EOI Invitation Round - 7th September 2015

CaptainC

Hi,

I have applied for EOI (Account 2211) on 13th July 2015 with 65 Points.

I have check the website and saw that the cut off date for account in last invitation round (3rd August 2015) was at 2nd July 2015 with 65 Points.

Do I still have the chance to get invited this time?

I am anxious because I have not gotten any invitation by now (3rd August 2015).

My Visa 485 is expiring this month and I am not sure what to do...

Any advice???

For a 189 visa?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you checked your skillselect account this morning? Or your emails?

Alternatively if you've gone through a migration agent, have you spoken to them this morning?

Yes I have checked and there is no email.. I have also check my Skill Select account and the status was still "SUBMITTED".

I have applied myself without agent...

I have checked my email continuously since yesterday night and there was no news at all..

Is it possible that the cut-off date for accountant is at 70 points or anytime earlier than 13th July 2015???

Yes I have checked and there is no email.. I have also check my Skill Select account and the status was still "SUBMITTED".

I have applied myself without agent...

I have checked my email continuously since yesterday night and there was no news at all..

Is it possible that the cut-off date for accountant is at 70 points or anytime earlier than 13th July 2015???

I'm afraid that it appears you haven't been invited this time. It's very unlikely that you will receive an invitation now as the emails have already been sent out and skillselect statuses changed.

As you know there is extremely high demand for accountants and your suggestion that the points, or date cut off is higher or earlier than yours is probably accurate.

You'll have to wait until the next round which I believe is on the 5th October.

I realise that your current substantive visa runs out later this month and I'm not aware of any possible visas that would allow you to remain in Australia. You wouldn't ordinarily be eligible for a bridging visa as you don't have an application in progress for another substantive visa.

The best course of action now is to either depart Australia before your 485 runs out and await the invitation to apply for the 189 offshore (you would not get a bridging visa for an offshore application) or better still contact a registered migration agent to arrange a consultation and to form a plan using their expertise.

I'm afraid that it appears you haven't been invited this time. It's very unlikely that you will receive an invitation now as the emails have already been sent out and skillselect statuses changed.

As you know there is extremely high demand for accountants and your suggestion that the points, or date cut off is higher or earlier than yours is probably accurate.

You'll have to wait until the next round which I believe is on the 5th October.

I realise that your current substantive visa runs out later this month and I'm not aware of any possible visas that would allow you to remain in Australia. You wouldn't ordinarily be eligible for a bridging visa as you don't have an application in progress for another substantive visa.

The best course of action now is to either depart Australia before your 485 runs out and await the invitation to apply for the 189 offshore (you would not get a bridging visa for an offshore application) or better still contact a registered migration agent to arrange a consultation and to form a plan using their expertise.

It is unbelievable as I have never seen accountant cut-off date being at 70 points or 10 days after that last cut-off date.

If that is that case, I am not in luck...

Thanks anyway for your reply..

It is unbelievable as I have never seen accountant cut-off date being at 70 points or 10 days after that last cut-off date.

If that is that case, I am not in luck...

Thanks anyway for your reply..

Neither have I.

The occupation ceiling is a lot lower than last year which makes a big difference.

There was only 447 invitations available in this round for your occupation, and if the amount of posts I've seen on this forum alone by people applying under Accountants is anything to go by, then I'm not surprised.

Neither have I.

The occupation ceiling is a lot lower than last year which makes a big difference.

There was only 447 invitations available in this round for your occupation, and if the amount of posts I've seen on this forum alone by people applying under Accountants is anything to go by, then I'm not surprised.

Just another quick question, do you think I stand a huge chance to get an invitation next round?

I am planning to get a vistor visa to come back to Australia for couple of months to wait for this invitation if there is still a chance..

I am working as a full-time employee now for more than a year as an accountant.. But if I were to take a visitor pass, I will have to put my employment on-hold or quit my job..

Just another quick question, do you think I stand a huge chance to get an invitation next round?

I am planning to get a vistor visa to come back to Australia for couple of months to wait for this invitation if there is still a chance..

I am working as a full-time employee now for more than a year as an accountant.. But if I were to take a visitor pass, I will have to put my employment on-hold or quit my job..

If you'd have asked me yesterday if you'd have a chance in September's round then I likely would have said yes. On that basis I'll abstain on answering that question as I honestly don't know. The trend in accountants applying for visas has gone above all expectations and there is no real way to predict results in the future for these pro rata occupations.

I don't think that a visitor visa will allow you to remain in Australia to wait for a visa, and you could seriously harm your chances if you used the visitor visa in this way.

I'll harp back to my earlier recommendation and strongly advise that you consult a MARA registered agent at the earliest opportunity, preferably today.

Hi ,

i didn't get invited today :(. but i am hoping that for next round. congrats to those who received invitation and comes out from a shell of tension.

good luck to every one.

Congrats!!! I submitted EOI for Software Programmer (261313) as well on 12th May and hope to get the invitation on October round, not lucky this round though :(

Does any one know how to check that how many invitations are given to a particular occupation in each invitation round. like in my case, how many invitations are given for 312412 category in Aug and sep round.

If any one know please suggest.

Click on the Occupation ceilings tab here: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil

Best regards.

@ Allan collette: this is the list of those occupation which are at ceiling values. i want to know the number of invitations processed and given for my occupation 312412( electronics engineering technician). is there any website where we can check that in AUG and SEP round. how many invitation are given to applicant of my anzsco code.

thank you.

@ Allan collette: this is the list of those occupation which are at ceiling values. i want to know the number of invitations processed and given for my occupation 312412( electronics engineering technician). is there any website where we can check that in AUG and SEP round. how many invitation are given to applicant of my anzsco code.

thank you.

Not so far as I know - no.

Best regards.

thank you.

Only 1 invitation has been issued in total for your entire group since 1st July 2015, but not including the invitation round held yesterday.

(It is in the right hand column on the link that @Alan Collett provided you)