You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Suzukiscottie

Motorcycling

Just curious as to how many bikers we have using the forums? Where are we all? Favourite places to ride? What bike have you got?

My bike is a '07 Suzuki GSX750F. My second one of these. Currently has around 60K on the odo. I've not been using it much lately due to health issues but hopefully that will change in the coming months. I usually head up to the hills around Kinglake, Healesville, Marysville and anywhere else that looks interesting. I ride for the enjoyment of it, not how fast I can get there.

When I eventually get around to changing my bike for something else, it'll probably be a dual-sport of some sort. There's way too many dirt roads that I can't explore with a road bike (although I have a few times accidentally!)

Got a vintage Kawasaki GPz750 (early '80's A1 model) in the garage too. For restoration at some point!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934288.564536.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934322.164636.jpg

And the old Kawa. Was last on the road in 2012.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934386.647079.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934288.564536.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934322.164636.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441934386.647079.jpg

From Kilmarnock, now in Melbourne :-)

We used to be, but hubby sold up on Road bikes not long after moving here. We have had everything over the years from VTR1000, CBR600R, GSXF, GSXR 600 and 750, we had some fantastic times in the UK out at weekends going to Devils Bridge via the Trough of Bowland ,we even did a tour of France one year with some friends and it was amazing.

I do miss it but too many idiot drivers and having kids with no other immediate family around took the fun out of it, not to mention how quick hubby seemed to collect speeding tickets,lol

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

I don't have a motorcycle but I do love them.My ex had an old Indian & Ariel,a Harley and his first motorcycle which was a Honda 750.We didn't have a car (until the kids came along)so went everywhere by bike,including camping trips lol.I saw a cool Enfield in town the other day!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix

This was our garage some time in the '90s.

marks_garage.jpg

There aren't many upsides to being widowed but I can at least fit my car in the garage now. :rolleyes:

The photo still appears on a fellow biker's website with the caption

"The next time SWMBO* starts grumbling about all those bikes, show her this pic. Worked for me. :laugh:

*SWMBO: She who must be obeyed"

Great motorcycling roads in Tassie, by the way, Suzukiscottie.

What a collection! That's a lot of batteries to keep charged though! :smile:

Tassie is on my list of places to go to on the bike. Never been before, and SWMBO wants to go for a holiday first, possibly next year. I guess that'll be my reccie trip!

This was our garage some time in the '90s.

marks_garage.jpg

Looks like someone's an RD fan. I spy a few original Elsie's in there - my first 'proper' bike!

Always had bikes from my 16th birthday until I moved to Aus - although the last few years in the UK I only had dirt bikes as riding on the road lost it's appeal (too many speed cameras and too much traffic)

Have considered getting one again in Sydney, but only for the commute to work. Would love to get a dirt bike again, but need to get out of the Sydney rat race first!

Edited by mxh

I stopped riding here in Belgium about 3 yrs ago, I've had FZ6-N, R6, R1, GASXR 1000 and blades, I've raced for about 5 yrs as well in the belgium amateur races, sprint and endurance races, used to love it, but having a child and putting my priorities elsewhere I stopped last year. I did do a sneaky track day this year, but the fun wasn't there ( as I wasn't as quick anymore).. Got plenty of trophies though :cool:

Thinking of getting an enduro bike when we get to Qld, just to explore the bush and beaches, but it all depends where we move to

NBC1 - Skippy.jpg

NBC1 - Skippy.jpg

I live more in 5mins of racing than most people do in the their entire lives!!

Rode bikes for over 20 years, almost always British bikes, Triumphs and Norton old and new. Had a couple of Japanese bikes over the years but never kept them long, just too vanilla. Back problems and crazy drivers stopped me riding in Australia but sometimes tempted to get back on a bike again now.

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me. 

Hi. I've got a couple of posties, a '48 BSA, a zx6r, and a bolwell scooter I fixed up for my gf. I tend to ride around west Melbourne but have done the GOR and Phillip Island for the MotoGP.

Hi. I've got a couple of posties, a '48 BSA, a zx6r, and a bolwell scooter I fixed up for my gf. I tend to ride around west Melbourne but have done the GOR and Phillip Island for the MotoGP.

We used to the GOR once or twice a month, we had friends that would do it every single weekend which I could never understand. Too many idiots on that road most days unfortunately.

The GOR on the bike has never really appealed to me. It's a lot of Km's to put in with lots of other tourists on the roads, just for a relatively short stretch of interesting coastline.

The GOR on the bike has never really appealed to me. It's a lot of Km's to put in with lots of other tourists on the roads, just for a relatively short stretch of interesting coastline.

Yes we were the same, just couldn't see the attraction every single week.

Tassie is on my list of places to go to on the bike. Never been before, and SWMBO wants to go for a holiday first, possibly next year. I guess that'll be my reccie trip!

This guy seemed pretty impressed with it..... "The Land of 100,000 Turns" he called it. :laugh:

The South Island of NZ is really great bike riding country too. My husband actually thought they kept their road surfaces in better condition than here.

used to ride all the time from about 16 yrs old to late 20s, rode al sorts, dr800, r1, cbr600, x5 200, hard tailed superdream, cx500 rat bike, the list goes on... need to get back into it, has been niggling at me for ages... considering a harley 883

My Aussie pictures - https://instagram.com/paulbell5/

used to ride all the time from about 16 yrs old to late 20s, rode al sorts, dr800, r1, cbr600, x5 200, hard tailed superdream, cx500 rat bike, the list goes on... need to get back into it, has been niggling at me for ages... considering a harley 883

What draws you to the Harley? I know quite a few people who have never been Harley people, who have subsequently gone out and joined the orange and black leather jacket crowd.

What draws you to the Harley? I know quite a few people who have never been Harley people, who have subsequently gone out and joined the orange and black leather jacket crowd.

i think i just want to see what all the fuss is about, it's one bike i've never riden and it's pretty affordable for a new 883... plus they seem to hold their value really well...... also i now have a beard lol

My Aussie pictures - https://instagram.com/paulbell5/

I didn't think clean shaven types were allowed to buy Harley's anyway.

Never been on one either. In fact I've never even been on any foot-forward type of bike at all.

True about the value; if you don't like it, you shouldn't lose too much money if you decide to offload it.

i think i just want to see what all the fuss is about, it's one bike i've never riden and it's pretty affordable for a new 883... plus they seem to hold their value really well...... also i now have a beard lol

I was looking at those too PP,a few weeks ago!Downloaded an image off the website as my screensaver!I need to buy a copy of Back Street Heroes,I'm getting bike withdrawal symptoms!:cry:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix

Will be moving to Taelim Bend next year from the UK, my first port of call will be the Yamaha dealership for a MT-09 Tracer.

Been riding everyday for 16 years, you'll never keep me off a bike...

My OH loves them. He's had loads of motocross bikes in the UK from when he was 3, comes from a big motocross family. He had a Ninja shortly before we left for Australia to get to work on though. He's starting a new collection now he has garage space though and now has a Suzuki DRZ 400 which he goes off into the bush with his mates and his GPS and a fully restored Yamaha YZ490 1983 which he covets like a second wife, actually more like a Mistress :laugh: He plans on riding it in VMX races next year. Me? I'm still waiting for my jet ski !:tongue:

First time out on the Zook in a very long time time. Ive been putting it off until I felt physically strong enough to handle it after health issues earlier this year.

I only went 30 or 40 km around the suburbs, and now I'm knackered!

Diego need to put in a bit more saddle-time now that the weather is nicer.

88080ff4fc724bbf0a71c216920935d5.jpg

A bit more saddle-time put in yesterday. A nice little refreshment stop in Ivanhoe.

8f2107a6a9a7669f450627fa5b4d7d3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a few bikes in my younger days and it's been 15 years since my last. I remember buying a brand new Triumph Bonneville in 1974 for $2000. Sometimes I get the feeling I would like to get another bike but I'm now in my 60s, the traffic has become horrendous and do I really want to put on a helmet and leather gear on a warm sunny day? I tell myself I would rather have a sporty little convertible - don't have to wear a helmet, more comfortable, can listen to my music, have a smoke, converse with passenger and is far less dangerous for an old bloke. But I would still like a bike.

Hiw much did you spend cleaning the oil off the driveway from under the Triumph?

I like to ride so that I don't have to talk to anyone. No music, no distractions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Suzukiscottie