Cats - The debate can rage on here

Alaska

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing to consider is that you can't let your cats out at night in Australia.

Has that law actually been passed? I don't think so!

I have never intentionally let my cat out at night. Normally stays in from 6pm to 6am.

Once or twice in twenty years she has stayed out all night. But that is only because she didn't come in when I called her and despite calling for hours she just ignored me.

Although wildlife protection is a reason - it is not the main reason.

I keep her in mainly at night because most cats are injured at night. Since I love and care about her very much; I want to protect her.

Our cats are inside from 10pm to 6am, they are in a routine and we have no issues. Our UK cat used to go out at night in the UK but he's used to the large evening meal and then quiet time in the garage now with his Aussie younger fur sister. :wink:

No unfortunately curfews are not mandatory so a total waste of time. It's saddening to read that for some people not letting them out at night is not for the sake of the wildlife but for the cats safety.

Why wouldn't a cat owner want to keep their cat safe? Why wouldn't it be their priority? Why would you care what the reason is anyway?

Why wouldn't a cat owner want to keep their cat safe? Why wouldn't it be their priority? Why would you care what the reason is anyway?

If they really cared they would keep them inside, that way the cat is safe and the native wildlife is safe, no losers that way. It's not rocket science.