CaptainR

Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot - OCCUPATION REMOVED July 2017

3 hours ago, CaptainR said:

I suspect you will be on of the last to get in marine8611, good luck with it all. 

I think the visa route may open up again though in a few years time. 

Dear Capt R 

Do you mean our application will be looked in to with least priority since occupations are already removed ? 

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Posted (edited)
    1 hour ago, jithooos said:

Dear Capt R 

Do you mean our application will be looked in to with least priority since occupations are already removed ? 

No, what I mean is that applications that are already in will be processed accordingly. No further applications will be processed after 1st July and 'in my opinion' within 3-4 years the occupation will be reopened on the SOL. 

Edited by CaptainR

4 hours ago, jithooos said:

Nothing Reported for our profession in recent weeks. However I recently got CO contact asking for few additional docs.whats your status ?

I have submitted all the documents and have not gotten any CO contact so far ,so I am just expecting a direct grant .

Ship Engineer /Documents Mailed for Assessment: 17/02/2017/ Initial Assessment Received:  20/03/2017 / AMSA Oral Exam Passed: 04/05/2017 / Assessment Received: 23/05/2017 / EOI Submitted: 23/05/2017/ITA: 23/05/2017 /Grant: 28/09/2017 / IED: 12/04/2017

5 hours ago, CaptainR said:

I suspect you will be on of the last to get in marine8611, good luck with it all. 

I think the visa route may open up again though in a few years time. 

Yea it looks like it .

Ship Engineer /Documents Mailed for Assessment: 17/02/2017/ Initial Assessment Received:  20/03/2017 / AMSA Oral Exam Passed: 04/05/2017 / Assessment Received: 23/05/2017 / EOI Submitted: 23/05/2017/ITA: 23/05/2017 /Grant: 28/09/2017 / IED: 12/04/2017

Hi All,

I had lodged my visa application in the last week of June'17 and was contacted by CO for PCC last week.

I guess although the job has been removed from the SOL , they are processing applications lodged prior July 01st.

Does anybody know how to get PCC's for Hkg, Singapore?? Please do share your experience/difficulties or some links if you have already gone through the procedures. Good luck to all!

Best regards,

Sant

3 hours ago, Chief Eng said:

Hi All,

I had lodged my visa application in the last week of June'17 and was contacted by CO for PCC last week.

I guess although the job has been removed from the SOL , they are processing applications lodged prior July 01st.

Does anybody know how to get PCC's for Hkg, Singapore?? Please do share your experience/difficulties or some links if you have already gone through the procedures. Good luck to all!

Best regards,

Sant

Hello 

1.Singapore police force won't issue PCC for seamen. I have already mailed them and got a negative reply. So I uploaded the official mail communication in to immi account. 

2. I'm not aware about Hong Kong PCC. 

In order to waiver Singapore pcc, CO asked me to upload all exit/entry stamps and visas in passports. So do that asap before a second contact. 

any recent grants?

Hello everyone,

I am posting after a long time so hope all who have been granted visa are doing great and ones in line are eagerly waiting.I feel really sad to disclose before you all that we seafarers put in all hardwork to obtain visa and that's when we feel our hard labour is paid .....But its the beginning of the long wait to land up a job in Australia.I have put in a lot of money but I do not feel it's wise enough to go there without a respectable job.Its been almost 2 years since I got my grant but the job scenario is still the same or even worse. Finding a first job is almost impossible and it's the worst for the seafarers as they only prefer a person with local knowledge which can not be our case as we all are migrating to a new land.Its my sincere and honest advise without any prejudice not to waste their hard earned money,time and effort for NOTHING.Finally after so much effort and trying I have decided not to go any further into this.This is my experience and not to discourage anyone here on this forum,but I felt it's my respononsibilty to paint the true picture.

Thanks and best regards.

• Like 1

VISA 189 GRANTED 12TH SEP.15

14 hours ago, sierra said:

Hello everyone,

I am posting after a long time so hope all who have been granted visa are doing great and ones in line are eagerly waiting.I feel really sad to disclose before you all that we seafarers put in all hardwork to obtain visa and that's when we feel our hard labour is paid .....But its the beginning of the long wait to land up a job in Australia.I have put in a lot of money but I do not feel it's wise enough to go there without a respectable job.Its been almost 2 years since I got my grant but the job scenario is still the same or even worse. Finding a first job is almost impossible and it's the worst for the seafarers as they only prefer a person with local knowledge which can not be our case as we all are migrating to a new land.Its my sincere and honest advise without any prejudice not to waste their hard earned money,time and effort for NOTHING.Finally after so much effort and trying I have decided not to go any further into this.This is my experience and not to discourage anyone here on this forum,but I felt it's my respononsibilty to paint the true picture.

Thanks and best regards.

thanks for the info.  why don't you try another job or work overseas .I guess one should commit to Australia once he/she gets the PR and not just wait for a job as a condition to stay in Australia.

Edited by marine8611

Hi,
    I was granted a visa in sep17. I applied in Apr17, could not update earlier due to unavailability of internet on my ship. Removal of skill is got nothing to do with processing time. All those who have applied before 31 July, stay positive grant is on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Did you have much CO contact?  I applied in December 2016, last contact in July.  Heard nothing since.

Hi Adam,
    Only once , asked for police clearance from flag state .

Just now, Lali said:

Hi Adam,
    Only once , asked for police clearance from flag state .

Hi Lali, 

which was your processing Office ? Adelaide ? 

I got my grant on 28/09/2017 and received my COR yesterday on 16/10/2017.Thanks to Captain C and everyone here for your contributions.

Congratulations [mention=262974]marine8611[/mention]

Thanks a lot Captain.

Sent from my SM-J700F using PomsinOz mobile app