Any Irish or British Couples around the Shoalhaven or Illawarra

Hi,

We are a married couple in our 30's living in Berry NSW with our two fur babies, living in Australia 9 years, moved to Berry just over a year ago! looking for like minded couples in an around the area. We are easy going,love having a laugh, walks with our dogs, the outdoors & nature.

• 1 year later...

Hi Carol,

We arrived about three months ago and plan to stay, though not necessarily in the long term in Nowra (bless it). I am Australian but lived in London over 25 years; OH is a Scot, and has just been granted his 309 :) We brought our four Pommy cats with us, all settling in.

We're planning an expedition to the Berry Hotel one Friday night soon, if you fancy a pint!

Cheers,

Kat

• 2 months later...
Hi Carol,

We arrived about three months ago and plan to stay, though not necessarily in the long term in Nowra (bless it). I am Australian but lived in London over 25 years; OH is a Scot, and has just been granted his 309 :) We brought our four Pommy cats with us, all settling in.

We're planning an expedition to the Berry Hotel one Friday night soon, if you fancy a pint!

Cheers,

Kat

We're still waiting for our visa grant but my partner is from Nowra (bless him) and we're moving in June. Maybe see you then!

Good luck! Are you def moving back to Nowra? Not a lot of jobs here... or pubs... or much else - but close to some fab beaches and a train to Sydney. ;)

Thank you! It's stressful waiting and waiting and hearing nothing! We're moving to Nowra, with my partners family as temporary measure whilst we look for jobs and a house. We're not in a rush so going to 'feel it out' on the job front, if there's nothing suitable we will be looking to move somewhere a little more suitable. I've been to Nowra plenty of times from when I lived in Aus before. I'm from Portsmouth which has no shortage of pubs and jobs. It's going to be a complete change of pace for sure! I am looking in to property development so would potentially invest in something in Huskisson as a money maker. Who knows!

It seems to take a long time and then it suddenly happens. We applied end of last March and 100 granted mid September (literally the day after OH arrived, so we had to do the extra trip overseas to activate - god knows how they time it). Huskie and Vincentia have come up a lot recently so not the bargain they were a year ago, but you might do all right. New shopping centre and housing estates going up around the bay/Basin pushing the prices up. Let us know when you're coming though and we can meet up!!