Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot - OCCUPATION REMOVED July 2017

CaptainR

Hi 

This is a very useful forum . Thanks for creating this.

I have received a letter from AMSA for my assessment . It says i am eligible for applying for migration. (My oral exam has been done and cleared). My query is that they have not mentioned my number of years of work experience in that letter , Secondly how do they calculate work experience . I have sailed for 39 months altogether. Can you please help.

31 minutes ago, Harry CO said:

Hi 

I have received a letter from AMSA for my assessment . It says i am eligible for applying for migration. (My oral exam has been done and cleared). My query is that they have not mentioned my number of years of work experience in that letter , Secondly how do they calculate work experience . I have sailed for 39 months altogether. Can you please help.

Hello harry 

i got my assessment letter with same issue and I did mail amsa to clarify. What they said was, they do not mention years of seatime in migration letter. I know this is contradictory to what old applicants have received. However I got official mail from amsa stating the same. How much points do you have with out work experience?? 

3 hours ago, Harry CO said:

Hi 

I received my assessment on 23/05/2017 and they assessed my experience as well as my qualification.I think you should call them and clarify .

Edited by marine8611

51 minutes ago, jithooos said:

Hello Mariner 

I had mailed amsa the same day and they said they do not provide seatime for skill assesment even though lot of my batch mates have got their experience mentioned in letter. Pls refere attached image 

IMG_3692.PNG

well that is weird as they gave me 7 years in my final assessment (even though I got almost 8 years experience)  which was in this month.Maybe they have done some changes to their system.

1 hour ago, marine8611 said:

well that is weird as they gave me 7 years in my final assessment (even though I got almost 8 years experience)  which was in this month.Maybe they have done some changes to their system.

Have you submitted your EOI ? 

8 hours ago, Harry CO said:

Hi 

Hi harry

Condratulation 

can you pls help me in respect to form 419,

should I fill it up and and send it?

just I apply for oral examination for immigration purpose.

looking forward to hearing you

Regard

Ako

Hello all 

after lot of mails, AMSA issued me an amended assesment letter mentioning the work experience. I have only 5 years of experience and they have mentioned as 7 years !! Strange evaluation !!

Edited by jithooos

Similar case with me as well look like. I emailed them that my sea service letter would be on agent company in India which is licensed to recruit and place seafarers. Just to be sure. The reply comes with a template attached that the letter needs to be on company letterhead. How can I be getting the same from company when all crewing matters are handled by agent firm with RPSL. I guess if i also mail them several times further, they would allow me to send letter on agent's letterhead. Any one who could advise on this or anyone who has sent letter on agent company's letterhead in past.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Divy said:

Thank you sir. I am attaching here the template received today for interests of those who are gonna apply.

seaservice-letter.docx

Hi divy,

Letters from manning companies worked just fine for me during the initial process of document verification with AMSA. You can always request your manning company / agents to mention the name of the owners / principals in the employment letters, to further authenticate your claim for sea service.

• Like 1

Hello all

I am in d process of applying for assessment to AMSA ... m worried regarding recent visa removal rumours...Should i wait or go ahead with the application... What is current market situation der regarding jobs... Is there any job scope if I wish to do MBA in shipping and logistics

25 minutes ago, AmitS said:

Hello all

I am in d process of applying for assessment to AMSA ... m worried regarding recent visa removal rumours...Should i wait or go ahead with the application... What is current market situation der regarding jobs... Is there any job scope if I wish to do MBA in shipping and logistics

Hello Amit 

since you have not started the process, I suggest you wait till July 1 to see the amendments. 

• Like 1

Hello all

I am pursuing a PG program in Melbourne. I may assist you to some extent . pm you

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Hi ,
This is interesting and I am not able to find a way around it. May be someone with similar experience can help me .

I have been asked to submit a police clearance from Bahamian police as I was employed on Bahamian flag vessel.
Now Bahamian authorities are not replying to my mails , either do they answer the phone call .
On their website they say that non residents should send their request by post or apply in person . Apart from documents, the applicant must include self addressed return envelop .
Now I have checked with all major Courier companies and they don't provide anything like international self addressed return envelop .

Indian post also does not have anything like this . I am assuming Indian postal stamps are valid for outbound shipments and for domestic post . So putting Indian stand on envelop and sending it to Bahamas as self addressed return envelop would not serve the purpose .

Does anyone have any clue how to buy international self addressed envelop in India .

Thax
Capt ASR

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

7 hours ago, Lali said:

Hi ,
This is interesting and I am not able to find a way around it. May be someone with similar experience can help me .

I have been asked to submit a police clearance from Bahamian police as I was employed on Bahamian flag vessel.
Now Bahamian authorities are not replying to my mails , either do they answer the phone call .
On their website they say that non residents should send their request by post or apply in person . Apart from documents, the applicant must include self addressed return envelop .
Now I have checked with all major Courier companies and they don't provide anything like international self addressed return envelop .

Indian post also does not have anything like this . I am assuming Indian postal stamps are valid for outbound shipments and for domestic post . So putting Indian stand on envelop and sending it to Bahamas as self addressed return envelop would not serve the purpose .

Does anyone have any clue how to buy international self addressed envelop in India .

Thax
Capt ASR

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

how many cumulative months have you sailed on Bahamian ships? 

1 hour ago, terminators said:

Presently doing Mates in India and I want to apply for amsa assessment. Should I wait to apply untill I clear my mates in India or should apply with 2mfg?

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

Hello Sir,

Whichever COC you use for applying (mates or 2mfg), the process would go beyond 1st July, which is why it is better to wait for the decision from Mr. Peter Dutton, DIBP.