What does living in Australia mean to you versus living in the UK?

North to South

The climate wasn't a reason for us moving either. My Australian husband lived in the UK for 13 years and just became homesick. He was born in Brisbane but went back to the UK with his Mum and little sister after his Dad died. He joined the British Army and was a Paratrooper for a number of years. His Mum and sister stayed in the UK.

I can't remember the specific reason(s) why I came to Oz in 1978. It could have been the weather. It could have been the bizarre idea of seasons at the 'wrong' time of the year, or perhaps it was just wanting an adventure. Once you stay long enough in one place, you generally become embedded there, so my twelve years back in the UK could have been 'for life' had I not wanted to come to Sydney again.

I don't know what the facts are, but perhaps if your 'ping-pong Pomming' means moving every couple of years, you don't 'embed' yourself in either country? I live in OZ, love English football and newspapers and TV, but have no desire to return to England.

Both countries offer different things to different people. Neither is going to suit everyone. The people are exactly the same, most happy, some unhappy and some just downright miserable. The weather for some is better in Australia and for others better here. Australia is expensive whereas it never used to be. Just 2 first world countries and we happen to favour one over the other and have no desire to return to the other.

I bet Australia is glad also:wink:

You mean Australia as a country ? I'm not sure a country would be able to feel an emotion, it is after all just a big land mass. If you mean the population of a country I only knew a tiny tiny % of the population plus my family of course and they seemed upset at our leaving, it's possible they were putting it on though and perhaps they threw a big party when we had left.

You mean Australia as a country ? I'm not sure a country would be able to feel an emotion, it is after all just a big land mass. If you mean the population of a country I only knew a tiny tiny % of the population plus my family of course and they seemed upset at our leaving, it's possible they were putting it on though and perhaps they threw a big party when we had left.

It could be any of the above:wink:

I'm not sure it could to be fair, the country as a mass of dirt and rock would be unable to feel the emotion and certainly wouldn't be able to express that emotion which would be very frustrating if indeed it could express frustration, which it cant.

I thought about using google for a laugh but decided not to as too tired

So I'll just give a smiley

:rolleyes:

Hows the weather

We had a massive storm here this morning it was wonderful to see not to drive in though

Next thing glorious sunshine

Aint the weather funny wherever you are