Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot - OCCUPATION REMOVED July 2017

CaptainR

On 24/12/2018 at 10:42, mariner2017 said:

Anyone recently got grant through Ships Master occupation?

Hi everyone, I just joined this forum.

Understand that Ship's Master category may still be available under certain provinces and will be subject to some restrictions.

Is anyone else planning for COR this year.

Will it be worth trying our luck, suggestions are welcome.

Thankyou.

• Like 1

On 06/01/2019 at 18:16, Capt Arun said:

Hi everyone, I just joined this forum.

Understand that Ship's Master category may still be available under certain provinces and will be subject to some restrictions.

Is anyone else planning for COR this year.

Will it be worth trying our luck, suggestions are welcome.

Thankyou.

Depends on your circumstances, if you are keen, it's a good idea to clear COR Orals and be ready to grab any opportunity. However, please keep in mind the monitory commitments required in the process...it does not come cheap! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2019 at 05:30, mariner2017 said:

Dear all,

I have received my 489 visa grant visa state nomination (Tasmania) in Ships Master occupation on 15 Jan 2019. Anyone from the group is in Tasmania currently or planning to move to Tasmania?  Will be delighted to get connected.

Cheers!

Many congrats Captain !!

Could you please share some details, such as how to go about COR, latest questions, any materials. 

On 23/01/2019 at 20:33, Capt Arun said:

Many congrats Captain !!

Could you please share some details, such as how to go about COR, latest questions, any materials. 

Hi Capt Arun,

For skill assessment, please go through AMSA website - https://www.amsa.gov.au/forms/application-assessment-overseas-qualifications-purpose-migration-application

Pls also go through the 1st post of this thread, there are lots of materials including old questions.

All the best!

• Like 1

On 31/01/2019 at 20:09, Harsimran singh said:

Congratulations sir 

Could you please share your details, as to when can tlk to you over. 

Thanks 

Harsimran 

Hi Harsimran,

Please go through these links - Cheers!!

https://www.amsa.gov.au/forms/application-assessment-overseas-qualifications-purpose-migration-application

https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/skilled_migrants/skilled_regional

https://theterritory.com.au/migrate/migrate-to-work/northern-territory-government-visa-nomination/nt-migration-occupation-list

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I hope everyone is doing great!

has anyone worked or know anything about INCO ship pty ltd.?! 

I have been offered a temporary position as a first engineer and currently i work for TK ..the money is better than what TK is giving but the question is 

how about the other work aspects?

appreciate your answers!

• 2 weeks later...

Good day to all,

I am glad to see many of us Mariners are getting jobs in Australia after acquiring PR Visa, sooner or later.

It has taken a while for me since, I got my PR Visa in 2015. But still awaiting for my first maritime job in Australia.

To add more, I had to move back to India in 2016 after loosing financial security.

And now working in Indian offshore till date since I came back to India.

I am requesting the seniors to guide me in getting a job in offshore DP vessel ( I have Full DP license & Master's unlimited License).

My plan is to come back to Australia again to start my child's school in 2020.

I need a more specific direction to get job in Australia, or else its difficult to keep the PR visa valid & to achieve the long term goal of securing child's future.

Sincerely.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

my gf she start process to get working visa to australia. I will connect under her visa. What are job prospects for senior engineer(2nd eng-1assistant engineer) with 11 years experience in offshore.

Cheers

Edited by martin1987

14 hours ago, martin1987 said:

Hi guys

my gf she start process to get working visa to australia. I will connect under her visa. What are job prospects for senior engineer(2nd eng-1assistant engineer) with 11 years experience in offshore.

Cheers

Generally, offshore job prospects are a bit bleak last couple of years or so...however, heard from people that it's being picking up presently. You may keep checking seek.com to get an idea... Cheers!

On 26/02/2019 at 03:37, Sevenseas1982 said:

Good day to all,

I am glad to see many of us Mariners are getting jobs in Australia after acquiring PR Visa, sooner or later.

It has taken a while for me since, I got my PR Visa in 2015. But still awaiting for my first maritime job in Australia.

To add more, I had to move back to India in 2016 after loosing financial security.

And now working in Indian offshore till date since I came back to India.

I am requesting the seniors to guide me in getting a job in offshore DP vessel ( I have Full DP license & Master's unlimited License).

My plan is to come back to Australia again to start my child's school in 2020.

I need a more specific direction to get job in Australia, or else its difficult to keep the PR visa valid & to achieve the long term goal of securing child's future.

Sincerely.

Hi Sevenseas, 

In my opinion,  it is very difficult to secure a job in Australia while living in offshore location unless you are highly connected and extremely lucky.  You probably need to move to Australia first ... Cheers!

15 hours ago, martin1987 said:

Hi guys

Cheers

Things are picking up, I spent a few years in the offshore industry out here and the conditions are good. If you have experience on DP vessels you should have a fairly good shot at getting a job. 

42 minutes ago, mariner2017 said:

Hi Sevenseas, 

In my opinion,  it is very difficult to secure a job in Australia while living in offshore location unless you are highly connected and extremely lucky.  You probably need to move to Australia first ... Cheers!

I would agree. Unless you are here in Oz the companies are not interested in talking to you. Usually when you get a break they want you ready to fly to Karratha within 24 hours. 

2 minutes ago, CaptainR said:

Things are picking up, I spent a few years in the offshore industry out here and the conditions are good. If you have experience on DP vessels you should have a fairly good shot at getting a job. 

Hi

like I said, i have 11 years experience in offshore(DP2/dp3 ships), with various projects from diving , pipelaying , construction etc, working previosly for big international companies. Currently employed like 1st engineer(holidn Chief engineer no limitation licence)

• 1 month later...

Hello guys,

Just joined this forum, and nice to see you all guys have shared very great info on migration topics. Self also planning for COR as soon as possible , capt arun would you like to share your contact details. 

3 minutes ago, Willboy said:

Hello guys,

Just joined this forum, and nice to see you all guys have shared very great info on migration topics. Self also planning for COR as soon as possible , capt arun would you like to share your contact details. 

CaptR,

Self have completed amsa skill assessment, but they could issue final letter only after i get COR, medicals etc. Presently holding uk masters coc unlimited but sailing as chief mate.

As per info I can see only in NT SOL ships master is present under 489..Is there positive chances for self, worrying factor is age as self will b completing 39yrs in August and will b losing 10 pts.. 

Guys please advice.. Thanks.

Hello guys, 

Can anyone also advice, as self holding UK masters unlimited Coc but haven't sail as master yet, but carry a 8-10 yrs of experience  as 2nd and  CM, so can self be able to apply under ships master category for 489 ROL. 

Hello guys, 
Can anyone also advice, as self holding UK masters unlimited Coc but haven't sail as master yet, but carry a 8-10 yrs of experience  as 2nd and  CM, so can self be able to apply under ships master category for 489 ROL. 

Hi Willboy,
Since you have master CoC, you will be able to apply under ships master category for 489 ROL. I had claimed part of my CM experience along with master & shore based job experience & they were accepted. Not sure if 2nd Mate experience will be accepted or not. In the AMSA final assessment letter, it will be usually mentioned how many years of experience you have after the master CoC & that experience you should be able to claim for points.
Cheers!

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am looking to work on offshore vessel in oz, but don’t have any offshore experience . Have sailed for four years as master on ocean going vessel.

Currently, doing Some odd jobs in Sydney. Not getting any headway on how to break the ice in offshore industry.

would appreciate your guidance on which company to approach and how is job market. 

Many thanks .

19 hours ago, Lali said:

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am looking to work on offshore vessel in oz, but don’t have any offshore experience . Have sailed for four years as master on ocean going vessel.

Currently, doing Some odd jobs in Sydney. Not getting any headway on how to break the ice in offshore industry.

would appreciate your guidance on which company to approach and how is job market. 

Many thanks .

It's almost impossible to find a job in offshore Aussie vessels,unless you have connections.

My best advice to you would be that you should go back to sea & leave your family in Australia,so they can start their time for citizenship , you would be much better off.....most of the guys I know are doing the same.