• Announcements

• The Pom Queen

New Forum Upgrade   03/24/2017

On behalf of the admin and moderators of the forum we would like to thank you for your patience during the forum upgrade.  We understand that members don't like change, but unfortunately we had to move with the times. There are lots of exciting changes and features to be made in the coming weeks, however, our priority was to get you all back online as quickly as possible. There is a thread in Forum Q & A (accessible via the link below) if there are any urgent issues please post them in there then we can monitor one thread instead of missing posts. Thank you once again The Pom Queen and Cerberus1 ADMIN
Guest ukbecky

Moving to Melbourne

5 posts in this topic

OK, we have read loads of sites and message boards, but here goes - dont shoot me down in flames for asking this!

My finace and I want to move to OZ. we have about £200,000 equity. No debts, convictions or illnesses.

We run an internet based business, and can do this from any location.

Can we move to OZ?? We dont want to have 'other' jobs out there unless we have to, I am an Insurance Underwriter and my fiance is a Plasterer and property maintenance, he also used to be a maintenance engineer, so he would get points for those? But he doesnt want to do that really.

We wont be a burden on anyone, wont be claiming benifits or such like, we just want to carry out our business, own our own house and do so in a better country than the UK!

Also, we know someone who runs a similar business in Melbourne, Ive heard of Employee sponsorship. Could he 'sponsor' us to work for him and is this expensive/difficult?

I will look forward to your thoughts!

Becky

I think you can look into state sponsored visas. they are the ones where having a recognised skill is the key (which it looks like you have). You don't happen to be a hair colourist do you? They get lots of points! liveinvictoria.gov.au has some info. being young healthy non smokers helps I think.

If you husband has the required skills to get a skilled PR visa as a plaster i would definately be going down that route over sponsership. Once granted PR he can then do what he likes not necessarily plastering, you also have much more stability and security than on a sponsership visa. Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Hi Becky

If you want to e-mail me both of your resumes I'll conduct an assessment of your options.

Go to www.australianvisagroup.com

Kind regards

Michelle

Reg Migration Agent 0636086