Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot - OCCUPATION REMOVED July 2017

CaptainR

Hi
Before I post this last message for today people, could you please suggest me more such resources for information on AMSA orals, Ship's Officer occupation immigration to AUS ? Any watsapp groups, fb pages or forums will do perfect
Thanks

Hi divy,
Kindly go through the thread , the initial pages will give you a rough idea on the topics u need to be familiar with. I am also sailing in the same boat as you wrt oral preps. PM me , will be more than happy to share whatever data I have ( mostly from the drop box) with you. Cheers

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

What can be the possible implications if fact sheet is under review? 

For info sharing only. However, in view of current uncertainties over the immigration policies, AMSA just may impose additional requirements for skill assessment..... just my thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello every one
Anybody has any info about Marshall lsland PCC.
Thnx

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

In order to obtain your police certificate you must apply to:
Police Commissioner
Department of Public Safety
PO Box 1222
Majuro
Marshall Islands MH 96960
Telephone: 692-625-4049
Fax: 692-625-5134

https://www.facebook.com/MarshallIslandsPoliceDepartment/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Good day all,

I wanted to know that I am holding Master's CoC from UK, and as per Indian government if done holding Master coc then  Mumbai University gives you a certificate of Bachelors degree should i send that letter also for assessment . As forgot to send this letter earlier and had my assessment done and received a letter from AMSA tto come for orals  should i show them when i go to Australia or should i send them now  and will i have to pay in again.

Secondly as someone mentioned that he got 10 years experience as he had done his second mates then so for that too shall i send again as had in mind as applying for masters orals need to send all documents related masters and not from the beginning.

Pls guide

Good day all,

I wanted to know that I am holding Master's CoC from UK, and as per Indian government if done holding Master coc then  Mumbai University gives you a certificate of Bachelors degree should i send that letter also for assessment . As forgot to send this letter earlier and had my assessment done and received a letter from AMSA tto come for orals  should i show them when i go to Australia or should i send them now  and will i have to pay in again.
Secondly as someone mentioned that he got 10 years experience as he had done his second mates then so for that too shall i send again as had in mind as applying for masters orals need to send all documents related masters and not from the beginning.

Pls guide

Hi,
AMSA will not award you anything more than an Advanced diploma, in which case the BSc will not make any difference. I would suggest you get you degree assessed by Vetassess -

https://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-assessment-for-migration/points-test-advice

As for your work experience, did you provide AMSA with you sea service testimonials for your time as a third and second mate as well?

Hi farmer,
I think ur degree is an equivalent of graduation but not the actual degree. I guess it can be used to pursue further studies from Bombay university . Vetassess may not accredit it .
Thats my own view , check with vetassess .

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

no i did not supply all they asked me for 36 months sea time letter how can i send in all the sea time letters as officer

Hi farmer,
Sorry but what you write is s little confusing.

Correct me if I am wrong.

(1).You have a Master's CoC.

(2). AMSA has invited you for an orals examination.

If the above is correct, then AMSA would have had to assess all your work experienced prior to that, ie., 3rd mate, 2nd mate and Chief Mate & Master (if you have sailed in these ranks)
If not then it is quite different from a normal process.
The bottom line is that AMSA will award you experience from the time you began sailing as an officer right through to today.
Example: 2007/Jan 3rd officer to today/2017 (irrespective what rank) = 10 years.

In any case I strongly suggest you call AMSA to clarify.

I hope the above is of any help

On 4/30/2017 at 10:05 PM, Lali said:

Hi farmer,
I think ur degree is an equivalent of graduation but not the actual degree. I guess it can be used to pursue further studies from Bombay university . Vetassess may not accredit it .
Thats my own view , check with vetassess .

thanks for your advice . Will check with vetassess as you said. Which rank are u sailing have you already cleared your orals and where did u gave them from ?

On 5/1/2017 at 8:29 PM, Dhawalnpatel said:

Hello Dhawaln

Thanks for the advice yes am currently holding Master's CoC and have sent all my sea time letter from 3rd officer till now. have applied for visa . what abt you which part of process you on and where are you.

Edited by farmer82

Hello Everyone 

Could someone please advise regarding medicals for PR application process. I would like to finish my medicals since I am due for joining a vessel. My plan was to get medicals done and join the vessel and complete rest of the process onboard or my wife would complete the same. I read HAP id is required for doing medicals. Could some shed some light on this ? Is it possible to obtain the same prior a case officer is assigned?

Hi everyone

I 'm suppose to conduct oral exam on 30 May in Brisbane foe immigration purpose. 

could someone kindly advise me about the atmosphere of the examination and how can I prepared myself.

is there any special requirement to conduct the exam same as suits,Uniform,,,,,,

and if I passed the exam how long it take for official result from AMSA and what are the next steps.

regard

AKO

Hi everyone
I 'm suppose to conduct oral exam on 30 May in Brisbane foe immigration purpose. 
could someone kindly advise me about the atmosphere of the examination and how can I prepared myself.
is there any special requirement to conduct the exam same as suits,Uniform,,,,,,
and if I passed the exam how long it take for official result from AMSA and what are the next steps.
regard
AKO

Kindly go through the earlier posts in the thread... literally everything ( hard work of Capt R n Capt C) is mentioned in detail if one takes time out to read.
There is even a link to a Dropbox where u can find latest questions.

On 26/4/2017 at 4:38 PM, mariner2017 said:

AMSA Skill assessment fact sheet under review.

AMSA 1568 under review.JPG

The new STCW 05 has been uploaded on the amsa website. Changes include a very comprehensive "notes" section, and the procedure being explained in a detailed manner. Can sort doubts of many who are still in the early stages of application like myself. cheers.

29 minutes ago, rmanglu said:

The new STCW 05 has been uploaded on the amsa website. Changes include a very comprehensive "notes" section, and the procedure being explained in a detailed manner. Can sort doubts of many who are still in the early stages of application like myself. cheers.

Just now i have checked AMSA website and i found the form with no change in compare with last one AMSA 1568