ACS - RPL Help website

Guest mandisfam

Guest mandisfam

Hi all you IT Geeks (this is said with much love as my oh is an IT geek) and IT Geek's partners.....

Has anyone used this website RPLHelp - provides assistance to anyone who is preparing an Australian Computer Society (ACS) Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application for assessment for migration, including example CBOK sections, project reports and references. to help them fill in the ACS RPL application form.

Im a bit confused with the CBOK stuff. If anyone thinks they might help, can you either post or pm me, before I start asking questions.

Thanks, Mandisfam (IT Geek's Wife)

Guest cantwait

Hi

My OH is an IT geek too!!:GEEK:

He passed his acs assessment and we referred to rplhelp.com. If you have any questions, please ask. If you'd prefer to pm me feel free. It seems really over whelming and confusing at first but once you get into it, it's not so bad.

Regards

Karen

Guest mandisfam

Hi Karen, Thanks, I will pm you later, need to get the dinner on before the kids start screaming.....

Thanks, Mary

Guest d235444

Hi,

I have just done my ACS with CBOK about 8 weeks and got a positive response. The rpl site is very useful and I would say def worth the 20 quid to buy an example app.

If you need any info send me a message.

Guest mandisfam

Hi Guys, After good look at the information our agent has sent us last night, we have figured out that oh needs to complete only 5 cbok sections. So not so bad. Obviously we still have the project reports and references to do.

Do you really think its worth buying the whole RPL application for £20 and the cbok sections we are doing at £2 each or did you feel it was a waste money????

Many thanks

Mandisfam

Guest d235444

I did 7 cbok and the project reports etc... yep def worth paying the 20 quid as the ACS is the hard bit compared to actually doing the residency app afterwards.

Also be careful with your references as they need to have very specific wording in them eg full time and full job descritipton etc

Guest cantwait

Hi

It is definately worth £20 for the rpl help. And totally agree about the references. We sent our with months and years of emplyment and they asked for exact dates.

Guest cantwait
Cantwait, do you need references for every job then???

Hi

I think it is a reference for every job for the past 6/8 years - but please double check that with someone. It may be different if you have a degree or not. My OH doesn't have a degree. Luckily he's worked for the same company for 10 years, but doing different jobs so the reference wasn't too much of a problem. We are now preparing to lodge our visa application and have been asked for references since he left school.

Karen

Guest d235444

You will need a reference for each job u are claiming experenice for. eg If you are say u have 6 yrs u will need references to cover that time.

If you have a degree in IT you will only need 4yrs experience if you have non-IT related higher education you will need 6 yrs as the first 2 yrs are classed as 'learning'. I am guessing u are the 2nd as if u have a degree in IT u dont need to do the RPL/CBOK part.

The reference dont always have to be from the company itself, for one of my references I used a reference from an ex-collegue that I was still in touch with. He wrote basically confirming we worked together and my job entatiled x, y & z and also signed a stat declaration to say the info was correct as it wasnt on the old companies letterhead.

Guest BusbyB

Hi Mandisfam,

I'm in the process of getting my head round what's needed to put together an RPL for the ACS. cantwait has been extremely helpful and her OH seems to have got it sussed, so it would probably be well worth PM-ing her about it. It does seem very daunting, but I suppose at the end of the day they just want to know what your job involves and what experience you've had in the past, so they can judge it against what the Australian marketplace is looking for.

Good Luck with it all,

BusbyB

• 1 year later...
Guest lovekan
Hi,

I have just done my ACS with CBOK about 8 weeks and got a positive response. The rpl site is very useful and I would say def worth the 20 quid to buy an example app.

If you need any info send me a message.

hi

i am applying for rpl undet network security can you provide me some help on project reports etc... if you have any

Guest mandisfam
hi

i am applying for rpl undet network security can you provide me some help on project reports etc... if you have any

Hello, Do the try the RPLhelp website...very very good at getting you started in writing these things. Here is the web address for you:

RPLHelp - provides assistance to anyone who is preparing an Australian Computer Society (ACS) Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application

Good luck

mandisfam

• 5 weeks later...

Hello LYNMACMD i need your help re: RPL...

im new in this thread. i saw your post regarding RPL. please im begging you can you send me sample of RPL.

please pm me thank you very much in advance.

• 1 year later...
Guest Oakley
We have the RPL example if you want a copy pm please

Hi Anybody - can anybody please pm me an example of an rpl? I know it is a big ask but hey - we are all in this together. Should my applications be successful, I am going to make a point of writing some sort of tutorial around this process.

Anyhow, Example RPL anybody Please!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived