Moving to Melbourne

Guest ukbecky

Guest ukbecky

OK, we have read loads of sites and message boards, but here goes - dont shoot me down in flames for asking this!

My finace and I want to move to OZ. we have about £200,000 equity. No debts, convictions or illnesses.

We run an internet based business, and can do this from any location.

Can we move to OZ?? We dont want to have 'other' jobs out there unless we have to, I am an Insurance Underwriter and my fiance is a Plasterer and property maintenance, he also used to be a maintenance engineer, so he would get points for those? But he doesnt want to do that really.

We wont be a burden on anyone, wont be claiming benifits or such like, we just want to carry out our business, own our own house and do so in a better country than the UK!

Also, we know someone who runs a similar business in Melbourne, Ive heard of Employee sponsorship. Could he 'sponsor' us to work for him and is this expensive/difficult?

I will look forward to your thoughts!

Becky

• 3 years later...
Guest trishwasher

I think you can look into state sponsored visas. they are the ones where having a recognised skill is the key (which it looks like you have). You don't happen to be a hair colourist do you? They get lots of points! liveinvictoria.gov.au has some info. being young healthy non smokers helps I think.

If you husband has the required skills to get a skilled PR visa as a plaster i would definately be going down that route over sponsership. Once granted PR he can then do what he likes not necessarily plastering, you also have much more stability and security than on a sponsership visa. Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Archived