Paul Norman

Need visa advice-fairly complicated situation

Hello PomsinOz,

I've got a fairly complicated issue with a 189 Visa which I need some advice with.

I sat the Plumbing TRA in June on a working holiday Visa (which has now expired), and made a bit of a mess of it so I still have to return to complete it. Victoria University have emailed me saying I can return to finish the assessment, but it can only be done in Australia/London. Since I'm in New Zealand right now, I would prefer to do the test in Australia.

My issue is that I can't find out which Visa I need to enter Australia to finish the assessment (probably a mornings work left to do). I have tried contacting the Australian consulate in Auckland, and they never got back to me.

If anyone can help me with this/point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Paul

Surely a just visitor visa would be OK. You are not studying or working. You can apply on line easily. Check the restrictions but I can't see any problem.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

A visitors visa, you may need to show that you have an outward flight booked to get the visa after having a WHV. But you can show you have genuine reason to return to Australia to complete the assessment that would be taken in to consideration if requested details for the reason for your trip.

Yes, a visitor visa. I was able to do my skills assessment while on the same visa. It allows for some business use although it doesn't allow you to work.

Like lebourvellec says above, you must have arrangements to leave the country already in place, such as a return or onward flight.

Ship's Master - Permanent Resident - PomsInOz Forum Moderator