Sons student visa granted in 24 hrs

kellyjamie

Hi all,

I just wanted to give an update especially to anyone waiting on a student visa. We lodged a paper application at Australia House on Monday and the case officer called my son Tuesday went over his application and the visa was granted by 12pm Tuesday lunch time.

Bearing in mind hes a UK citizen, didnt require a medical and everything was in order in his application. They were calling to ensure that he is definately coming to live wtih me, i am financially responsible for him, and they also wanted to check that hes done some kind of work experience in the course hes chosen and also his plans at the end.

He arrives Monday!! A very expensive way to get here and still with no guarantee of PR but none the less my boy will be here with us x:yes:

Hi all,

I just wanted to give an update especially to anyone waiting on a student visa. We lodged a paper application at Australia House on Monday and the case officer called my son Tuesday went over his application and the visa was granted by 12pm Tuesday lunch time.

Bearing in mind hes a UK citizen, didnt require a medical and everything was in order in his application. They were calling to ensure that he is definately coming to live wtih me, i am financially responsible for him, and they also wanted to check that hes done some kind of work experience in the course hes chosen and also his plans at the end.

He arrives Monday!! A very expensive way to get here and still with no guarantee of PR but none the less my boy will be here with us x:yes:

Im glad you have found a way and I hope he manages to find a more permanent solution in time. Congratulations.

Hi all,

As long as he picked a course that is in general demand, a PR will be a straightforward thing. Good luck.

yep hes training as a chef which he genuinely wants to be. hes applied 3 times back home at college but places are so limited he couldnt get on. hopefully he can secure sponsorship after

He did well to get the visa that quickly. Back when I applied for mine we had to do a medical (all except the blood test).

Hopefully a sponsor shouldn't be too hard to find. :-)