EOI Invitation Round - 7th September 2015

CaptainC

On the basis of the current trend, I'm not confident that it will happen for you. There is an unprecedented amount of people applying under the accountant occupation. There is enough evidence of people who haven't got through even with 65 points and EOI's submitted a lot earlier than yours.

If the trend continues, it's likely that no 60 point applicants will be getting through. This will be worsened by the External Auditor occupation filling up rapidly and likely to be either closed or put on pro rata by next month, then those applicants will be all applying under 'accountant'.

I'd look into trying to increase your points if I were you. Retaking IELTS or PTE is a popular way of doing this.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the outlook is not looking good at the moment.

CaptainC, Not even in another 6 - 9 Months :( ?

I don't mind giving Ielts but getting 8 or more is tough for me in writing ....do you think PTE is better scorer ? If my score increase, Do I need to again go through with the same process of CPA Australia? or just update the new score in EOI.

Another thing: I got the skill assessment done from CPA Australia : based on the application they counted my current employment till july 2015, I am still in the same job, I know few months will not make a difference, but how about next year, again I need to get my skill assessment done ??

Thank you so much for your help !! Really appreciate it :)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I have currently submitted my EOI for sub class 189 P.R. This my point test breakdown:

-English language ability: PTE (L: 82, R: 90, W: 88, S: 85) = 20

- Level of educational qualification: Master of Accounting = 15

- Australian study requirement = 5

TOTAL = 70 point.

Submitted on 24/8/2015, General Accountant 2211.

I was under the impression that the next invitation round was on 7/9/2015 and the required point for this month is 65. However, I still have not got my invitation for this round. Is there any possibilities of delayed process or any other circumstances?

Does anyone have any idea about this situation? Thanks a lot

Hi everyone,

HELP????????? I completed my EOI & received an invitation to apply for the 189 visa on 7th Sep :-) Now when I log into Skills Select there is just a blue button, which I assume once I hit that it will take me through to the page where you upload your documents?? I'm a wee bit confused!

2) I have 60 days to upload the supporting documents. Does that mean I have to submit my police check and medicals within this time too? I haven't applied for them yet! Or can I wait till a CO is allocated and do it when they instruct me? If I don't upload everything required within the 60 days, will it reject me or will the CO ask for further evidence when he/she is allocated my application.

3) Once I START uploading the required documents, do I pay the visa fee upfront? Soooooo scary paying all that money with no guarantees of getting in!

I would rly appreciate your help

Thanks

I haven't applied through an EOI, so can't help with that but I assume pressing the blue button would take you to the visa application pages. You need to complete the application, THEN pay, and after that you can begin uploading your documents. You don't need to complete the medical or police checks yet (CO will ask for them if you haven't got them by the time they're assessing your application).

Hi everyone,

I've submitted my EOI for visa 189 under Mechanical Engineer - 233512 on 13-Aug-2015 with 60 points. Do you have any rough idea when I might be invited?

Thank you

Hello guys, me too, i have submitted EOI via agent last AUgust 3 and reupdated it on Sept 7, I claimed 60 points for Registered Nurse. Based with the flow of applications, how likely will I receive an invite this October rounds? as well as my occupation ceiling was like 15,000 but only 510 given, any thoughts? thank you

Hi everyone,

yet again... Confusion has hit!!

1) Is the CO allocated within the 60 days you have to submit your documents, or after you have submitted the application in full?

2) What is Form 80 I keep seeing people talk about?

3) How do I open an Immi Account?

Thanks

1. The application is usually allocated between 6-8 weeks.

You should complete upload of all documents within a month of paying the visa application charge (VAC)

The 60 days is when an invitation expires, you must pay the VAC within 60 days of the dates of your invitation.

2. Form 80 is a supplementary form to support the character assessment (this is asked for on a lot of applications and it is recommended that you complete it as it is a very involved form)

3. When you apply it will prompt you to open the immiaccount.

Immiaccount is where you will upload the documents.

1. The application is usually allocated between 6-8 weeks.

You should complete upload of all documents within a month of paying the visa application charge (VAC)

The 60 days is when an invitation expires, you must pay the VAC within 60 days of the dates of your invitation.

2. Form 80 is a supplementary form to support the character assessment (this is asked for on a lot of applications and it is recommended that you complete it as it is a very involved form)

3. When you apply it will prompt you to open the immiaccount.

Immiaccount is where you will upload the documents.

THANKS CAPTAIN C!!!!

* Where do I locate form 80 & do I upload that too? Is there a way to check if it is required for my particular application, or is it a must for 189 visa applicants?

* Should I complete my PCC & medicals within this 60 days too? Will that help speed things up when a CO is assigned, the fact that there already completed?

THANKS CAPTAIN C!!!!

* Where do I locate form 80 & do I upload that too? Is there a way to check if it is required for my particular application, or is it a must for 189 visa applicants?

* Should I complete my PCC & medicals within this 60 days too? Will that help speed things up when a CO is assigned, the fact that there already completed?

Form 80 is here

You should complete the meds after you have applied to avoid delays. You can apply for PCC's now if you like, but beware that the meds and PCC are only valid for a year and the earlier of these will be one year to your latest entry date to activate your visa.

Edited by CaptainC

Form 80 is here

You should complete the meds after you have applied to avoid delays. You can apply for PCC's now if you like, but beware that the meds and PCC are only valid for a year and the earlier of these will be one year to your latest entry date to activate your visa.

Thanks again...Final questions for today....I'm still not sure if form 80 HAS to be completed, but thank you.

1) The form 80 asks about countries you have visited in the last 10 years. There's no way I have kept a log of everywhere I have been on holiday. Any advice what to do?

It sure is a huge form!

Thanks again...Final questions for today....I'm still not sure if form 80 HAS to be completed, but thank you.

1) The form 80 asks about countries you have visited in the last 10 years. There's no way I have kept a log of everywhere I have been on holiday. Any advice what to do?

It sure is a huge form!

It isn't always asked for, there's no real pattern for who gets asked for Form 80 and why.

The general consensus is that if you have had previous criminal convictions, extensive travel history, military service or several visits to Australia then you will be almost 100% guaranteed to be asked. If you don't fit into any of the above then it's 50/50 that you'd be requested to complete it.

Unfortunately you'll have to make every effort to complete all sections of the form. I had to list 10 years of travel and it took me 3 or 4 months of going through everything I had, old emails, Facebook posts, old cruise ship brochures for when I was working. I needed about 60 additional pages. It's not easy

I submitted EOI on 3rd June and 9th June for NSW and VIC for SS for ICT Business Analyst 261111 with 55 points + 5 points. I have not received any invitation till now.

My Work Experience Starts from Nov 2008 to till now . But ACS has taken only from Nov 2012. After this Nov 2015 i think , the total points comes around 60.

I had attempted PTE Academic twice. First - English Proficient , Second Also - English Proficient.

Edited by Hashtag

I submitted EOI on 3rd June and 9th June for NSW and VIC for SS for ICT Business Analyst 261111 with 55 points + 5 points. I have not received any invitation till now.

My Work Experience Starts from Nov 2008 to till now . But ACS has taken only from Nov 2012. After this Nov 2015 i think , the total points comes around 60.

I had attempted PTE Academic twice. First - English Proficient , Second Also - English Proficient.

There's no data for 190 state sponsorship, as far as I know, so it's very difficult to say when or if you are going to be invited.

This thread is only concerned with the 7th Sept invitation round which deals with 189 & 489 applicants. But, if the 189/489 data is anything to go by then I'm afraid it appears that you will be in for a long wait.

You are probably best to wait until you gain the extra work experience and then apply for 189 as well if you have the requisite points, but keep the SS active as well to enhance your chances.

Hi, didn't go thru in the September 7 round.. hoping for October 5 round. But why is it not official yet? Why is the September 7 round results not updated??? Anyone got a clue, coz I want to check the 60 point cut off date for Sept 7 round?

The date of the next round has not been released yet, but it is expected to be 5th October.

The results from the sept won't be produced until next week (estimated).

Be patient.

I'm an ICT BA (went through RPL route) that also got no experience points, and ended up with 60+5 (with 20 language points) for NSW.

EOI Lodged: 30 April

Invited to apply: 7 May

Hope that helps @Hashtag

Edited by supercow

I'm a bit sad today.

7 September. The results:

Points scores and the visa dates of effect cut off for the above occupations in the 7 September 2015 invitation round

[TABLE=class: table-100, width: 475]

[TR]

[TH=bgcolor: #4D4D4D !important]Points[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #4D4D4D !important]Description[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #4D4D4D !important]Points score[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #4D4D4D !important]Visa date of effect[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #FAFAFA]2211 [/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #FAFAFA]Accountants [/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #FAFAFA]70 [/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #FAFAFA]6 August 2015 11.13 am[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2611 [/TD]

[TD]ICT Business and System Analysts [/TD]

[TD]65 [/TD]

[TD]16 July 2015 3.28 am[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #FAFAFA]2613 [/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #FAFAFA]Software and Applications Programmers [/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #FAFAFA]60 [/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #FAFAFA]9 May 2015 7.16 pm[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Note: ​the following occupation group has reached its ceiling and no more invitations will be issue during the 2015-16 programme year:

• 2212 – Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasures

About me: Accountant general, 65 points, EOI submitted 20/08/15, subclass 189

This is my first post but I read the comments quite often. Thank you very much to everyone who share their experience and knowledge. I really appreciate that.

Bad news for Occupation (2212) as follows

Note: ​the following occupation group has reached its ceiling and no more invitations will be issue during the 2015-16 programme year:

• 2212 – Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasures.

And as per the occupation ceiling provided by skill select, only 20 Accountants were invited in September intake.

Results of September 7 2015 invitation available n following SkillSelect Website

https://www.border.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/SkillSelect-7-September-2015-Round-Results.aspx

From October, there will be 2 invitation round every month. Good luck to all my friends out there.