family sponsored visa for a motor mechanic

biffo

Hi,

We are looking at a family sponsored visa for my brother-in-law. He is 20 and has been a mechanic since leaving school. Step 1, he did the self assessment at tradeset.com.au but we are unsure as to what the required results are to be acceptable for the TRA. Has anyone gone through this process or know anything about it?

Also has anyone done or know about the family sponsored thing for skilled migration?

Hi,

We are looking at a family sponsored visa for my brother-in-law. He is 20 and has been a mechanic since leaving school. Step 1, he did the self assessment at tradeset.com.au but we are unsure as to what the required results are to be acceptable for the TRA. Has anyone gone through this process or know anything about it?

Also has anyone done or know about the family sponsored thing for skilled migration?

Family sponsorship for skilled migration is not a simple exercise and if successful results in a provisional (temporary) visa.

May I suggest that you would be well advised to consult a registered migration agent to develop a visa strategy?

Thanks for the input so far. It looks like he may get enough points for subclass 189, the 489 was a last resort if he couldn't get over the line.

The 457 would have been great as an alternative to the 489 but finding an employer to sponsor is not easy (hen's teeth).

Any more advice is welcome.

Family sponsorship for skilled migration is not a simple exercise and if successful results in a provisional (temporary) visa.

May I suggest that you would be well advised to consult a registered migration agent to develop a visa strategy?

Unfortunately, I was well and truly conned on the migration agent front when I migrated. I paid premium price for a much less than premium service, almost ran out of time to apply due to the incompetence of their staff who left my assessment application in 'the out tray' for 6 months. Then the company dissolved, taking my money including over 1000 GBP for a 'resettlement program' which never happened off into neverland. Mysteriously another, unrelated, agency appeared out of nowhere and took on my visa handling (waiting for a response letter from diac) free of charge :/

This is obviously not a normal experience but has adjusted my faith in agents who may have a place in migration but only as a very lastest last resort in my opinion. No offence is intended to yourself or any of the other agents who may be valid, trustworthy and reputable.

Thanks for the input so far. It looks like he may get enough points for subclass 189, the 489 was a last resort if he couldn't get over the line.

The 457 would have been great as an alternative to the 489 but finding an employer to sponsor is not easy (hen's teeth).

Any more advice is welcome.

The 189 is the best visa if he can get it. Never seen anyone so young get a skilled migrant visa, there is no minimum age limit of course, but usually people do not have enough experience. So I would say the next thing to do is to look into the skills assessment for his chosen occupation and see if he can pass it. That is often the hardest step in the whole process, so if it looks like he can get that hie is on excellent ground.

Unfortunately, I was well and truly conned on the migration agent front when I migrated. I paid premium price for a much less than premium service, almost ran out of time to apply due to the incompetence of their staff who left my assessment application in 'the out tray' for 6 months. Then the company dissolved, taking my money including over 1000 GBP for a 'resettlement program' which never happened off into neverland. Mysteriously another, unrelated, agency appeared out of nowhere and took on my visa handling (waiting for a response letter from diac) free of charge :/

This is obviously not a normal experience but has adjusted my faith in agents who may have a place in migration but only as a very lastest last resort in my opinion. No offence is intended to yourself or any of the other agents who may be valid, trustworthy and reputable.

Registered migration agents must carry professional indemnity insurance to cover clients in the circumstances you have described.

Unregistered agents are unregulated and can do as they please.

Some organisations advertise that they retain the services of a registered migration agent as a 'consultant'. It does not follow that a client will be represented by a RMA and receive the protections that implies.

Edited by wrussell