Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot - OCCUPATION REMOVED July 2017

CaptainR

Teekay Shipping (Australia) Pty Ltd is part of Teekay Corporation, one of the largest and most respected international vessels owners and shipping companies in the world.  Our Company is extremely well respected for the high quality of our operations, capability of our staff, responsiveness to our customers and our commitment to safety and environmental protection. Teekay Shipping (Australia) Pty Ltd operates a diverse fleet of vessels for other parts of Teekay as well as customers in public and private sectors in Australia.

Teekay is looking to expand our local operations and is currently recruiting for experienced Deck Officers, Engineering Officers and Integrated Ratings, Marine Cooks & Stewards. The ideal candidates would hold a valid Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) certificates of Competency/Proficiency, hold an Australian passport and have had recent experience working onboard vessels in a seagoing capacity. Dynamic Position experience in respect of Deck Officers would be an advantage. Successful applicants would also be required to pass an Australian Government Security Clearance.

Teekay is a progressive employer offering a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salaries and opportunities for growth and personal development. Applications to be received no later than Friday 23 March 2017.

Please submit your application via Seek as any direct telephonic enquiries will not be entertained.

https://www.seek.com.au/job/35674939?type=standout&userqueryid=124460a58231f71fe652f24f6e467515-4045525

Teekay Shipping (Australia) Pty Ltd is part of Teekay Corporation, one of the largest and most respected international vessels owners and shipping companies in the world. Our Company is extremely well respected for the high quality of our operations, capability of our staff, responsiveness to our customers and our commitment to safety and environmental protection. Teekay Shipping (Australia) Pty Ltd operates a diverse fleet of vessels for other parts of Teekay as well as customers in public and private sectors in Australia.
Teekay is looking to expand our local operations and is currently recruiting for experienced Deck Officers, Engineering Officers and Integrated Ratings, Marine Cooks & Stewards. The ideal candidates would hold a valid Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) certificates of Competency/Proficiency, hold an Australian passport and have had recent experience working onboard vessels in a seagoing capacity. Dynamic Position experience in respect of Deck Officers would be an advantage. Successful applicants would also be required to pass an Australian Government Security Clearance.
Teekay is a progressive employer offering a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salaries and opportunities for growth and personal development. Applications to be received no later than Friday 23 March 2017.
Please submit your application via Seek as any direct telephonic enquiries will not be entertained.

6 minutes ago, Lali said:

Most of the jobs are available for DP operators, no jobs are available on ocean going ships .
Which institute is offering DP course and estimated cost , if known .

http://www.farstadsimulation.com/dynamic-positioning-courses/

Farstad Simulation in Perth, fantastic facility and well setup for doing DP courses. I did a DP advanced there.  

Australia has very few ocean going ships, mostly manned through ASP Shipping or Teekay. 

Edited by CaptainR

• 1 month later...

Good day all,

I recently made my initial entry after my grant with my family can I get back home to join on ship for 6-8 months. Does this effect on my visa or my family members visa as they are also going back with me.

Kindly advise as I am planning to join back on ship for my sea time.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, msgill said:

Does this effect on my visa or my family members visa as they are also going back with me.

Welcome....

Only the time spent here and a job done here is counted.

You can keep visiting every month.

• 1 month later...

Hi Please refer to the residency requirements in DIBP Website , The time on board may not be counted ,but if you are employed in a company as a ships crew for more than 2 years , your time in australia needs to be be only 16 months as opposed to resident for the last 4 years prior making citizenship application .This is approximate please refer DIBP for exact details.

Cheers

6 hours ago, mariner777 said:

Hi Please refer to the residency requirements in DIBP Website , The time on board may not be counted ,but if you are employed in a company as a ships crew for more than 2 years , your time in australia needs to be be only 16 months as opposed to resident for the last 4 years prior making citizenship application .This is approximate please refer DIBP for exact details.

Cheers

Hi please see below link directly from the govt website. His time would be counted but his families time would not be counted.. He requires a seatime of 24 months.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/citi/appl/what-documents-do-you-need/variation-to-the-residence-requirement

quote:

• Requirement: To meet the special resident requirement, you must have been living in Australia on a valid visa which allows permanent residency for two years immediately before you apply. During those two years you must have been lawfully present in Australia for at least 180 days, including at least 90 days of that time in the 12 months immediately before lodging your application.
  • If you have been engaged in particular kinds of work and can provide evidence from an employer that shows you have worked in that occupation for at least a total of two out of the past four years and you were required to travel outside Australia for that work, the following special residence requirement may apply to you.
    Requirement: You must have held a valid Australian visa for four years immediately before applying, including one year as a permanent resident immediately before applying.

You must also have been living in Australia for a total of 16 months (480 days) during the four years before you apply, with at least four months (120 days) of that time in the year immediately before your application.

The following is list of relevant occupations for this special residence requirement:
    • a member of the crew of a ship or aircraft
  • Like 1

On 20/04/2018 at 17:46, msgill said:

Good day all,

I recently made my initial entry after my grant with my family can I get back home to join on ship for 6-8 months. Does this effect on my visa or my family members visa as they are also going back with me.

Kindly advise as I am planning to join back on ship for my sea time.

Thank you.

Hi please see below link directly from the govt website. His time would be counted but his families time would not be counted.. He requires a seatime of 24 months. while he is away his family needs to stay in oz to be able to apply for their citizenship.. alternatively they can seek extension for their pr or come on a family visa once he has his citizenship.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/citi/appl/what-documents-do-you-need/variation-to-the-residence-requirement

quote:

• Requirement: To meet the special resident requirement, you must have been living in Australia on a valid visa which allows permanent residency for two years immediately before you apply. During those two years you must have been lawfully present in Australia for at least 180 days, including at least 90 days of that time in the 12 months immediately before lodging your application.
  • If you have been engaged in particular kinds of work and can provide evidence from an employer that shows you have worked in that occupation for at least a total of two out of the past four years and you were required to travel outside Australia for that work, the following special residence requirement may apply to you.
    Requirement: You must have held a valid Australian visa for four years immediately before applying, including one year as a permanent resident immediately before applying.

You must also have been living in Australia for a total of 16 months (480 days) during the four years before you apply, with at least four months (120 days) of that time in the year immediately before your application.

The following is list of relevant occupations for this special residence requirement:
    • a member of the crew of a ship or aircraft
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Just want know A

On 12/03/2018 at 05:50, CaptainR said:

Brunel (Australasia) is a market leader in providing experienced and competent personnel to the offshore industry.

We are currently seeking expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced Deck Officers, Engineers and ETO's for future offshore projects.

What you require -

• A commitment to safety and team orientated ethic 
  • Hold a current STCW compliant certificate(s) relevant to your position 
  • Hold Nautical Institute DP Operators Certificate - Deck Officers
  • Hold ECDIS Certification - Generic
  • Hold a DP Maintenance Certificate – Engineering / ETO's Officers (Highly regarded)
  • Hold a current ILO and / or MLC Medical Certificate or equivalent 
  • Hold a valid Passport with a minimum of 6 months currency
  • Hold a current BOSIET

What you get - 

• Excellent safety record and management systems 
  • World class employer with an exciting pipeline of upcoming project opportunities
  • Dedicated and experienced on-shore support team

If you, or someone you may know,  have an interest in registering with Brunel for upcoming projects please click the "APPLY" button including a copy of your up to date resume and we will be in contact.

https://www.seek.com.au/job/35532306?type=standard&userqueryid=a555b8bccb76b6b4dbb04506c3f34c6b-3786728

On 12/06/2018 at 15:24, marine8611 said:

I have recently moved to Melbourn..if you are in Melbourn and wanna meet up.please send me a message here!

Hi, you can reach me on 0401988013

• 1 month later...

Hello friends  , 

on March 2018 , ships officer occupation has been included in Regional occupation list and is eligible for 187 visa ( employer sponsored visa ) . 

Does anyone know ,

1. Will Amsa still provide skill assessment for ships officer category ?

2. Is it possible to use ships officer skill assessment to claim 5 point for partner skills in a 189/190 visa ?

thanks 

Hello friends  , 
on March 2018 , ships officer occupation has been included in Regional occupation list and is eligible for 187 visa ( employer sponsored visa ) . 
Does anyone know ,
1. Will Amsa still provide skill assessment for ships officer category ?
2. Is it possible to use ships officer skill assessment to claim 5 point for partner skills in a 189/190 visa ?

thanks 

Only Ships Master Occupation is in the ROL since March 2018. As far as I understand, the occupation is eligible for state nomination for 489 visa. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/08/2018 at 17:23, mariner2017 said:

Only Ships Master Occupation is in the ROL since March 2018. As far as I understand, the occupation is eligible for state nomination for 489 visa. Thanks.

Hi Jikku,

1. Further, suggest that you should write to AMSA (AMSAConnect@amsa.gov.au) to inquire if they will do skill assessment for Ships Officer as this occupation is not in any list yet. However, I believe that AMSA will do skill assessment for  Ships Master since it is in ROL now. 

2. I doubt, however, if you will be able to use this skill assessment to claim 5 points for partner skill in 189/190 as the occupation has to be in the same list that of partner's. Please refer to this link ..https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/skilled/partner-skills-documents.aspx

Brgds.

• 3 months later...