Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot - OCCUPATION REMOVED July 2017

CaptainR

Gaurav,
Welcome and good luck for the months of hard work, stress, patience, money and hard work.  There are no short cuts, it takes a lot of all the above.  Just to give you and other new members an idea, this is my situation:
I first started the process with company letters etc in September 2015, got invited for orals in February 2016, moved to Australia on a working holiday visa in October 2016, did orals in November 2016 and submitted visa application December 2016.  I got asked for more documents in January 2017, then more again in June 2017.  I am now still waiting, hopeful that the visa isn't far off.  
Thanking you Adam for your kind and detailed reply.besides the hardwork we put in our vision, we also can't escape the concequences of the choices make.I am sure you will be at the pinnacle of your ambitions soon! I'm sure you are not alone in this arduous journey, just turn around and you l see more like me. :) wishing luck to all in the group.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using PomsinOz mobile app

1 hour ago, Capt J said:

Ooppsss. 

I appologies. The list which I referred was state list and not federal list. Our skill is still there in federal list.

You have put a bomb Capt J !! Lot of aspirants must have been shocked seeing it early in the morning. However, planned maintenance has been scheduled for DIBP website on 30th June 9 PM AEST. Thats likely to be the publishing time.

24 minutes ago, jithooos said:

You have put a bomb Capt J !! Lot of aspirants must have been shocked seeing it early in the morning. However, planned maintenance has been scheduled for DIBP website on 30th June 9 PM AEST. Thats likely to be the publishing time.

There is always maintenance scheduled for the website on the last night of the financial/visa year. That is when they upload new fee schedules, new visa details, changes to existing visas etc. It can't be done while the website is live as it is always a big project so the site goes offline for a few hours. 

On 6/21/2017 at 12:16, Adam said:

Lali, for me that wasn't the case.  I got asked for additional documents in January - more evidence of past employment.  I didn't hear anything until about a week ago when they asked for more - statutory declaration.  They needed that as I was unable to obtain PCC's from most flag states.  I did however previously send evidence of me trying to obtain them.  So my advice is to fill out the statutory declaration and send that before they ask for it, if you have any flag states that won't issue a PCC.  

They have recently increased the wait time for 189 visas and it seems they take longer than the 28 + 28 days to process anything extra they ask for.

Hello Adam 

did CO mail you statutory declaration form ? I m planning to file one since I didn't get my Singapore pcc. If you have a format, can u please mail it to me ? Thanks 

Not yet.  I won't hear anything for about another couple of weeks at least, until the 28 day document upload period.  Then there's another 28 days within which they're supposed to respond. Although that hasn't proved to be the case in the past!