Bank account

Guest51810

After hearing about other peoples experiences that's me just applied for mine with NAB :) Hopefully it'll be fine. I just need to turn up with some ID and open it, going to do that on my first day hopefully

Hi Stacey, you will,be fine we opened ours onLine from the UK then just went in wih ID and collected cards very easy they are a good bank.

Debbs

Just remember that in Australia, if you use another bank's ATM, or an ATM in a pub/shop/restaurant/club, they will charge you $2 (I think) for each transaction, which means if you check your balance first, then withdraw money, that is two transactions and two charges.

I hate it and I go out of my way to find an ANZ ATM. Perhaps I'm not entirely correct because some banks do have an arrangement with other banks, although using non-bank ATMs will invariably mean a charge.

Some shops and bars will let you pay with your card without charge, whilst others will enforce a minimum 'spend.'

What is the correct term for when you swipe your card over the top of the machine and it charges your credit card automatically? "Pay something?" Very popular anyway.

Many pubs and bars in the city offer a Clipp account, attached to your mobile phone, so if a pub has a Clipp facility, you log in on your phone, choose the name of the pub, and you create an account for the duration you are in the place, actually until you close the account, or the establishment does. The beauty of it is that there is no minimum spend.

[h=3]Clipp - The Bar Tab App[/h]clipp.co/

Epic last-minute deals at the trendiest bars & restaurants. Get up to 40% off your bill - download now & start exploring around you. Download on the App Store · Get it on Google Play. Search exclusive deals, choose from trendy venues, pay

:mask: Just to remind people this is the NAB area of the forum :) Generally for asking NAB stuff and having their replies.

If you want to chit chat about stuff its fine, just will move the thread out of the NAB area.