189 visa lodged September 2015

Selina Smith

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does baby's name now appear on the eLodgement page? Have you paid the application charge to add baby onto the visa?

My Babies name does not appear on the elodgement page. I am still waiting for the CO to reply to add it. Is there a way I can add it and pay it manually.

We got our visa this morning in the early hours. It feels very surreal however sure it will sink in once we get organising things. We submitted our visa application on 8th September and had CO contact on 16th October. Exactly 2 months from our CO contact the visa elf came....Lovely to get our visa before christmas now the fun begins with lots of planning

Congratulations to you and the others that received their grants over the past 2 days. It seems that no one hears anything for a while and then a few get granted around the same time. Yes lots of planning to do now, will be all worth it when you're sat on the beach, cold beer in hand!!! :-) xx

My Babies name does not appear on the elodgement page. I am still waiting for the CO to reply to add it. Is there a way I can add it and pay it manually.

I'd say to click the request complete button now, that way the CO will get to see the information you've provided and add the child to the immiaccount.

Hey Everybody,

My husband and I got picked up in the September invitation round and case completed on 05 Nov. I've been keeping an eye on the forum and looks like quite a few with similar timelines have had their visa grant in the last couple of weeks. We've just exchanged contracts for our house sale (which we would be doing whether we are moving to OZ or not) but we would really like to go end of Jan/beginning of Feb. Any advice for a very frazzled and anxious me still waiting?

Our dates: EOI July. Invitation received 07/09/15 189 application submitted 10/09/15. Allocated CO 19/10/15. UK police checks received 04/11/15. Medicals completed: 27/10/15. Case Complete: 05/11/15.

Thanks!

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed accidental hyperlink

Hey Everybody,

My husband and I got picked up in the September invitation round and case completed on 05 Nov. I've been keeping an eye on the forum and looks like quite a few with similar timelines have had their visa grant in the last couple of weeks. We've just exchanged contracts for our house sale (which we would be doing whether we are moving to OZ or not) but we would really like to go end of Jan/beginning of Feb. Any advice for a very frazzled and anxious me still waiting?

Our dates: EOI July. Invitation received 07/09/15 189 application submitted 10/09/15. Allocated CO 19/10/15. UK police checks received 04/11/15. Medicals completed: 27/10/15. Case Complete: 05/11/15.

Thanks!

Very very difficult to say. There's so much variation at the moment, but what I have noticed recently is that some people who completed their application within days of applying are getting fairly fast decisions, some within a couple of weeks, whereas people that have either waited for meds and PCC's to be asked for, or submitted them weeks after the application, have a considerably longer wait.

This isn't true in all cases though as you may get your visa tomorrow, or in 6 months.

You should allow at least three months from being allocated, or the date that you submitted your last document, whichever later. Unfortunately, you'll only know if you have been allocated when you either receive a decision, or the department contacts you for more information.

I'd reckon that you should either hear something within the next 2 months, if not then it may be that your application is subject to some additional external or internal checks. External checks are when the department asks an outside agency, such as ASIO (Australian Intelligence) or a government agency in your own country. If this happens then the timeframe depends on the performance of that agency to provide the information to DIBP. Internal checks are the responsibility of DIBP, and usually involve checking a persons previous travel/visas to Australia and/or any customs or arrival declarations in your name.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quoted reference

Very very difficult to say. There's so much variation at the moment, but what I have noticed recently is that some people who completed their application within days of applying are getting fairly fast decisions, some within a couple of weeks, whereas people that have either waited for meds and PCC's to be asked for, or submitted them weeks after the application, have a considerably longer wait.

This isn't true in all cases though as you may get your visa tomorrow, or in 6 months.

You should allow at least three months from being allocated, or the date that you submitted your last document, whichever later. Unfortunately, you'll only know if you have been allocated when you either receive a decision, or the department contacts you for more information.

I'd reckon that you should either hear something within the next 2 months, if not then it may be that your application is subject to some additional external or internal checks. External checks are when the department asks an outside agency, such as ASIO (Australian Intelligence) or a government agency in your own country. If this happens then the timeframe depends on the performance of that agency to provide the information to DIBP. Internal checks are the responsibility of DIBP, and usually involve checking a persons previous travel/visas to Australia and/or any customs or arrival declarations in your name.

Thanks for your advice CaptainC, lets hope its not 6 months!! :)

Hi all,

I received my EOI invite on 7th Sep 2015, submitted the payment & application on 12th Oct and received my visa grant on Xmas eve- best news ever!!!!!!!!!!!

CAPTAIN C, thank you so much for answering my queries along the way, you were priceless :cool:

Good luck to you all..................HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

I received my EOI invite on 7th Sep 2015, submitted the payment & application on 12th Oct and received my visa grant on Xmas eve- best news ever!!!!!!!!!!!

CAPTAIN C, thank you so much for answering my queries along the way, you were priceless :cool:

Good luck to you all..................HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Jambolina!! What a nice Christmas present that was!

Sooooo we got a request on 30 December for an acpo poloce

check... We had submitted a Disclosure one and then just heard we needed the acpo one. Also had a request for proof of marital separation/divorce

so frustrating that we had contact on 20 October and they didn't ask for it then. :mad:

Sooooo we got a request on 30 December for an acpo poloce

check... We had submitted a Disclosure one and then just heard we needed the acpo one. Also had a request for proof of marital separation/divorce

so frustrating that we had contact on 20 October and they didn't ask for it then. :mad:

They are both standard documents that need to be included. dibP is very clear that they need proof that previous marriages have ended, and Disclosure police checks have never been accepted, ACPO is the one you need.

Hey Everybody,

Thanks!

Your CO should look at your file anytime now, they have been processing cases with CO contact date between (roughly) 20.10 - to about 5.11 (there are some outstanding cases for September as well, but only few of them are remaining) - so I guess you would receive your grant very soon.

OMGGGGGGGGGGG we just got granted!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you to everyone who has shared this journey along the way. It's felt never ending at times but knowing we aren't alone made all the difference. Fingers crossed those still waiting get the good news soon. Take care all

Your CO should look at your file anytime now, they have been processing cases with CO contact date between (roughly) 20.10 - to about 5.11 (there are some outstanding cases for September as well, but only few of them are remaining) - so I guess you would receive your grant very soon.

We also got the visa grant this morning! Thanks to everyone who gave us advice, such a relief to finally have it and certainly makes the waiting worth it! Congratulations twosocks!

Best wishes to everyone still waiting xx

OMGGGGGGGGGGG we just got granted!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you to everyone who has shared this journey along the way. It's felt never ending at times but knowing we aren't alone made all the difference. Fingers crossed those still waiting get the good news soon. Take care all

Congratulations to the both of you!!! Great news!!! Xx

Well done to everyone who has received their grants. Just a quick question, what are the average waiting times people are seeing responses from the CO?

we submitted received our invitation and was given a case officer extremely quickly within 10 days which we wasn't expecting as we were planning to front load Medicals and PCC's. We weren't asked for form 80 or anything else just Medicals and police checks. All of this was uploaded by the 3rd of December and obviously out 28 days was met and has been and gone. Just wondering how long people usually wait as I can see on here some people have been waiting months but from what I can see most have been contacted by the CO and asked for addition info.

Thanks in in advance for the help.

We also got the visa grant this morning! Thanks to everyone who gave us advice, such a relief to finally have it and certainly makes the waiting worth it! Congratulations twosocks!

Best wishes to everyone still waiting xx

Congratulations to you both!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all. We got our visa grant today!!!! Applied 23/09, Co 28/10, uploaded docs 9/11.

For some reason we have only been given until the 15th March 2016 to make first entry. I thought it was 12 months from the visa grant or PCC/medicals?? In which case I was expecting the 11th September 2016 to be our first entry date. Has anyone else been given only 4 months to make first entry? I don't understand how they came to this date?

Eventually after a 2 month wait (!!!), immigration have finally responded to my query regarding an early first entry date on our visa grant. They have confirmed that because I had to do a health undertaking my medical is only valid for 6 months. I thought that was the case so we have organised a validation trip, good job we weren't willing to wait 2 months for them to explain! Medicals are therefore not always valid for 12 months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

There is no thread for September applicants so thought I would start it off....

I'm applying under Early Childhood Teacher with 60 points. My husband and two children are also on the application.

I've just completed the 189 form but haven't pressed the pay button just yet, I'm going to go over my information again (for the 5th time!). Don't feel ready to spend almost £4000 without a guaranteed outcome lol

Good luck to everyone lodging their application this month!

Hi Selina!!

im just waiting for my skills to be assessed as an Early Childhood Teaxher which should be back in 3 weeks or so then I will lodge my eoi - how long did your invitation take after lodging yours?

thanks

emma

Edited by CaptainC
Fixed quote