You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

John from Moneycorp

Rugby World Cup Predictions

Just a thought about the points scoring system for winning/losing matches - isn't it a bit odd that (in theory) a team could win all 4 of their pool matches but still not win their group. Unlikely, but it could happen. Australia are on course for that so far (ie win but don't get any bonus points)

Just a thought about the points scoring system for winning/losing matches - isn't it a bit odd that (in theory) a team could win all 4 of their pool matches but still not win their group. Unlikely, but it could happen. Australia are on course for that so far (ie win but don't get any bonus points)

Just wanted to thank you for getting the thread back on track! I was getting close to slitting my wrists with the way it had gone before :wink:

I still think NZ are the team to beat. The Aussies would love it to be them, but they just can't match the Kiwis imho. Despite advertising their "Rugby Superstars" - I mean, talk about setting someone up for a fall....

I've heard a lot of the England team interviewed and they all seem to be - at least on the surface - team players rather than prima donnas. I'd love to see them win - or at least get further than the Wallabies! And I love the Hakarena - typical rugby sense of humour!

So the England team have Swing Low, the Kiwis have the Haka - have the Wallabies got a team or supporter song? Or is it just "Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie, Oy, Oy, Oy" (ZZZZzzzzzz)?

Oh, and yes, in some groups those bonus points are going to be crucial I reckon.

Maybe we should offer Sam Burgess a place on the Australian team.

I'm sure he would rather play for us.

What ? Sam Burgess is English, born in England, why would he sooner play for Australia?

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me. 

I'm going to be very un-Australian here but why do they give teams such daft names? The Wallabies (union) The Kangaroos (league) Hockeyroos (women'.s hockey) The Kookaburras (men's hockey) and so on

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away :smile:

I'm going to be very un-Australian here but why do they give teams such daft names? The Wallabies (union) The Kangaroos (league) Hockeyroos (women'.s hockey) The Kookaburras (men's hockey) and so on

To be fair, the Kiwis do it too - the All Blacks (Rugby) the Tall Blacks (Basketball I think) and the Silver Ferns (Netball) that i can think of off the top of my head. And wasn't there a nickname for the Japanese Rugby Team? The Cherry Blossoms or something equally tough sounding (:biglaugh:)?

Haha, so he wasn't Argentinian and wasn't captain lol. You realise George Gregan is from Zambia ? And Will Genia was from Papua New Guinea. David Pocock from Zimbabwe, all Wallabies captains from just the last decade. The current captain was born in Saudi Arabia. Its actually more common for a Wallabies captain from the last decade or so NOT to be born in Australia. Why are you so bitter and twisted ?

Nor was he deported: the UKBA told him he could stay.

According to http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/fascinating-rugby-world-cup-stats-10052033

SAMOA (13)

TONGA (12)

WALES (11)

JAPAN (11)

SCOTLAND (11)

FRANCE (10)

AUSTRALIA (Nine)

ITALY (Nine)

USA (Nine)

CANADA (Five)

IRELAND (Five)

NEW ZEALAND (Five)

ROMANIA (Four)

ENGLAND (Three)

FIJI (Three)

NAMIBIA (Two)

GEORGIA (One)

SOUTH AFRICA (One)

URUGUAY (One)

And reading that the Aussie ones qualify on residency (don't know if any are citizens)

Name me one non Australian citizen who plays for Australia if you can.

Nor was he deported: the UKBA told him he could stay.

Haha, doesn't that change the whole complexion of the story. There is always more to it if you bother to have a look ;)

It changes nothing.

England played a South African national in the English national team.

I want it all, and I want it now.

It changes nothing.

:biglaugh:

It changes nothing.

Yes but did they break any rule in doing so?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_national_sports_team_nicknames

Socceroos ,matilders (Aussie womens football team), volleyroos (volley ball ) , mightyroos (ice hockey ) , vindaloos (Indian ice hockey team ) .......

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

It changes nothing.

Mate, are you for real? Get a life for gawds sake.......who honestly gives a shitte......calm down, take a deep breath, crack open a beer, and for fukks sake chill....:cute:

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Yes but did they break any rule in doing so?

Yes they have unfortunately muddied the waters.

The whole dream of playing for your country is gone. Replaced with if I'm not good enough to play for my country I may still be offered a spot by England.

Edited by parleycross

I want it all, and I want it now.

This is a sport, and probably the best sport in the world!

IMG_20150925_195438.jpg

Suncorp Stadium last night, 50,000 spectators watched the Broncos show the Roosters how to play rugby league:notworthy:

IMG_20150925_195438.jpg

Enjoying life in Queensland

This is a sport, and probably the best sport in the world!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31364[/ATTACH]

Suncorp Stadium last night, 50,000 spectators watched the Broncos show the Roosters how to play rugby league:notworthy:

Pah - rugby league - game for softies! Looks more like a backyard barbie gone wrong to me - hasn't anyone told them they should cook the snags over coals, not flames?

Pah - rugby league - game for softies! Looks more like a backyard barbie gone wrong to me - hasn't anyone told them they should cook the snags over coals, not flames?

Come on then! admit your game is that aerial ping pong thingy stuff for lanky Zebedee's! may as well play tiddlywinks!

Enjoying life in Queensland

So will the dragon burn a few chariots later , if nothing else the welsh national anthem is one of the finest in the world .

we are Wales !

Rugby Union is the ultimate ball game, League doesn't even deserve the name Rugby. As for Aussie rules, no wonder no one else plays it.

Rugby is a sport I think I could actually pay to go and watch. I watched a bit on TV recently and it's better than football. I missed tonight's game.

@John from Moneycorp No wonder Scotland don't do well, we have no faith in them when it comes to sport lol :laugh:

Before they won a English guy who arrives in Sydney the same day as me put up a post saying go England. I said go Wales and he wasn't very polite to me :laugh: so I'm winding him up now