ACECQA successful/unsuccessful assessment.

Selina Smith

Hi lparker

Yes it's the 187 regional sponsorship.

She's moved to perth 2.5 years ago. She visited family and then found a company who interviewed her and offered her a job sponsorship while she was there so then she came home and did all the paperwork.

At the time she applied childcare co-ordinator was on the sol list but that changed and was incorported into the director role on thats currently on the list.

I am unsure if my work experience has helped as I manage my own larger then normal home childcare service... including managing staff, leadership, finances, paperwork and legislation.

I've emailed many australian childcare companies with my cv and cover letter and applied for jobs advertised on seek.

How long have you got left to complete your foundation degree? She just had her level 3 certificate assessed and was able to secure room leader role on that so might be worth getting the ball rolling as it seems the foundation degree didn't add any weight to our acecqa assessment!

Ive had no preference to where in australia we go. The company I'm talking to is nationwide so there is potential to go anywhere.

Edited by elizawho77

It's so nice to finally get to speak with someone in a similar position as myself:) I'm on the 3rd year of my degree in October but I have been thinking about getting my qualifications assessed anyway. Mind u we are still saving and as it would be the 3 of us going over the visas are expensive! I was wondering if I had enough work experience, I've been running my own childcare business from home for the last 5 years and working in a reception class in a primary school 1 day a week for the past year. Not sure if this is enough experience or what their looking for. We were in Brisbane for 4 weeks last October and I spoke to randstad education about getting sponsorship and they seemed really interested, they asked me to get back in touch with them once I have my qualifications assessed. Did many companies get back to you once you sent them your CV? Is it just yourself going over or do u have a family?

Hi Everyone,

Finally I found some people who are in a similar situation. My partner and I are hoping to emigrate in the next 12 months back to Australia! I am currently finishing my foundation degree in early years in July :jiggy:I also have a FETAC level 5 in Childcare and Special Needs from Ireland which was comparable to the BTEC national diploma level 3 in the UK when I had it assessed in 2013 and I hold a Montessori Diploma. I have ten years experience with children from 6 months- 10 years all in Nurseries, Creches and After School services, I have management experience for the last 3 years (1 as Deputy Manager and 2 as the Manager of a large Montessori Day Nursery).

I was really hoping to apply for a 189 independent skilled for the freedom but I have heard it is really hard to obtain for our profession if I don't have 3 years experience AFTER the qualification was obtained. So I too have been looking into the 187 visa and 457, I have had two skype interviews and three responses from prospective employers in Sydney, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast. All interviews went well, the employers were not put off that I was in the UK, still studying or that I would need sponsorship as I have already used up my two year working holiday visas! So there is hope... I have to wait until July and finish my course, then get assessed by ACEQCA and then I will be one step closer to our dream.. Does anyone know the costs involved for a migration agent if I were to go for the 187 visa? Is there a requirement for savings entering Australia on this visa? We will have about £25k...

:cute:

Hi there, again nice to speak to someone in a similar position. U said your moving back to Australia, did u work in childcare when u used to live there? It's really positive to hear that employers were not put of that u were in the uk and needed sponsorship. Let's just hope that childcare group leader stays on the regional sponsorship list this time round:/ u will have to let us know how u get on

• 3 weeks later...
Quick update. I have managed to get a successful Acecqa assessment for ECT with the combination of my first degree and pgce. Now just need the visa to be granted!

SOJ that is fantastic news! It was hard work but you got there in the end!!! I've sent all my things off to ACECQA last week, because of my volunteering I now have over 80 days experience with 0-2 but they still messaged overnight to ask if I had 0-2 experience as part of my qualification (which I don't). So AITSL have said I'm a teacher, TRBWA have assessed me as a teacher but it's not looking likely that ACECQA will :-( Also trying to work out if I need ACECQA assessment to work in schools or if it's just for daycare????

We have our flights booked for the end of August so was really hoping to start getting my CV sent off soon so I have some job leads for when I arrive (how to set out my CV is a whole other issue).

xxx

It's been a long road! AITSL finally assessed in March, then waited for SA state sponsorship with came through beginning of April. (Im dyslexic and i just could not get 8 in the writing to go for the 189, 7.5 each time!) We applied on the 4th May uploaded everything so hopefully be here by August. I sent everything I sent to AITSL to ACECQA and it passes straight away. Luckily my first degree I did had 30 days 0-2 then my pgce I had 10 days. I was surprised that it went through as simple as it did only toon 3 weeks, compared to 8 months for AITSL! X

Fingers crossed for you!

Yes, I have just sent off to get my qualifications assessed (again) and then to register we have to first complete a safeguarding course in person in South Australia so won't be able to register until we are there. As soon as we get our visa, we will book the flights and the course for the same week we arrive. It's such a long process, it better be worth it! ☺

Hi all,

I hope that you don't mind me popping on to this thread, it's all very insightful as I'm just starting to seriously look in to how I can get my family and I to Perth.

Currently, I have a 3 year law degree (hons) and a primary PGCE 5-11yrs. I am about to embark on my NQT year. Unfortunately, although I have experience teaching year 1, it doesn't cover Early Years.

I think Selina mentioned a course that could be done in Perth that takes 1 year? Please could you tell me where that was? I've looked at a couple on the internet which I think are what I need, but I need to do more research and enquire.

Good luck to all of you going through the visa process at the moment!

Thanks in advance for all help and advice.

This course is recognised by the WA Department of Education and the WA Teaching Registration Board, for teaching kindy through to year 3. It qualifies primary teachers as early childhood teachers. Primary teachers can no longer teach kindy and pre-primary in WA, which is why this course was initially established.

However, I am not sure if it provides enough for visa requirements for you- they may require younger years.

In WA, kindy is for children who turn four by June 30th in the same year of entry, so there are lots of three year olds. Pre-Primary applies to children who turn five by June 30th, again, in the same year of entry, so four and five year olds start the first year of compulsory education in WA.

https://www.murdoch.edu.au/Courses/Graduate-Certificate-in-Early-Childhood-Education/

Edited by Sammy1

SOJ that is fantastic news! It was hard work but you got there in the end!!! I've sent all my things off to ACECQA last week, because of my volunteering I now have over 80 days experience with 0-2 but they still messaged overnight to ask if I had 0-2 experience as part of my qualification (which I don't). So AITSL have said I'm a teacher, TRBWA have assessed me as a teacher but it's not looking likely that ACECQA will :-( Also trying to work out if I need ACECQA assessment to work in schools or if it's just for daycare????

We have our flights booked for the end of August so was really hoping to start getting my CV sent off soon so I have some job leads for when I arrive (how to set out my CV is a whole other issue).

xxx

To work in schools you need to be registered by the Teaching Registration Board.

So, if they accept you, then you can teach in any school. ACECQA does not come into play for school based positions if you already have the visa.

This course is recognised by the WA Department of Education and the WA Teaching Registration Board, for teaching kindy through to year 3. It qualifies primary teachers as early childhood teachers. Primary teachers can no longer teach kindy and pre-primary in WA, which is why this course was initially established.

However, I am not sure if it provides enough for visa requirements for you- they may require younger years.

In WA, kindy is for children who turn four by June 30th in the same year of entry, so there are lots of three year olds. Pre-Primary applies to children who turn five by June 30th, again, in the same year of entry, so four and five year olds start the first year of compulsory education in WA.

https://www.murdoch.edu.au/Courses/Graduate-Certificate-in-Early-Childhood-Education/

Brilliant, thanks ever so much for your help. I'll look in to this.

I woke up today to the news I officially been offered a job with sponsorship as room leader. I'm absolutely thrilled. I have accepted and now to wait for them to start sorting the relevant paperwork.

The lady who deals with it works Tues-Thurs so there will be no more contact until Tuesday earliest..... grrrr

Its going to be a long drawn out process but i'm so excited for my family.

I woke up today to the news I officially been offered a job with sponsorship as room leader. I'm absolutely thrilled. I have accepted and now to wait for them to start sorting the relevant paperwork.

The lady who deals with it works Tues-Thurs so there will be no more contact until Tuesday earliest..... grrrr

Its going to be a long drawn out process but i'm so excited for my family.

Fantastic news, congratulations x

To work in schools you need to be registered by the Teaching Registration Board.

So, if they accept you, then you can teach in any school. ACECQA does not come into play for school based positions if you already have the visa.

Thank you for clarifying Sammy1, I do have teacher registration for WA and working in a school would be my preference but it looks like the majority of jobs are for daycare which is why I've gone for an ACECQA assessment too.

Lilies, I'm not even sure if the course in Perth would satisfy AITSL requirements, you have to be assessed by them to be able to apply for your visa. Get in touch with them and see if they can offer any advice. Maybe look into a business/private school sponsorship? While I have been looking at jobs a few of them have said in the advert sponsorship is possible. Not sure for primary teaching but if you go to seek.com.au you might see something come up. There are lots of issues with a 457 visa though so make sure you do your research to see if this could be an option.

Congratulations Elizawho77 and good luck with the process. Keep us updated with how you are getting on X

It's so nice to finally get to speak with someone in a similar position as myself:) I'm on the 3rd year of my degree in October but I have been thinking about getting my qualifications assessed anyway. Mind u we are still saving and as it would be the 3 of us going over the visas are expensive! I was wondering if I had enough work experience, I've been running my own childcare business from home for the last 5 years and working in a reception class in a primary school 1 day a week for the past year. Not sure if this is enough experience or what their looking for. We were in Brisbane for 4 weeks last October and I spoke to randstad education about getting sponsorship and they seemed really interested, they asked me to get back in touch with them once I have my qualifications assessed. Did many companies get back to you once you sent them your CV? Is it just yourself going over or do u have a family?

sorry I didn't answer your questions Lparker, I didn't come on until today when I got the job offer.

I contacted Randstad from here and they never even got back to me.

I sent my cv away to so many companies, most I received no reply from and some stating they do not offer sponsorship. I used Seek.au to find the names of most companies. I have been offered the job with the company my friend got sponsorship with.

There will be 3 of us going, but will be putting a further 3 children on the visa for if they want to come over later.

Thank you. The job is in adelaide and we're really excited. Just waiting on the migration agents to get in touch now as contract has been signed and returned.

I am on a facebook site EYLF/NQF ideas and discussions. There has been a recent post about the shortage of diploma qualified educators and they are struggling to fill roles. There has been a lot of directors go on saying they are trying to fill spaces. It might be worth joining and commenting on there... who knows you could fall lucky

• 2 months later...

Excuse me! can i asked you. you sent youd documents to AITSL for assessment? what degree do you hold? (Early childhood or primary) which was you score in IELTS? you said you get 7.5 instead of 8 and they acceptted! can you please tell me your specific scores in each skill pleas? I'm afraid of the english test becasue english is not my first lamguage!. thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Unregistered

Hi Selina,

Did you ever get to Oz?! If so- how?! I have a PGCE in early years and wanted to know the process and what was required of you...

Many thanks!