 a barrel which it will by xmas elec and gas in the uk shall be 50% higher than 2007. Average $3000 a year for gas and elec. Currently elec and gas is costing $200 month now and from september will be near $300 a month.

How much is elec/gas in oz?

is it effected by the oil price?

Guest earlswood
With petrol crisis how is this effecting Australia?

In the UK energy bills are going up at same rate as petrol. If oil hits the $150 a barrel which it will by xmas elec and gas in the uk shall be 50% higher than 2007. Average $3000 a year for gas and elec. Currently elec and gas is costing $200 month now and from september will be near $300 a month.

How much is elec/gas in oz?

is it effected by the oil price?

Prices are rising world-wide...people are just as mad over hear with booming prices in food to petrol etc....I find it much more expensive than when I first got here almost 2 years ago....find it more expensive than the UK when you take the low wages also.

One of the problems is that China are stock piling in readiness for the olympic games apparently which is sending prices soaring. I Had to pay $1.50 for the first time this week. However, I emailed someone the other night and they said that what we pay here in electricity/gas/water is cheaper than the UK

Ali

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Petrol is going up rapidly and even though we arent close to UK prices at the moment, there is an offset because generally Aussies drive further in the natural course of events. I think our power is still well cheaper than UK but with our recent signing of Kyoto, heavens knows how much they are going to levy on power bills just to pay the Kyoto penalties. We do have a good hot water option in solar which takes some of the sting out of the power bill and many homes now have it. Water is a whole other country - our water bills are rising faster than our petrol costs in some areas because we are so short of the stuff. Our water bill has increased about 30% with the same usage since our last bill and it is now almost twice as much as our electric bill (we do have solar hot water and slow combustion stove heating). Yup, everything is going up up up all over the world!