You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Perthbum

Can't wait for winter....

Don't say that! I don't like any cold weather, I think I suffer from SAD! Actually it's not even the cold, it's the lack of sunshine and constant rain that I really hate!

Yeah I get a little bit of SAD I think, not much. Winter can often be very sunny and although it has been raining this last week it's far from constant by any means.

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me. 

Yeah I get a little bit of SAD I think, not much. Winter can often be very sunny and although it has been raining this last week it's far from constant by any means.

I don't joke when I say I think it's rained almost every day since the start of november here in the south! I just seem to be happier (and healthier) in warmer and sunnier climates. I think Jan/Feb will be colder but drier. Just got to make the best of the situation though :)

I don't joke when I say I think it's rained almost every day since the start of november here in the south! I just seem to be happier (and healthier) in warmer and sunnier climates. I think Jan/Feb will be colder but drier. Just got to make the best of the situation though :)

I think your unhappy situation has made things seem a little worse than they actually are to be fair. Yes sunnier warmer climates do make some feel 'happier' in a sense. This winter has been so incredibly mild with no real change on the immediate horizon, I am working outside in a tshirt and not feeling the slightest bit cold.

I think your unhappy situation has made things seem a little worse than they actually are to be fair. Yes sunnier warmer climates do make some feel 'happier' in a sense. This winter has been so incredibly mild with no real change on the immediate horizon, I am working outside in a tshirt and not feeling the slightest bit cold.

You are very lucky bristolman. As I mentioned in another thread the weather in the north of England and the south of Scotland has been atrocious. Bit like Australia at the moment. Sydney has had dreadful weather but it's lovely down here.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

You are very lucky bristolman. As I mentioned in another thread the weather in the north of England and the south of Scotland has been atrocious. Bit like Australia at the moment. Sydney has had dreadful weather but it's lovely down here.

The North always has crap weather to be honest, well in comparison to further south anyway. Not really lucky, we just don't get much of the really awful weather down here.

Hope Maryrose hasn't been blown away or flooded. Haven't seen him here today.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

[ATTACH]32334[/ATTACH]

I'm standing on the roof.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

:laugh:

As long as you are OK. Horrible weather to be having at any time but rotten for it to strike just before Christmas.

[ATTACH]32334[/ATTACH]

I'm standing on the roof.

seriously are you ok? Some of us care.

My daughter rang from Sydney and said, don't worry I'm ok, we said that's good why? she then explained.

Feel so sorry for everyone affected.

When you say Australia don't forget it's a massive country Jock and whilst Sydney and sometimes Brisbane seem to get extremes of bad weather here in Perth it's been beautiful. Not been that hot yet. 31 today, down to 17 at night, just about perfect. I finish up tomorrow and come back to work beginning of Feb. Not going away anywhere as I love being at home, close the the beach and my "toys", surf ski, paddle board, road bike, mountain bike. My wife might find me a few jobs to do. What is it with wives and lists?:rolleyes: That's about the only downside.

Indeed, my home City is still recovering from the flooding.

When you say Australia don't forget it's a massive country Jock and whilst Sydney and sometimes Brisbane seem to get extremes of bad weather here in Perth it's been beautiful. Not been that hot yet. 31 today, down to 17 at night, just about perfect. I finish up tomorrow and come back to work beginning of Feb. Not going away anywhere as I love being at home, close the the beach and my "toys", surf ski, paddle board, road bike, mountain bike. My wife might find me a few jobs to do. What is it with wives and lists?:rolleyes: That's about the only downside.

That's what I meant to convey Paul. It can be horrible weather in one part of Australia and totally different in another part. Beautiful summer weather here now. Warm and sunny. I had my first swim of the summer in the sea the other day. It's nearly 30C today but it cools right down at night.

That's what I meant to convey Paul. It can be horrible weather in one part of Australia and totally different in another part. Beautiful summer weather here now. Warm and sunny. I had my first swim of the summer in the sea the other day. It's nearly 30C today but it cools right down at night.

On the radio the other day and a researcher was saying the waters around Tassie are about 1 degree warmer than a decade ago, and they seeing warm water Plankton, just not sure if it was the same day you went for a swim JockinTas:wink:

Enjoying life in Queensland

On the radio the other day and a researcher was saying the waters around Tassie are about 1 degree warmer than a decade ago, and they seeing warm water Plankton, just not sure if it was the same day you went for a swim JockinTas:wink:

I don't know about that K and L. The sea felt cold when I first got in but after a minute or so I didn't notice. It was lovely! Lots of other folk enjoying it too.

seriously are you ok? Some of us care.

My daughter rang from Sydney and said, don't worry I'm ok, we said that's good why? she then explained.

Feel so sorry for everyone affected.

Thanks. There was no problem in Surry Hills, heavy rain but that's all. It was worst in Kurnell on the far side of Botany Bay. That's where real damage happened and perhaps south of Nowra.

There was flooding in other burbs but Kurnell had real tornado which damaged homes and works buildings.

Looks like I'll be mowing the lawn over christmas. That's a first in the UK. Damn grass won't stop growing. Daffs and others are up.

Winter my arse!

Are you in Oz yet Steve?Havent seen you on the forum for ages?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix

Looks like you'll be waiting a long time PB

Not that I like this weather - warm = wet here, bring back the winters of 10 years ago where it was below 0 every morning and by lunchtime it was sunny with bright blue skies.

Heading North for a spa weekend today and would love cold weather but it's 14 degrees right now and it's only 7am.

To be fair if it was 20 plus and sunny I'd be happy too, it' this non-weather that's depressing. Still at least I haven't had a single morning where I've had to scrape my windscreen yet.

less than a week until Christmas, nuts!!!!Temperature_Observation_Map_-_Britain_-_2015-12-19_07.43.48.jpg

Temperature_Observation_Map_-_Britain_-_2015-12-19_07.43.48.jpg

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

I have to concur, it has been very mild this week, feels more like autumn still! If it could just rain a bit less I'll be happy :P

less than a week until Christmas, nuts!!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]32344[/ATTACH]

Yep, still crazy. Last night was the warmest December night on record and this morning is ridiculously mild and no change in sight.

Ive just noticed the trees?The deciduous ones are leafless,as they should be this time of year...but......They have little buds on the branches that look like its the beginning of spring?Is that normal?Never noticed it tbh this time of year!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix

Ive just noticed the trees?The deciduous ones are leafless,as they should be this time of year...but......They have little buds on the branches that look like its the beginning of spring?Is that normal?Never noticed it tbh this time of year!

No, not normal, we still have roses in bloom and budding.